Clyne and Forster called up for England

Batman

The longer roy is in charge the more I turn off from England

He is anything but interesting. His team selections are completely predictable and safe

His love for squad players from the top 6 is hilarious

Ironically, the best England sides in the last 25 years (90 + 96) had players from all many different sides in the squads

He is anything but interesting. His team selections are completely predictable and safe

Ironically, the best England sides in the last 25 years (90 + 96) had players from all many different sides in the squads

The worst thing is I was quite excited by him taking charge and thought he would do things a bit differently. It's been a real disappointment.

The worst thing is I was quite excited by him taking charge and thought he would do things a bit differently. It's been a real disappointment.

Agree with that.

But I think due to where he has come from, the way he is going about it, makes it even worse.....

When I hear his press conferences on the radio or SSN. He makes me want to punch the wall.

This, 100%

Where was this thread last season? Or should I say the anti Woy comments? Speaking to a saints fan last week who claimed Lallana was never really any good, had one good season and even then....... :lol:

This is just typical of a lot of our fans at the moment. Jesus, I'd Lalanna back (on playing ability for us) at the drop of a hat.

Edited by Noodles34

Where was this thread last season? Or should I say the anti Woy comments? Speaking to a saints fan last week who claimed Lallana was never really any good, had one good season and even then....... :lol:

This is just typical of a lot of our fans at the moment. Jesus, I'd Lalanna back (on playing ability for us) at the drop of a hat.

People say it as they see it

There was a bit of optimism going into the World Cup

Things change as do opinions

Last year Saints fans, me included were proud of our players being called up for England, we actually felt that roy was going to give players not in the top 6 a chance. What we didn't think would happen was he would give them an insight to England then make it clear they wouldn't actually play or feel part of the squad unless they played for one of these clubs.

As far as I'm concerned England is a busted flush until players are played because of their form and not because they are good marketing for the fa. The England manager shouldn't even be allowed in st. Mary's as it gives us no benefit as we all know it will follow the same format. Player picked, player 'advised' to move to big club, player agitates for move, player gone.

So like me I'm sure some foolishly believed being picked from England was a good thing. Not any more

People say it as they see it

There was a bit of optimism going into the World Cup

Things change as do opinions

There was actually an amount of philosophical pessimism going into the world cup but nobody foresaw just how bad we would be. Hodgson should have been replaced then!

There was actually an amount of philosophical pessimism going into the world cup but nobody foresaw just how bad we would be. Hodgson should have been replaced then!

I think the optimism I mentioned was that we would go out and play with a bit of freedom as there was almost zero expectation

A good example of that is Chambers. Here is a guy who played a few times for the Under-19s, jumped straight over the Under-21s and went into the first team. That is a great pat on the back for our development system.

I can't believe Woy said that. What in gods earth is up with him? He cannot see the wood from the trees to save his life, stop waffling and tell it as it is. If he was still here this year, he'd be in the U21's.

And I think you'll find that it was Southampton who developed him, not the England FA ****ty setup.

A good example of that is Chambers. Here is a guy who played a few times for the Under-19s, jumped straight over the Under-21s and went into the first team. That is a great pat on the back for our development system.

I can't believe Woy said that. What in gods earth is up with him? He cannot see the wood from the trees to save his life, stop waffling and tell it as it is. If he was still here this year, he'd be in the U21's.

And I think you'll find that it was Southampton who developed him, not the England FA ****ty setup.

Someone outside of the top 4-/5 will have to perform for at least a whole season before getting even considered

Delph has been good for villa for a long time. Clyne, likewise for us. Curtis Davis not even a chance.

Roy is a terrible manager

Someone outside of the top 4-/5 will have to perform for at least a whole season before getting even considered

Delph has been good for villa for a long time. Clyne, likewise for us. Curtis Davis not even a chance.

Roy is a terrible manager

It's not just Roy, it's the entire FA setup. Corrupt from the top down.

