Adrift on brown stuff creek without a paddle...

alpine_saint

Why is everything about to fall to pieces? A little hysterical don't you think?

Hysterical is an understatement. "No-ones told us anything" wah ! wah ! wah ! Oh yeah and a couple of dinosaurs have been given the push so Poch can get someone more professional in. We are doomed ! ****ing bedwetters.

How quick do you think negotiations would take? A simple "Sign this and don't ask any questions."? What's the rush, the season has been over for a week and Pochetinno has got a year left to run on his current deal. Signing a new contract is a big commitment, how much time would you give to a new proposition at work, or a new job...or would you just sign it off ASAP to please everyone?

He's been sitting on a new contract for months. If he was happy with it he'd have signed by now. He wants to see what other interest there is (his prerogative, of course). Pochettino's future would not irk me as much if the future of some players weren't linked to his so much. I'd rather the club take a position that they make the most suitable offer they want and if he doesn't want to sign it we move on. Waiting for him like a little ***** while he sees what else is out there makes us seem very smalltime.

Trying to look at it logically and calmly, I really don't see what more the board should do.

Refusing to comment until the legalities and final settlements of the dismissal process are complete seems sensible to me.

As to players and manager. First and foremost they are under contract to us.

Secondly why carry out negotiations in semi-public.

The parties concerned will make up their minds, and then the club will negotiate for the best possible deal.

Why say anything?

For what it's worth, I expect Lallana to go because of his age, imo he needs CL football next season, and needs a megabuck deal. Sad but true, he has to look after his own best interests.

I think MP could take Saints as far as he could Spuds. They have a history but aren't currently a big club. Bale put them in the position they're in and our financial mess allowed them to buy out our sell-on clause for a life-saving pittance.

I don't think Shaw should go this year, certainly not to MU until he's seen and heard what the new manager is like. He's not even twenty.

The big unknown as far as I'm concerned is Katherina Liebherr, how committed is she to the club and how much is she prepared to invest.

The asset that her father bought for twenty million is now worth ten times that, so does she want to hold or sell.

Us mere mortal supporters have no say at all, as at any other club.

Final thought: Stay Calm, Support the Saints; and remember Que sera sera!

I just thank all concerned for giving me one of the best seasons in nearly sixty years.

He's been sitting on a new contract for months. If he was happy with it he'd have signed by now. He wants to see what other interest there is (his prerogative' date=' of course). Pochettino's future would not irk me as much if the future of some players weren't linked to his so much. I'd rather the club take a position that they make the most suitable offer they want and if he doesn't want to sign it we move on. Waiting for him like a little ***** while he sees what else is out there makes us seem very smalltime.[/quote']

All speculation of course, unless you have had a look at his diary seen exactly what he has been doing. It could be that RK is looking for someone else and stalling the Pochettino deal! But, again, that is speculation, too. My view is that as soon as there is something to tell us - they will do so, as up until this point they have done. We don't know what is "taking them so long" (It's been a whole week now!!) and what the factors are. Or whether he would even want to go to Spurs or not (I doubt it for reasons I have posted elsewhere).

We could either look small time, or look exactly as we did last week on the final day of the season.

In all this drivel you have posted the are wise words which I think you need to re-read.............

I am happy for this to be merged with another thread; I just didnt know where it belonged.

We are CRYING OUT for a statement of intent from the new board; a deed that gives us an impression of which direction we are going in. After all, they have been in-place for a few months now and should know what they want to do.

So have we got it ? No. In fact, we have worse - respected ex-Saints players being fired.

We have no kit supplier this season, we are not sure we have a manager, and the vultures are circling our best players like they are rotting carcases out in a Western desert.

FFS, board, get a f**king grip before this club plummets into a new rut.

He's been sitting on a new contract for months. If he was happy with it he'd have signed by now. He wants to see what other interest there is (his prerogative' date=' of course). Pochettino's future would not irk me as much if the future of some players weren't linked to his so much. I'd rather the club take a position that they make the most suitable offer they want and if he doesn't want to sign it we move on. Waiting for him like a little ***** while he sees what else is out there makes us seem very smalltime.[/quote'] If all of that is true, what more could the club do?

