• Davis, S
    • Schneiderlin
    • Mane
    • Tadic
    • Pelle
    • Long
    • Cork
    • Targett

Three great goals including the one from Charlie Austin I relectantly admit.

A friendly, warm welcome from the Northam stand for HR :)

Slightly nervous play from Saints at times but hey, we won it!

In previous seasons, its one we would easily drawn or lost.

Wanyama as solid as a brick sh**house.

Great atmosphere, everone happy.

We were dominant the first half, when it seemed that QPR were happy to park the bus in an effort to gain the point, we had a few shots on their goal in return for Forster never having to break sweat. QPR had their share of time wasting and cynical falling down and lying prone to run the clock down or break up our momentum. We were well on top, but had nothing to show for it. Coming out for the second half, it did seem as if we tried to step up a gear and incredibly we scored from the other full back with apparently his first ever PL goal. This is becoming the norm, following Cork's first for us and goals this season from our defence and our midfield. It's long overdue that Davis finds the net and he had a couple of chances again today.

Having conceded, QPR realised that they would have to actually try and attack us to get even the point and increasingly we allowed them more space to run at us, and Junior Hoilett in particular was becoming more and more of a menace. Typically though, it was inevitably Charlie Austin, who scored a skillful goal to bring them back level.

But Koeman once more exercised some great tactical awareness in his substitutions, replacing Wanyama and Mane for Cork and Long. Both players replaced had perfprmed well in the first half, but Cork is a good player to bring in to bolster an attacking midfield and Long adds something different in attack, as well as dropping back in defence. Within a instant, Long had won the ball deep in QPR territory out on their right and put over a beautifully flighted ball that Pelle scissor-kicked into the net to give us back the lead. It was a spectacularly skillfull strike, almost a carbon copy of the one that the ertswhile Osvaldo had scored earlier in the week for Inter, pure class. Pelle had been superb throughout with a succession of delicate flicks and subtle close ball work, and good hold up play, a MOTM performance.

Overall, we had chances to have been 4 or 5 ahead, particularly from Long and Tadic, but missed some sitters when clean through on goal or put wide from close range when a more clinical finish was required. It will come, as it is still early days for this team.

Having gone back in front, QPR woke up again and to their credit, they did provide some nervous moments for us. It would have good to have kept the ball and passed it around to frustrate them like we did against Newcastle, but thankfully the defence stood firm.

2nd place still after 6 games and a further point ahead in goal difference. The best start to a season for 30 years or so apparently. Goals coming from all around the team, a solid defence and keeper, a solid and fluid midfield and an exciting striker, Rodriguez still to come back. Koeman's stock is rising rapidly. What a great season this is so far and how glorious it is to prove all the doubters wrong.

Watched this at work on a dodgey stream at work on the Laptop. By the second half everyone was watching from site.

Good win, Pelle's goal if not goal of the Season, definatly goal of the Month.

I was asked by a Chelsea fan how come we time waste so much. I told him we aren't used to winning this much. Then sacked him!!!!

(only in jest)

Still, very much made up. This si the sort of game we would have drawn last year once they equilised.

Suddenly I've stopped missing thingy, and what's-his-name and the young lad that sound like he's half South American Camelid. And not forgetting that over guy, you know the one, lover guy?

And i definatly don't miss the manager, Punch.

Onwards and upwards with Ronald and da boyeeez.

Pelle was absolutely superb second half. Brilliant goal and he was a real leader towards the end of the game.

Mane will cause chaos.

Created loads of chances and Tadic and Long especially were wasteful.

Not saying he didnt play well but it was more clear in this game than Newcastle that Alderweireld is taking one for the team by playing on the left of the defence - some of his left footed passing wasnt brilliant and it shows that those who say it makes no difference which side you play on are wrong.

why was the north carpark closed??? and all the announcements? I saw the police arrested someone. Was following strangely dressed men on the way to the Stadium who looked overly nervous, and the police started following them when we went in from the Northam Road.... So what kicked off, anyone have any info?

