Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Funny how every man and his dog (including some/many Saints supporters) thought that we were relegation favourites, save obviously for MP who thought we had a winning team.

But damn, I want Matt to spill the beans about what went on when MP left. If MP is going to give **** interviews like this and be as about as disingenuous as it is possible to be, then it's fair game as to others letting the world know what went on.

Matt ‏@majdeano85

@mattletiss7 Poch is a decent chap, Matt. I expect he's been misquoted or mistranslated. He is always very complimentary about people.

Matt Le Tissier ‏@mattletiss7

@majdeano85 no hes not. I know how he behaved when he left saints.

Just having a look through Le Tiss' twitter, amusing to see that so many Spurs fans think they're now experts on Saints.

If anyone took over a well performing team that were on a high then it was Poch. Adkins had done all of the hard work (after Pardew had started it off) and got the success and teams spirit in place. Poch walked into a team that had just drawn away at Chelsea and were well and truly on the up.

Now he's taken over a team that finished 6:th last season. #PlonkerPoch

Well done Matt for putting the egotistical lying pratt in his place. Seldom have I heard such rubbish from an ex-manager re-writing history about his stay here in a vane attempt to excuse the fact that we are above his team on merit. I don't know who he is trying to impress with this garbage, but it certainly doesn't wash with anybody who knows their stuff as far as we're concerned.

The truth is that Koeman took over a team that had been decimated by 5 top players leaving, he replaced them and got them playing well immediately and took us up a level in the process. Pochettino with Spurs inherited a team already comprising several top players brought in with the proceeds of the mega-bucks sale of Bale and he cannot get them firing properly. Luckily for him, he inherited a decent young player in Kane who has hit devastating form, and another player in Eriksen who also is bang on form. Without the two of them, Spurs would be struggling to be in the top 10.

The reality is that anybody in English football could have told him before he left us that Spurs is the poison chalice, in that their fans have expectations of at least a top four position. The fact that we occupy that position since he left instead of his team rankles with him so much, that he has to try and justify our success as being largely down to him, whilst simultaneously telling everybody how much difficulty he has faced at Spurs.

You're just making yourself look a pratt, Poch.

Don't forget Lloris. Those three seem to be virtually the entire team.

None of the five players we sold millions started to day and it is very likely none will come off the bench and SFC are 3rd

AL is injured so that's a bit harsh as he is a regular starter these days. He is a good player, but no way Brenda could leave £50m ex Saints out of the starting XI if all fit - would mean he has no idea what he is doing re: transfers

In their last ten victories, Spurs have won 2-1 eight times. Couldn't be bothered to count how many of those included a goal in the last 5 minutes.

I'm feeling a sad f*ck, so here goes:

The number of time Spurs have this season, scored an equaliser or winning goal after the 80th minute.

West Ham (winner on 93rd minute, Dier)

Aston Villa (winner on 90th minute, equaliser on 84th minute (Kane, Chadli)

Hulll (winner on 90th minute, Eriksen)

Swansea (winner on 89th minute, Eriksen)

Sunderland (winner on 88th minute, Eriksen)

Arsenal (winner on 85th minute, Kane)

League Cup:

Nottingham Forest (winning goals scored on 83rd and 90th minutes, Soldado, Kane)

Sheffield United (winning goal on aggregate on 88th minute, Eriksen)

Feck me, that's 6 times in the Prem they've got a late winner! That's an extra 12 points they've got technically!

AL is injured so that's a bit harsh as he is a regular starter these days. He is a good player, but no way Brenda could leave £50m ex Saints out of the starting XI if all fit - would mean he has no idea what he is doing re: transfers

what's wrong with him ? hope he's back for Saints been looking forward to booing him and saying mean words in his direction

The fact is that none of the five players we sold for millions started to day and SFC are 3rd

Lallana has only played the full 90mins in 9 games this season. A f*cking awful waste of £25mill.

Lallana has only played the full 90mins in 9 games this season. A f*cking awful waste of £25mill.

He's done 1061 minutes in the PL. Lovren has done (surprisngly) 1219. I was going to say that he was better value than Lovren, but the amount they have played might suggest otherwise. Lovren has played 44 minutes in the PL since Xmas.

