January 2015 HCDAJFU

Lighthouse

Why would that be good? Rodriguez was fantastic but relied on running at people and being fairly athletic, there's no chance he'll be as good when he comes back and probably won't sign a new contract. He was easily my favourite striker in years but he's had a career wrecker imo. If we could get 20mill for him still I'd bite Spurs hand off, you can't miss what we haven't had for a year or so anyway.

You've made a claim he won't be as good, then claimed he won't sign a new deal. If he isn't going to be as good as he was, who are you expecting him to leave Saints to join?

You've made a claim he won't be as good, then claimed he won't sign a new deal. If he isn't going to be as good as he was, who are you expecting him to leave Saints to join?

Spurs, Pochettino will buy him regardless because he loves him. If not plenty of clubs will be stupid enough to offer him a bigger wage.

Spurs, Pochettino will buy him regardless because he loves him. If not plenty of clubs will be stupid enough to offer him a bigger wage.

Such as...? So far you've named one. You've made a statement there is "no chance" he'll be the player he was, I'm not sure how you can be so confident of that. There aren't many English clubs that could offer Rodriguez a higher level of football and better wages than Saints can.

Could be good if Spurs get Ings, maybe they wouldn't also want Jay Rod?
Can't see them wanting Ings and Rodriquez, but not impossible. I wouldn't be surprised if both Soldado and Adebayor both get moved on in the summer.

Thought Spurs might go after Dzeko, but he might be out of their current range.

Such as...? So far you've named one. You've made a statement there is "no chance" he'll be the player he was, I'm not sure how you can be so confident of that. There aren't many English clubs that could offer Rodriguez a higher level of football and better wages than Saints can.

Sorry for not predicting your future argument you tedious phaggot. You asked a question and I answered, now you're like "but but name 12 more clubs". Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, he might also be interested in going back to Burnley if they stay up rather than sit on our bench.

Sorry for not predicting your future argument you tedious phaggot. You asked a question and I answered, now you're like "but but name 12 more clubs". Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, he might also be interested in going back to Burnley if they stay up rather than sit on our bench.

What makes you so sure he wont make a full recovery?

You excel yourself again sir.

You really are something special

Better go to sleep before mummy ad daddy realise your up

What makes you so sure he wont make a full recovery?
I've no idea if he'll make a full recovery or not, but if Elia performs and impresses, I think it's expected we'll sign him. That will leave us with Mane, Long, Elia - would Rodriguez fit into our squad on top of those three? Would be fantastic options to have if he did, but I can't quite see us carrying all 4. Edited by Sour Mash

MLG made some perfectly reasonable points, but you have had to resort to puerile insults instead of responding civilly. It says a lot about you, but also suggests that maybe these forums aren't for you if you can't control yourself.

Take it you mean over the season? Not up until now?

My personal opinion is they would both probably finish between 15-20 which pelle is well on course for.

I dont think dzeko would crush his total.hence why i think he wouldnt be worth the big wages.

The amount of chances Pellè had he should already have 15, Im pretty confident a more composed striker, of which Dzeko is, would have put many of them away.

The amount of chances Pellè had he should already have 15, Im pretty confident a more composed striker, of which Dzeko is, would have put many of them away.

You're right, he's missed quite few decent chances and at crucial times too. He's a decent player and I maintain what I said at the star of the season that for £8m 15 goals would be a great return, but he could have had that already.

You're right, he's missed quite few decent chances and at crucial times too. He's a decent player and I maintain what I said at the star of the season that for £8m 15 goals would be a great return, but he could have had that already.

Thankfully you didnt say he was excellent, we'd of had Noodles getting his 2005 FA approved player quality chart, MLG would of prayed for things to stop and brett would've made the sarnies

Hes had some rough luck at times as well though,like someone else posted he has probably hit the woodwork more then any player in the league.

In support of Pelle, pretty much every striker misses chances at times.

He scored some cracking goals out of nothing, that most other strikers wouldn't manage.

Dzeko is a better player, but that's not particularly relevant for this thread.

This.

Dzeko's conversion rate isn't particularly good either. And just to play Devils Advocate, Dzeko too is capable of absolute shockers and doesn't show a level of consistency that a player of his talent should. That doesn't mean he isn't good enough for Saints, and he is a better finisher than Pelle, but he isn't that much better in my opinion - or at least, wouldn't be for us. Plus his overall play for the team isn't that good - the sort of things a team like us need perhaps more than Man City who just need their strikers in the right place at the right time more often than not.

In support of Pelle, pretty much every striker misses chances at times.