Where did 5 minutes come from? The 6 extra for the 1st half was understandable, but 5 at the end of the second????

I think you will find it's because the 4th Official measures the stoppages with a stopwatch whereas we fans are busy watching the game. There were injuries in the second half that probably accounted for most of the 5 minutes.

I think you will find it's because the 4th Official measures the stoppages with a stopwatch whereas we fans are busy watching the game. There were injuries in the second half that probably accounted for most of the 5 minutes.

All timing is determined by the referee who signals to the fourth official how much added time there will be as a minimum.

That was probably one of our most impressive wins. I didn't think QPR played badly, I thought they offered a fair bit during that game - especially in the 2nd half, and we had to dig really, really deep to ground that one out - it showed different ingredients than we've seen in recent weeks, as it's not always about closing out 4-0, or 3-1 wins.

Pelle has come into his own now, leads the line like an expert and is technically stunning with the ball. He's strong, mobile, not too slow either....and causes utter cahos for everyone. I could watch that goal over and over again, because it was a thing of sheer beauty.

As I said after the Arsenal game, Mane is just a bundle of fun. He will frustrate, he will get bums on the edges of seats, he'll bring out 32,000 sighs of anguish during games.....but he'll cause chaos and havoc, it doesn't always come off...but you need players like him in and around the squad so you have an alternative option. I've been impressed with his first 2 games.

Fonte was a leader, everything on the line. Organised, pushed them up, lead by pure example. He is more of a captain than Lallana ever was or ever will be - I was never happy with him being captain if I'm fully honest, seemed a statement thing rather than anything good for the team.

Overall, amazingly 6 wins out of 6.....we've already bettered sequences of form from last season. We have an outstandingly professional, organised and passionate group - with a sprinkling of sheer sparkle in the right areas. The right ingredients for a fair amount of success. Well done Koeman, you're turning into a bit of a genius.

Things go from good to better. The only negative for me was Longs inability to finish. He just doesn't look confident that he will bury a chance when it comes. Other than that, happy days.

Once he gets one, they'll flow. He makes the right moves, gets in the right positions, but seems to scuff his shots at the moment. Probably just a confidence thing.

But you can't fault his work rate, he's putting himself up there and it'll come in the end. He's never really been that prolific anyway, and I don't believe he was signed purely for goals.

I thought we might have peaked after Tuesday's win,

So delighted to see that we are still holding on to 2nd place, playing exciting attractive football and scoring world class goals!

The only thing left to ask for is Long breaking his duck.

This could be the pinnacle of our season, but on the other hand we look like we actually could smash Spurs next week, which would be icing on the cake.

Looking forward to J Rod returning as well :)

After a summer of derision and pity from the press, it's nice to be proving them wrong and respected by all.

Once he gets one, they'll flow. He makes the right moves, gets in the right positions, but seems to scuff his shots at the moment. Probably just a confidence thing.

But you can't fault his work rate, he's putting himself up there and it'll come in the end. He's never really been that prolific anyway, and I don't believe he was signed purely for goals.

My West Brom mate called him an angry wasp and I think that is why we signed him, sure a lot to pay for that type of service but you are right, that is why he has been bought in and once he getsa goal Im sure will get on the en d of many in the box.

We were all saying pretty much exactly the same about J-Rod this time last year.

Pelle looks like a class act. Good hold up play, excellent in the air, seems to be fine with both feet and normally gets chances on target at least.

And todays goal was sheer class. If that was a Man Utd or Chelsea player the pundits would be cuming over the TV cameras.

*cumming (surely?)

In corporates today with 2 Chinese, 2 Scandinavians, 1 Chelsea, 1 Man Utd and 1 QPR + 3 saints stalwarts

Forget the plastic Manc and Chelski who grudgingly enjoyed their day but all other guests were waxing lyrical about the game, the goals, the Saints performance and above all the atmosphere

I had to explain the Harry Redknapp references to out foreign guests and they laughed when it was all explained

A good day all round and more Saints fans in the family

Even the QPR fan thought we were good!!

