Clyne and Forster called up for England

Batman

Brilliant news. Is there anyone else from our squad who could yet get picked for these internationals? Did Fonte and Pelle get their call up in the end?

Well Morgan will no doubt be named in the French squad at 1 your time, don't know when Italy and Portugal announce their groups, today or tomorrow I suppose.

Well deserved.

Funny that Chambers and Shaw could only make the U21s. Also glad to see Jonjo Shelvey given a shot.

Chambers and Shaw have been specifically picked for the U21s as it's a play-off game and given the comments from both Hodgson and Southgate, I would expect both to start.

Good news for Clyne, well deserved. It was likely to be bad news for Saints either way so better he gets the chance. At least this way his value will hopefully increase for his liverpool transfer next summer.

Odd that Chambers and Shaw are both in the u21's. I presume Saints fan Roy is making the point that you leave Saints at your peril. ;)

Long overdue.

How the hell is Townsend in that squad? Seriously. Embarassing.

And where have English strikers gone?! Surely we need to give someone a chance? Maybe Austin? Think he could do alright, or Ings if he gets back and scores a few. Can't keep relying on Rooney who doesn't perform for England and lambert who now rarely plays football.

Rodgers moaned until Sturridge was out of contention despite probably being fit.

JRod must be laughing and crying. Crying that he's out injured at a time when he would've been in the squad, but laughing that it'll be so easy to get back into it because of the dearth of other English forwards.

Anyway, well done Nathaniel - thoroughly deserved. Couldn't give a **** about the worries about our players leaving. I want to see current Saints players do well for club and country and what will be will be. Enjoy it while we are getting recognition.

Well Morgan will no doubt be named in the French squad at 1 your time, don't know when Italy and Portugal announce their groups, today or tomorrow I suppose.

Conte names the Italian squad on Saturday evening and the Portugal squad is named on Friday. I would love it if they both got called up, especially Jose!

Conte names the Italian squad on Saturday evening and the Portugal squad is named on Friday. I would love it if they both got called up, especially Jose!

Would be good although it would leave just Bertrand out of what I'd call the first team as a non-international this time round. Cork as well of course but he seems to be first reserve in MF just now. Still you never know, Sick Note Gibbs might pull out before next week.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Great for clyne to finally be recognised, gibbs gets a call too who has been reasonably steady for a while. Shaw needs to up his game and fulfill his promise he showed when he left here.

Shelvey is a steady player too, more versatile then henderson IMO. Townsend ? Dont get that call up really but who else is there right now ?!

Striking options are week, glad welbeck is showing how good he actually is, much better then the abuse he gets from the morons and Ive said for ages that he is better than the overly greedy sturridge. Lambert is in there because theres no one else.

Its still an incredibly weak squad due to a lack of decent options.

Excellent news. Nearly a season overdue, having begun to think Pearce's shambolic management at the Euros would continue to count against him. Certainly vindicates his decision to move here rather than one of the bigger clubs that were sniffing around at the time (cf. Zaha's situation).

Edited by shurlock

Funny watching Hammers fans whinge as Shelvey > Noble.

Least Shelvey can pick a pass or two.

Think Cork would be in before Noble as well. But might be biased there.

Thought it would of been a good time to blood Berahino as he has looked good the last 12 months.

Great that England will at last have a right back (that can defend) playing at right back.

True, though don't think his defensive performances this season have been as strong as last season. It's his attacking play that has probably caught the eye.

Yeah sod moments like this.

TBF that was a good moment watching him get 5 whole minutes in the world cup, even though England were ****, wasn't much fun though. Frankly I enjoyed watching him score for saints a lot more club before country every time for me I'm afraid

Edited by doddisalegend