Sadly, we will win this group with maybe 1 good performance. All along the way, people will defend roy saying "what do you expect"

I fear for the Scotland game next month

wGS has a group of players, way less talented working well. Their performance away to Germany was excellent

WTF? Did he really say that? He is even more of a twonk than I already thought.

Noodles is true with the "Where was this thread last season? Or should I say the anti Woy comments" At that time it looked like he was heading for a refreshing change of tact, and selecting players on merit for current form, and not for who they play for. But come World Cup time, even though technically SRL was an LFC player,(he obviously hadnt had any benefit of LFC coaching skills by then), he got a few minutes in games where we needed to score goals, yet we got like for like midfield changes each game. To be honest I've tried to blank out the WC matches so I can't remember if Shaw or Judas AL got any starts.

And with the "We understand that competition for places at the top clubs is very high and it might be easier for some players to show their worth with England rather than their clubs.” quote shows just how far up the arses of the Big Teams he is , its unbelievable. Doing it week in week out AGAINST those very players who keeping potential England players out of their club team counts for nothing. WAC he is.

Next time he wants to roll into town and watch us at SMS, I'd (adopts Kevin Keegan mood of outrage) I'd love it, really love it, if the club said only a few tickets are available in the Itchen stand .... can we have your Credit Card details please.

Edited by ericofarabia

Its not corruption. It is concious/sub-concious lazy small mindedness.

Bloody poor regardless, Hodgson is a very poor, uninspiring figure head for the national team.

Ridiculous that there has been recent discussion regarding the "Rooney Rule" coming in to English football, but the real concern should be the real lack of English Managers getting the opportunity or performing in the English game currently. There is no competition or threat to someone like Hodgson.

That is a terrible quote, utterly clueless from Hodgson.

It's pathetic and I can only think he's using Chambers as he wants Chambers to see at first hand the style of play he wants for the future. Chambers was captain of the under 19's, so maybe they plan that role for him in the under 21's.

I really feel for Nathaniel Clyne and hope everyone at the club give him a special welcome next weekend. I hope also another type of welcome is reserved for Hodgson next time he shows up.

He plays for Arsenal, and Arsenal are better than Southampton, therefore Chambers > Clyne.

I sometimes think that this really is the logic behind the selection process.

I don't 'sometimes think' this I 'always know' it. Ever since the days of Beattie being continuously overlooked by goal shy Heskey.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Chambers being overlooked for the whole of last season, then going straight into the England team the moment he signs for Arsenal is just a coincidence.

last fridays " Wembley show " was just a PR exercise in choosing as many London-based players as possible...... in a vain attempt to fill the empty seats in our extremely overpriced national stadium.....

had absolutely nothing to do with choosing the " best side " and in the vain hope that RH can silence his critics and choose players like Forster and Clyne, and then prattle on about tough competition for places.

The only way they'll get a game now is if someone is seriously injured ....Shame on you Woy..if we lose ....I'll love listening to the excuses.....

I don't 'sometimes think' this I 'always know' it. Ever since the days of Beattie being continuously overlooked by goal shy Heskey.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Chambers being overlooked for the whole of last season, then going straight into the England team the moment he signs for Arsenal is just a coincidence.

..that makes two of us then.......

last fridays " Wembley show " was just a PR exercise in choosing as many London-based players as possible...... in a vain attempt to fill the empty seats in our extremely overpriced national stadium.....

You've completely lost me now, what show was put on at Wembley on Friday? Press conference? Not sure what that has to do with selling tickets, home games are fairly cheap and hardly anyone there supports the big London clubs.

had absolutely nothing to do with choosing the " best side " and in the vain hope that RH can silence his critics and choose players like Forster and Clyne, and then prattle on about tough competition for places.

The only way they'll get a game now is if someone is seriously injured ....Shame on you Woy..if we lose ....I'll love listening to the excuses.....

Eh? Only 7 of the 21 man squad came from London clubs.