Pelle was absolutely superb second half. Brilliant goal and he was a real leader towards the end of the game.

Mane will cause chaos.

Created loads of chances and Tadic and Long especially were wasteful.

Not saying he didnt play well but it was more clear in this game than Newcastle that Alderweireld is taking one for the team by playing on the left of the defence - some of his left footed passing wasnt brilliant and it shows that those who say it makes no difference which side you play on are wrong.

Thought Alderweireld struggled -not only his awkward passing but also lost quite a few physical battles. Him and Fonte lack understanding as both were going for the same ball which could have cost us twice towards the end of the game. Hopefully these are just growing pains.

We were all saying pretty much exactly the same about J-Rod this time last year.

Would be surprised: two completely different players at different stages of their careers. Happy to nail my colours to the mast: Long is mediocre at best and nothing more than expensive cover. Will easily go down as our poorest signing of the summer.

Edited by shurlock

when everyone was singing "Dusain Tadic" he had a big smile on his face....

It was a great game, really good atmosphere, one of the best i have seen at St Mary's.

We were all over them at the end, and it was one of our better performances. I had a great time

Harry got a Saints welcome.... from start to finish.. he didn't get out of his seat... he was called a ****** quite a few times....

So for those of us who couldn't make it, how did Harry's reception go? ;)

He's taking you down, he's taking you dowwwwwwwwwwwwn, harry redknapp, he's taking you down

We ******* hate you, we ******* hate youuuuuuuuuu, harry redknapp, we ******* hate you

Should died in the car crash, died in the car crash, you should've died in the car crash (Not for the faint hearted)

Look like a ball bag you ******* look like a ball bag, look like a ball bag.....

harry redknapps got a twitch ei I ei oo

He's taking you down, he's taking you dowwwwwwwwwwwwn, harry redknapp, he's taking you down

We ******* hate you, we ******* hate youuuuuuuuuu, harry redknapp, we ******* hate you

Should died in the car crash, died in the car crash, you should've died in the car crash (Not for the faint hearted)

Look like a ball bag you ******* look like a ball bag, look like a ball bag.....

harry redknapps got a twitch ei I ei oo

The full repertoire then!! (Although I personally don't like the car one, think that's a bit too much, but maybe I'm getting soft)

Was a good game we were clearly the better side although QPR where not nearly as bad as I thought they would be (at least in the second half when our first goal forced them to attack). I felt we were to open after the second goal and went looking for a third which resulted in us giving the ball to QPR to much would have preferred us to be patient and tried to kill the game with possession in the last 10 minutes.

Thought Alderweireld struggled -not only his awkward passing but also lost quite a few physical battles. Him and Fonte lack understanding as both were going for the same ball which could have cost us twice towards the end of the game. Hopefully these are just growing pains.

Agreed, I thought he struggled a bit, Zamora bullied him a bit in the last 20 mins. Not seen enough of either yet, but thought Gardos might have been a better option for this one. Good learning experience for him on what even the weaker teams in the PL can produce.

Agreed, I thought he struggled a bit, Zamora bullied him a bit in the last 20 mins. Not seen enough of either yet, but thought Gardos might have been a better option for this one. Good learning experience for him on what even the weaker teams in the PL can produce.

Also, to those that after one game against a non existing Newcastle attack were saying Toby looked equal to Lovren last season, its a bit of a reality check. Lets not hype anyone too much.

Result flattered QPR, solid performance.

Mane was electric, pellès goal was very impressive and I thought Wanyama was solid.

Only concern would be that Long didn't look confident on the ball, had a couple of moments where he looked like a rabbit in headlights.

On a side note talksport un surprisingly is shocking tonight, stan collymore is ****