Basically they are both really poor value, but do think AL is somewhat a better prospect than DL and has a future at LFC. Whether Lovren does is another matter.

He's done 1061 minutes in the PL. Lovren has done (surprisngly) 1219. I was going to say that he was better value than Lovren, but the amount they have played might suggest otherwise. Lovren has played 44 minutes in the PL since Xmas.

Basically they are both really poor value, but do think AL is somewhat a better prospect than DL and has a future at LFC. Whether Lovren does is another matter.

Lovren isn't playing because his head has already moved on to somewhere else and his body hasn't figured out where yet.

I'm feeling a sad f*ck, so here goes:

The number of time Spurs have this season, scored an equaliser or winning goal after the 80th minute.

West Ham (winner on 93rd minute, Dier)

Aston Villa (winner on 90th minute, equaliser on 84th minute (Kane, Chadli)

Hulll (winner on 90th minute, Eriksen)

Swansea (winner on 89th minute, Eriksen)

Sunderland (winner on 88th minute, Eriksen)

Arsenal (winner on 85th minute, Kane)

League Cup:

Nottingham Forest (winning goals scored on 83rd and 90th minutes, Soldado, Kane)

Sheffield United (winning goal on aggregate on 88th minute, Eriksen)

Feck me, that's 6 times in the Prem they've got a late winner! That's an extra 12 points they've got technically!

I'm pretty sure at least 2 of those wins were against 10 men, too. I think I recall Villa being 1-0 up before some idiot did something stupid and they promptly conceded 2 goals.

These late winners may be a freakish run of good luck that will end or it may be they are very fit and stand the pace longer, which will continue. Poch does believe in working his players extra hard which they ought to do for the money they get but when Spurs beat us last yeat at WHL and Poch was our manager, they got two late goals. Yes, they must be on a long lucky streak

These late winners may be a freakish run of good luck that will end or it may be they are very fit and stand the pace longer, which will continue. Poch does believe in working his players extra hard which they ought to do for the money they get but when Spurs beat us last yeat at WHL and Poch was our manager, they got two late goals. Yes, they must be on a long lucky streak

They haven't exactly been grinding teams down though, they've just had a special player in Eriksen (and Kane) who can smash one in from 25 yards on a regular basis

Have to say the only defectors I don't like are Lovren and Lallana for the way they went about forcing moves through.

Lambert was a good deal for him so we said thanks for your service.

Chambers/Shaw I think we quite happily made those moves given the money on offer.

Pretty much agree with all of this. The money we got out of those deals has set us up nicely and who knows if we would have had this good a season if we hadn't had all of that upheaval. Having said that I don't want to go through it again this summer.

I'm pretty much over the whole defectors thing now. Watching Lovren not even make the bench has made it easier. If we finish above Liverpool, Spurs and United I'll have let it go completely. It's just football business, and it seems like our club is better run anyway.

Pretty much agree with all of this. The money we got out of those deals has set us up nicely and who knows if we would have had this good a season if we hadn't had all of that upheaval. Having said that I don't want to go through it again this summer.

I'm pretty much over the whole defectors thing now. Watching Lovren not even make the bench has made it easier. If we finish above Liverpool, Spurs and United I'll have let it go completely. It's just football business, and it seems like our club is better run anyway.

Gotta be honest, I preferred it when Lovren was starting every week and gifting the opposition goals and letting Mignolet take the stick for it.

Trouble in paradise at Anfield

Sterling has apparently turned down a huge contract and Rogers has been recorded in saying they wont offer anything higher

It's alright, it's about Ibe now, apparently. ''The next'' sterling, after 1 game.

That lot never fail to make me want to puke.

It's alright, it's about Ibe now, apparently. ''The next'' sterling, after 1 game.

That lot never fail to make me want to puke.

Check out S-Clarke's agitated stomach!

I have had to live with the bastards for 20 years. If you think the odd bit of praising a new player is bad, you should hear my missus' family go on. To be fair to the natives, the penny has dropped for most of them. However, there is still a huge section of their fan base that expects success and cries when they don't get it.

Usually phoning talkSPORT up with South East England accents :(