Defectors Watch

adrian lord

There is a certain enjoyment knowing Gerrard's career in England would end at Stoke and not at Wembley

Why? I don't want them to win the cup but Gerrard has been a great player for Liverpool and England. He's past his beat now but been a top pro during his career. Not sure why people would take delight in such a thing.

Why? I don't want them to win the cup but Gerrard has been a great player for Liverpool and England. He's past his beat now but been a top pro during his career. Not sure why people would take delight in such a thing.

I think some people think he tapped up Lallana and Lambert when they were on England duty.

I think some people think he tapped up Lallana and Lambert when they were on England duty.

They could have both said no. Even if he did he wasn't why they joined Liverpool. There is a long haul between asking someone if they'd be interested in a job at your company and actually being offered it. Bit pathetic being so bitter about it all.

Because he's a complete ****. His badge kissing nonsense is just as vomit inducing as Lallana's when you consider his transfer request to try and force a move to Chelsea, not to mention his numerous links to various gangsters in Liverpool, one of whom he even defended in court

He's a ******

People who believe the idea of playing for Liverpool had never occurred to Lambert before he met Gerrard.

I don't have a problem with Gerrard personally but I can live without the endless Scouse folklore which will come with it. Probably win Sports Personality of the Year etc.

This. In his time Gerrard has been a top pro. Liverpool are improving week on week (last year they were very strong in the second half of the season as well). They have a great chance of winning the cup and will no doubt finish higher than us.

Glad they went through, more games they have to play the better for us (although would have been funny to see them lose). Bolton could have been 3-0 up if they'd taken their chances. Liverpool looked average, playing like that they'd probably lose 9 times out of 10 lol

just read through that.....F##k me he is one huge c##t

when he came we were leaking goals, Shaw and Lallana wern't playing, Ron got to take over a winning team, had to start from zero. Argghhh. And considering spurs finished above us in the league last season. what a bellend!

makes me hate him even more now

Southampton had a ready-made team when Ronald Koeman took over, claims Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino: 'I had to start from zero at White Hart Lane'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2940440/Southampton-ready-team-Ronald-Koeman-took-claims-Tottenham-boss-Mauricio-Pochettino.html

oh brother.

Getting the excuses in early.

He comes out with some rubbish

He certainly has a high opinion of himself. Move over Koeman our success this season is all down to Senor P.

RK took over a winning team? Does he mean the team that lost 5 players in the Summer and was tipped for relegation? That would be the same "winning team" that finished below his new club and got beat by them twice.

Southampton had a ready-made team when Ronald Koeman took over, claims Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino: 'I had to start from zero at White Hart Lane'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2940440/Southampton-ready-team-Ronald-Koeman-took-claims-Tottenham-boss-Mauricio-Pochettino.html

oh brother.

:lol::lol::lol: F****g hell, that whole interview is a load of s****e.

oh brother.

Well, maybe he did start from zero at Spurs, but Koeman started on minus five at Saints.

oh brother.

He is quoted as saying:

'It was a team with a lot of problems, with players like Adam Lallana who wasn’t playing and Luke Shaw who wasn’t playing but in one and a half years we turned it round.

"We brought a lot of young players through and finished eighth. It is always easier taking over a winning team which is the case this time with Ronald [Koeman]. We came here and had to reinvent things. We always laugh about it because we left a team at Southampton that practically trained itself after a year and a half to come here where we had to recreate everything that we had done at Southampton, pretty much from zero, but it’s a great challenge."

This has to be one of the most bizarre bunch of claims I have ever read. Didn't Tottenham finish 2 spots and 13 points ahead of Southampton last year? Does that mean that Sherwood was doing more last year with zero than MP is doing this year?

And we didn't invest 80 million euros last summer. We net disinvested nearly 30 million pounds.

I am pretty sure Lallana was playing whenever he was not injured--he was the captain after all and played in 30 league games. Shaw took the left back job from Fox in November and played from then on except when he was injured--playing 25 league games.

Actually, I have to admit this quote is basically correct:

"They are powerful clubs and you have United with the monstrous amount of money they spent last summer. We are going to try to compete against them because we are winners and everything is possible in football but the financial reality is that we are a long way from them."

Edited by Redslo

He is quoted as saying:

'It was a team with a lot of problems, with players like Adam Lallana who wasn’t playing and Luke Shaw who wasn’t playing but in one and a half years we turned it round.

"We brought a lot of young players through and finished eighth. It is always easier taking over a winning team which is the case this time with Ronald [Koeman]. We came here and had to reinvent things. We always laugh about it because we left a team at Southampton that practically trained itself after a year and a half to come here where we had to recreate everything that we had done at Southampton, pretty much from zero, but it’s a great challenge."