At the end of the day, what are they supposed to say? More complete PR guff, or do we actually wait for them to announce something concrete? I'll go with the later, as their PR guff has done my head in thus far. If I had to put up with daily updates from RK I think I'd lose the will to live.

It does make me laugh on here sometimes. Lets see, since the anti christ went KL has opened the doors of St Marys to the ex hero's of past glorious seasons and her new staff have tried to re-instill the importance of our clubs history.......but without any of us knowing the FACTS of why Dodd and Williams have had there contracts terminated certain posters are reaching for that big red panic button and assumming the club is about to implode. Why? because they don't come out every 5 minutes infront of some irratating Echo reporter and tell the whole world about everything that is going on every day inside the corridors of SFC. Do people honestly think that SFC have terminated the contracts of these two without a very good reason? especially if it is not related in anyway to Poch's future?.......come on get a grip and try enjoying the summer and the world cup without worrying every 5 minutes that our club is not updating us on the renaming of the LeTissier suite.

I couldn't agree with this more.

Krueger has already stated his intentions about working with Poch to let him do things his way.

Les Reed has already said that the club will be speaking to players in the next few days, albeit that was 2 weeks ago.

Has any of the suicide brigade actually stopped to think that there is nothing to say at the moment, therefore the club has fallen into line with that and said nothing?

I'm sure when there is anything major to tell, we will be told. In the meantime, people read the tabloids and see quotes like yesterday's from Morgan and start looking for prospective trees, branches and nooses.

Yup Weston and stthrobber...I could'nt agree more. Nobody serious gobs off about who they are going to buy or sell in public neither do they rabbit on about when and how any negotiations or contracts with current or forthcoming players are going unless they want to pay double or are ignorant or disrespectful and / or lack professionalism. Our suicide brigade want Saints to be all four ~ probably because they suffer from ignorance of how things are in the commercial real world ~ and in addition I suspect that the nappy rash has started to burn a bit much and its gone to the head.

A statement saying " we don't like all those clubs / media saying they want to buy our players" or "we are going to buy the best players in the world" are worse than useless. When there's something to say it will be said. Until then, please stop crying over nothing.

Oh FFS, does he have to do this EVERY SINGLE YEAR?

Seriously, the last 5 years have seen Saints improving year on year, the ownership is still the same and the changes around the club so far have all been either improvements for the club to be less fan-unfriendly or dealing with fallout from the previous CEO's petty retributions.

Every year Alpine moans about failure, every year recently, we've got better.

It is SO dull, even if the worst happens, which is still pretty unlikely, I'd rather not waste any more of my time discussing endless worst case "sky is falling" hypotheticals beforehand.

Think it's a superstition thing. Alps has done at least 1 summer meltdown thread for 5 or 6 years and he's been completely wrong every time, leading to Saints continued success and improvement.

On the other hand, if he keeps doing it he will be correct one year.

I don't think he's moved on from his modus operandi when we were in the bottom half of the Championship with no centre backs (the only time he has been right, and even that was only an issue for 3 matches).

Trying to look at it logically and calmly, I really don't see what more the board should do.

Refusing to comment until the legalities and final settlements of the dismissal process are complete seems sensible to me.

The parties concerned will make up their minds, and then the club will negotiate for the best possible deal.

Why say anything?

For what it's worth, I expect Lallana to go because of his age, imo he needs CL football next season, and needs a megabuck deal. Sad but true, he has to look after his own best interests.

I think MP could take Saints as far as he could Spuds. They have a history but aren't currently a big club. Bale put them in the position they're in and our financial mess allowed them to buy out our sell-on clause for a life-saving pittance.

I don't think Shaw should go this year, certainly not to MU until he's seen and heard what the new manager is like. He's not even twenty.

The big unknown as far as I'm concerned is Katherina Liebherr, how committed is she to the club and how much is she prepared to invest.

The asset that her father bought for twenty million is now worth ten times that, so does she want to hold or sell.

I just thank all concerned for giving me one of the best seasons in nearly sixty years.

I think I agree with every word of this, great post!

We are just a 2nd rate Blackpool B&B.

Shocking

I will give till 1st July (way too generous) before alpine has a breakdown about the lack of transfers and holds up who ever this seasons Norwich as the "example" on getting your business done early

We are just a 2nd rate Blackpool B&B.

