Spurs v Saints build up - Judas Part 2

vince

There really are some idiots around. One of the Spuds posters has the handle of ..... .... 88. When I was in University 88 was anathema because it represented the Fascists via HH. Heil Hitler!And we are accused of hissing?

I never got that, just seems like the most tedious link to being vaguely racist. Might as well say 7 is a racist number because G stands for Gestapo. Or 63123 because it stands for fried chicken and watermelon.

Poch claims Southampton are the best team in the Premier League.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2777714/Southampton-currently-best-team-Premier-League-admits-Pochettino-ahead-match-against-old-side.html

We were only 8th best with him in charge :)

Bah, why do I even bother sharing these things with you if you're not going to watch them :)

Interestingly, Pochettino has indirectly handed us the psychological advantage before the game has even started.

He may be attempting to pre-empt the result and is making excuses for himself in advance if they lose, but no Spurs fan will feel that they should lose to us at home.

I hope that he is beginning to realise the level of expectation there. When we lost there last year, there was disappointment, but if they lose on Sunday, there will be anger from many of their fans.

I would absolutely love to stuff Spurs. I went there during our relegation season when we got thrashed and I will never forget those gloating, scummy b@stards as we headed back.

We have a team capable of beating them and some very good players who are bang in form. I think it may come down to who wants it most.

Poch claims Southampton are the best team in the Premier League.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2777714/Southampton-currently-best-team-Premier-League-admits-Pochettino-ahead-match-against-old-side.html

We were only 8th best with him in charge :)

Hah that old tactic setting himself up so if he loses it's not his fault because we're so good and if he wins he is a ****ing footballing genius........

I was expected him to rest them all. He always does. Thats why the Europa League is an absolute waste of space and hopefully we won't qualify for it.

And what wait for Champions League!? You do realise that we've only won one trophy of note and had only a handful of European away days. The idea of a European tour sounds fantastic to me, and having a manager who'll go for it shows ambition.

Cause i'm pretty damn sure our best players aren't going to hang around on the off chance that we can break into the rich elite so they can get European football!

What were you expecting? Poch said himself he is up against the best side in the PL next he will need his best team on Sunday :lol:

Anyway his best team is probably half of Saturday's team and half of tonight's. Some of them didn't look great on Saturday. I mean Mason instead of Dembelé or Paulinho isn't very logical.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Well, they have rested their starting XI aside from Lloris tonight so Europa League won't influence the score.

He did in their last Europa game and they still ****ed up at home to the Baggies a few days later.

Confident we can get something here. Certainly a point, but hopefully all three. To win here and go into the international break with 8 points on the NLY's would be cracking stuff. They feel the pressure at home and will expect to win against us, which, hopefully, will be in our favour.

Only an absolute wally like you can take that view.

Its a pointless competition in the current format.

Would be great if they revised the format and put it on a Tuesday or Wednesday but as it is most teams work hard to qualify for it and then never pick their best team in it, whilst also doing worse in the PL.

Doesnt seem overly attractive unless you get through the mountain of games and get to the latter stages.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Would be great if they revised the format and put it on a Tuesday or Wednesday but as it is most teams work hard to qualify for it and then never pick their best team in it, whilst also doing worse in the PL.

Doesnt seem overly attractive unless you get through the mountain of games and get to the latter stages.

Yeah, Thursday seems to be the problem with it.

Yeah, Thursday seems to be the problem with it.

It is. Plus most of the teams in it don't have CL depth squads and arent guarenteed good league finishes like the top 4/6 nearly always are so they never pick strong sides.

Hull even rested players in their qualifier before the season had even started.

Obviously its hardly a disaster to qualify, but I really wouldnt be bothered about it and it we wouldnt pick our best players for it.

Looking at Spurs attendance tonight, the fans don't even seem to bothered about it. It's kind of like a European Carling Cup, and Thursdays is hoenstly the only day it can be played. Uefa aren't going to allow it to be played during the same time as their 'flagship' UCL games.

I don't think you even get much money for winning, although I do believe the winner now gets a champions league place for next season - which is better than it was.

Overall, I wouldn't say no. It's a good crack, some mental European away nights which can be priceless, but you need a big squad to be able to handle it - otherwise your league form will simply fall through the floor, but the catch 22 is that the competition doesn't provide enough financial incentive for teams to build big enough squads. The sides who generally do well are the sides who inadvertently missed out on the UCL qualification.