This has to be one of the most bizarre bunch of claims I have ever read. Didn't Tottenham finish 2 spots and 13 points ahead of Southampton last year? Does that mean that Sherwood was doing more last year with zero than MP is doing this year?

And we didn't invest 80 million euros last summer. We net disinvested nearly 30 million pounds.

I am pretty sure Lallana was playing whenever he was not injured--he was the captain after all and played in 30 league games. Shaw took the left back job from Fox in November and played from then on except when he was injured--playing 25 league games.

didnt koeman say something about how he was almost in tears when he took his first training session? the team were running around a lot, but all over the place. with no obvious idea or set up

He is quoted as saying:

Actually, I have to admit this quote is basically correct:

"They are powerful clubs and you have United with the monstrous amount of money they spent last summer. We are going to try to compete against them because we are winners and everything is possible in football but the financial reality is that we are a long way from them."

He's only had good words for us since he left but that right there is unadulterated crap. Sounds like he's taking credit for Lallana and Shaw's development and the money we got (crap) and belittling Ronald's acheivements (crap). Super knobbish statement that stinks of sour grapes.

Wonder why he has come out with this. Do you think Levy said why aren't Spurs in SFC's position (albeit not very far behind) and that he has been lucky with something like 5 last minute victories? Or is it just because of the derby coming up that crap gets spouted?

didnt koeman say something about how he was almost in tears when he took his first training session? the team were running around a lot, but all over the place. with no obvious idea or set up

He did, but there were several first-team absentees away on WC duty.

He's only had good words for us since he left but that right there is unadulterated crap. Sounds like he's taking credit for Lallana and Shaw's development and the money we got (crap) and belittling Ronald's acheivements (crap). Super knobbish statement that stinks of sour grapes.

thats true aswell. I often thought for a guy that was at our club for something like 16 months, he took a hell of a lot of credit for our youth players and academy

Some real Redknapp-esque attempts at rewriting history there by Poch, the snivelling *****.

"Lallana who wasn't playing" - that'll be the injury he sustained 40 minutes into a game against Reading 5 weeks prior to your arrival :facepalm:

"Shaw who wasn't playing" - except for starting ALL of the THIRTEEN games prior to your arrival :facepalm:

"When we came here we had to recreate everything from zero" - with a squad that cost £200m. Bravo.

Some real Redknapp-esque attempts at rewriting history there by Poch, the snivelling *****.

"Lallana who wasn't playing" - that'll be the injury he sustained 40 minutes into a game against Reading 5 weeks prior to your arrival :facepalm:

"Shaw who wasn't playing" - except for starting ALL of the THIRTEEN games prior to your arrival :facepalm:

"When we came here we had to recreate everything from zero" - with a squad that cost £200m. Bravo.

That's what it reminded me of a bit. Strange, as Spurs are now playing well and MP is a good coach, no need for all that bulls**t.

Well done Matt for putting the egotistical lying pratt in his place. Seldom have I heard such rubbish from an ex-manager re-writing history about his stay here in a vane attempt to excuse the fact that we are above his team on merit. I don't know who he is trying to impress with this garbage, but it certainly doesn't wash with anybody who knows their stuff as far as we're concerned.

The truth is that Koeman took over a team that had been decimated by 5 top players leaving, he replaced them and got them playing well immediately and took us up a level in the process. Pochettino with Spurs inherited a team already comprising several top players brought in with the proceeds of the mega-bucks sale of Bale and he cannot get them firing properly. Luckily for him, he inherited a decent young player in Kane who has hit devastating form, and another player in Eriksen who also is bang on form. Without the two of them, Spurs would be struggling to be in the top 10.

The reality is that anybody in English football could have told him before he left us that Spurs is the poison chalice, in that their fans have expectations of at least a top four position. The fact that we occupy that position since he left instead of his team rankles with him so much, that he has to try and justify our success as being largely down to him, whilst simultaneously telling everybody how much difficulty he has faced at Spurs.

You're just making yourself look a pratt, Poch.

Matt ‏@majdeano85

@mattletiss7 Poch is a decent chap, Matt. I expect he's been misquoted or mistranslated. He is always very complimentary about people.

Matt Le Tissier ‏@mattletiss7

@majdeano85 no hes not. I know how he behaved when he left saints.

Perhaps we should slag off Channon for tapping up Keegan when they used to room together for England then? Anyone would think players have no minds of their own (or agents).