Shocking

I will give till 1st July (way too generous) before alpine has a breakdown about the lack of transfers and holds up who ever this seasons Norwich as the "example" on getting your business done early

IT'S BEEN 9 DAYS SINCE THE SEASON FINISHED AND WE HAVE NOT SIGNED ANYONE!!! ANYONE!!! :hunt:

The fact there is a World Cup about to start and no players are moving clubs yet is irrelevant, I want 936 signings now. And no Carlos Kickaballs. :x

Oh and don't you dare drop any of our current players for any of the new signings :x :x

But, if the new signings do not play every minute and score 37 goals in their first 45 minutes on the pitch then they are an utter waste of money/oxygen etc...

Is that it all covered?

Why say anything?

Gets a big, fat, thumbs up from me.

Woah, I think everyone needs to calm the f*** down.

Lets just look at this sensibly:

- U18's coaches sacked - we don't know if they were any good.

- No comment from OS yet due to legal issues.

- No contract has been agreed with Pochettino yet, hence no comment needed.

- No offers have been accepted yet for Shaw or Lallana hence no comment needed, and neither will be sold prior to the World Cup.

Everyone, sit back, get excited about seeing our players in the England team, and relax. It's sunny outside.

This place should be shut down between seasons.

No, people need their fix. A more useful suggestion would be to restrict everyone, whether registered user or full member, to a maximum of 3 posts a day until the season kicks off in August. That way you wouldn't have to trawl through page after page of hysterical, speculative, doom-laden drivel just to find the occasional decent, balanced post.

Just a thought.... Mods...?

Two youth team coaches depart and even before their replacements have been named, it is already heralded as a disaster by certain sections of the media. The club is in meltdown, they proclaim. Dodd and Williams were the best two youth coaches in the business. Why, look at how they brought through such players as Shaw, Chambers, Reed, Ward-Prowse and even Lallana, (who was already established when they were appointed). They are irreplaceable, Cortese would never have dismissed them; he never replaced managers or staff for anybody better, did he, because his appointees were always the best to start with.

So what happens when their replacements are announced and people are impressed with them? Are we still in a state of meltdown? Will the red-top rags admit that they were a bit too hasty in making their judgements? Will a squadron of pigs take to the skies and do a victory roll?

And more to the point, will those bedwetters who consistently wring their hands and wail "woe are we" ever look back at their past errors of judgement regarding the club's record since Markus Liebherr took over and admit that once again they have looked a bit of a tw*t for jumping to conclusions based on hearsay, rumours and innuendo?

I won't be holding my breath.

Am I missing something here?

Is SFC not like every other business and as such is legally required to manage its employees performance, behaviour, reward and ongoing employment (or not) in a legal manner?

Is this process and management not utterly irrelevant and beyond question to non-employees?

Are the internal processes of a company required to be available for public investigation and enquiry?

Is a time-limited contract a legally binding agreement that does not require re-signing during its life?

Is a time-limited contract a legally binding agreement that requires BOTH parties agreement to end?

Exactly who is out of contract this year?

Move along, nothing to see here (yet)

In my opinion the OP is a complete over reaction.

The season was only completed a week ago and the Chairman has already said planning is under way. You do not release ongoing discussions. You complete the business plan and then say what you are going to do.

At present we have a First Team Coach, Team Captain and one of our brightest prospects splashed all over the media. What does the club do? Tell us they are staying no matter what and kill off their ambition to better themselves. We all know contracts are worthless in football.

It appears the Under 18 coaches are being released from their contracts. Is that not the start of the planning? Is it compensation negotiations are underway delaying the release.

Are we going to alert every club as to our targets for strengthening the team?

I seem to recall some on here complaining that Norwich last season did their business early and snapped up some good players! Need I say more.

Sit back, relax and see what unfolds over the next two months. We cannot influence what, where or when during that time.

All well-and-good, R, but if this is really the case, why not postpone the sackings or their disclosure until there are a number of developments (including good) to reveal ?

The club will only have themselves to blame if more fans start thinking like me.

“'Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, whe were underneath it?' 'Supposing it didn't,' said Pooh. After careful thought Piglet was comforted by this.

Well, at least this thread has made me laugh. The only problem is, although I've been told there is a physical resemblance I can't see the OP being comforted. Nothing will persuade him of the rightness of his own views, and he never admits to being wrong, in spite of many such occurences..

