Clyne and Forster called up for England

Batman

Cant begrudge Rickie his moce one bit. Why should we? He'd be playing the same role here and probably not in the England squad if he stayed here.

SRL did the biz for us and will always be remembered. But at this point the sale of a 32 year old for £4m and purchase of a 29 year old replacement for £9m in Pelle is looking good.

Cant begrudge Rickie his moce one bit. Why should we? He'd be playing the same role here and probably not in the England squad if he stayed here.
I don't begrudge him his move, but it'll be interesting to see for how much longer he retains his place in the England squad, based on his involvement at Liverpool so far. Guess hes lucky there is such a lack of available forwards at the moment.

I don't begrudge him his move, but it'll be interesting to see for how much longer he retains his place in the England squad, based on his involvement at Liverpool so far. Guess hes lucky there is such a lack of available forwards at the moment.

Does he really need to have a lot of game time for Liverpool in order to play for England, when his role for Liverpool and England are similar? He is Rodgers and Hodgson's plan B in the 80th minute if they need a goal.

Does he really need to have a lot of game time for Liverpool in order to play for England, when his role for Liverpool and England are similar? He is Rodgers and Hodgson's plan B in the 80th minute if they need a goal.

So funny it's sad.

He doesn't need "a lot of game time", but he will need some and at least a couple of goals at some point. As I stated, he's lucky at the moment, there is so little competition for the forward places, could well be different if Andy Carroll was fit and playing.

He already was?

If he was playing 10 mins a week for Saints you reckon he'd still be getting the regular England call ups? I don't.

I buzz every time I see Rickie come off the bench for England because I know how much it means to him and also the reason he is there is down to what he did at Saints.

I notice that John Stones was carried off in the Everton game at the weekend......one less "opponent" for Clyne to overcome.

...and surely a chance for Fraser Forster, too.....if he mucks up against that friendly opposition, he'll have no chance of ever getting Hart's place.

Edited by david in sweden

I notice that John Stones was carried off in the Everton game at the weekend......one less "opponent" for Clyne to overcome.

And was immediately replaced by Chambers, who is arguably harder to overcome than Stones would have been. Still think Clyne will start though

This is exactly the reason why International breaks really bug me, just a complete and utter waste of time. The slightest bit of interest and he's even overlooked for an Arsenal squad player - he was a standby member in the first place for christ sake.

Roll on Sunderland at home, enough of this international crap already.

Very disappointing.

The sad thing from our perspective is that Clyne will understandably think that playing for a "big" club is the best way to get selected.

Or, as it seems, warming the bench or breathing the same air as other players at big teams.

Well I'm pleased I would be gutted if any of our players picked up an injury playing for England, especially Clyne (whose our RB cover?) the big boys might have the squad for it saints don't.

Alderweireld.

Oh, and Hodgson out. Chambers wasn't even picked in the original squad FFS. I was really looking forward to seeing Clyne from the start tonight. FFS.

Alderweireld.

Oh, and Hodgson out. Chambers wasn't even picked in the original squad FFS. I was really looking forward to seeing Clyne from the start tonight. FFS.

Which probably means that Hodgson intended to start Stones at RB anyway, Clyne is just there for the ride. Keep telling you all, if you're not playing in Europe you are nobody.