All well-and-good, R, but if this is really the case, why not postpone the sackings or their disclosure until there are a number of developments (including good) to reveal ?

The club will only have themselves to blame if more fans start thinking like me.

Because the running of SFC Ltd as a BUSINESS is independent to the playing of football. If the two departees have been fired rather than 'retired'/'released' then a) the action will have had to happen immediately (like walked off the premises possibly) and b) the reasons why will certainly not be broadcast.

Amuses me that you actually believe you really are that important to think the SFC Ltd is concerned as to your opinion of their business.

In fairness, your switch from smugly dropping "I'm in the know, me" hints to self righteous indignant "how dare you question me" fury within ten minutes yesterday on the Lallana thread was one of the funniest things on here this week.

So don't put yourself down, you are serving up the LOLs and no mistake.

Seek counselling fella - your WUM routine will not work on me - I'm much too laid back to concern myself about how you 'clever people' view the seriousness of an internet forum.

Amuses me that you actually believe you really are that important to think the SFC Ltd is concerned as to your opinion of their business.

That bit you've mentioned really interests me. Surely if that were true, then all the money spent on marketing and advertising in all it's various forms (dare I mention the #itshappening campaign?!) is a waste of time and money. I'd suggest the club is arguably more concerned now with how it's viewed by the fan-base than when Cortese was here. The press seem to be doing a great job of providing much negative PR for the club at the moment and this latest story just adds to the impression the wheels are wobbling a bit.

That bit you've mentioned really interests me. Surely if that were true, then all the money spent on marketing and advertising in all it's various forms (dare I mention the #itshappening campaign?!) is a waste of time and money. I'd suggest the club is arguably more concerned now with how it's viewed by the fan-base than when Cortese was here. The press seem to be doing a great job of providing much negative PR for the club at the moment and this latest story just adds to the impression the wheels are wobbling a bit.

Being concerned with how the club looks during routine stuff is one thing... consulting with fans on things that affect them, respecting our wishes perhaps on kit or food and drink, ticket prices and other things etc.

But this is an internal issue between and employer and employees and there is no way of making any such thing 'look good' when it needs to be done. It's just part of the job that unfortunately needs doing. The fact it is all taking place behind closed doors, and with due regard to whatever legal considerations there might be, means the club are simply doing it the CORRECT way at the moment, and some fans need to recognise this. We have no right to demand information about every aspect of the business, and some of it should be done in private until such time as details can be released.

In my opinion the OP is a complete over reaction.

The season was only completed a week ago and the Chairman has already said planning is under way. You do not release ongoing discussions. You complete the business plan and then say what you are going to do.

At present we have a First Team Coach, Team Captain and one of our brightest prospects splashed all over the media. What does the club do? Tell us they are staying no matter what and kill off their ambition to better themselves. We all know contracts are worthless in football.

It appears the Under 18 coaches are being released from their contracts. Is that not the start of the planning? Is it compensation negotiations are underway delaying the release.

Are we going to alert every club as to our targets for strengthening the team?

I seem to recall some on here complaining that Norwich last season did their business early and snapped up some good players! Need I say more.

Sit back, relax and see what unfolds over the next two months. We cannot influence what, where or when during that time.

Good post. I'll still be pretty nervous until something concrete gets sorted on all of these issues though.

That isn't true. It hasn't been made public, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. The CEO of Veho has seen the new kit.

Does this even matter?

Are we worried that we won't have a kit to play in? Really...?

Are we worried that the club will not have a kit to sell to fans, given their previous statements re: commercial opportunities. Really...?

There will be a kit, it will divide opinion as usual, and too many of us will part with our hard earned cash to buy it... Like every other year for as long as we can remember...

I am quietly confident that we will have a team good enough to stay in the premier league, but have no doubts that we will be scrapping it out in the lower third of the league as we usually have done over the years.

'No doubts'? How confident.

Based on us finishing eighth, with a gap over the teams below us, and no changes yet to the squad or management?

I guess other clubs like Newcastle, Aston Villa, Stoke, Swansea, Palace etc. are all going to mobilise their vast financial resources and overtake us, losing no players in the process and only strengthening, with none of the poor buys we tend to make. Impressive. I wonder why these clubs did not do that in the season just gone...?