He scored some cracking goals out of nothing, that most other strikers wouldn't manage.

Dzeko is a better player, but that's not particularly relevant for this thread.

Yah you're right, but there's been a couple of times when he's missed good chances at key times, I'm thinking Man City and arsenal away at 0-0, they go in its a different game. But then that's why he cost £8m not £30m. He's been a great signing and I'm a big fan, sometimes think he just lacks a bit of composure and belief.

Bit of a weird one re: Gaston (from the Sky Sports Transfer Centre)

BOCA TARGET RAMIREZ

An interesting line from Argentina, where Boca Juniors secretary Cesar Martucci has said that the club want to sign Hull City’s Gaston Ramirez.

The Uruguayan is on loan with the Tigers until the end of the season but Boca head coach Rodolfo Arruabarrena is keen to bring him back to South America ahead of the Copa America this summer.

“Arruabarrena has asked us to start negotiations with Hull City for Ramirez because he thinks the player fits perfectly in what he wants for the team,” Martucci told radio station A Todo Boca. “We know that Ramirez wants and needs to be near the national team of Uruguay. We know that negotiations will be very hard, but we are going to do all that is possible to have him playing at Boca.”

BOCA TARGET RAMIREZ

An interesting line from Argentina, where Boca Juniors secretary Cesar Martucci has said that the club want to sign Hull City’s Gaston Ramirez.

The Uruguayan is on loan with the Tigers until the end of the season but Boca head coach Rodolfo Arruabarrena is keen to bring him back to South America ahead of the Copa America this summer.

“Arruabarrena has asked us to start negotiations with Hull City for Ramirez because he thinks the player fits perfectly in what he wants for the team,” Martucci told radio station A Todo Boca. “We know that Ramirez wants and needs to be near the national team of Uruguay. We know that negotiations will be very hard, but we are going to do all that is possible to have him playing at Boca.”

Flog him and buy someone else with the cash.

From now on I think we should label players from F-A+

With Ronaldo being A+

Good idea, let's start with the F's (just on the top of my head, plenty of others): Fourpast, Little Pulis, Davenport, Ali Dia (although maybe D- for comical effect).

We should do this for managers too:

A: McMenemy

A-: WGS

B+: Adkins, Ball

B: Nicholl, Pardew, Pearson, Pochettino

C: Luggy, Glenda

C-: Jones, Burley

D+: Souness, Merrington

F: Gray, Wigley, Wotte, Poortvliet, Branf**t

F-: Saggy

RoKo jury still out, but heading for an A if he can keep this up.

Good idea, let's start with the F's (just on the top of my head, plenty of others): Fourpast, Little Pulis, Davenport, Ali Dia (although maybe D- for comical effect).

A*

Ted Bates, obviously.

Also, Luggy a C? Seriously??

If on ability when with us rather than popularity think some of those off;

Wouldn't have Pearson as high and hoddle was superb for us, in pure ability to improve the team you need him towards top...not much thought but few quick tweeks...

A-: Hoddle

B: WGS, Nicholl, Pardew, Pochettino

C: Pearson,Jones, Burley

Others: Souness, Merrington

Gray, Wigley, Wotte, Poortvliet, Branf**t

BOCA TARGET RAMIREZ

I just posted a blog post about this entitled "Possible Gaston Ramirez Transfer to Boca Juniors May Not Be Possible."

http://www.redsloscf.blogspot.co.uk

http://www.redsloscf.blogspot.com

If on ability when with us rather than popularity think some of those off;

Wouldn't have Pearson as high and hoddle was superb for us, in pure ability to improve the team you need him towards top...not much thought but few quick tweeks...

A-: Hoddle

B: WGS, Nicholl, Pardew, Pochettino

C: Pearson,Jones, Burley

Others: Souness, Merrington

Gray, Wigley, Wotte, Poortvliet, Branf**t

Glenda did have 1.5 points per game, which would normally put him up to A-. But I took marks off for him being incompetent in the transfer market (long term I think he would have failed, just like he did elsewhere), for the Tranmere match, and for being a tit.

A*

Ted Bates, obviously.

Also, Luggy a C? Seriously??

1.23 points per game, including many games where more than half the first team were injured. He did ok with us, and I reckon if he hadn't been ousted 2 games into the relegation season we would have stayed up.

Edited by Dark Munster

Glenda did have 1.5 points per game, which would normally put him up to A-. But I took marks off for him being incompetent in the transfer market (long term I think he would have failed, just like he did elsewhere), for the Tranmere match, and for being a tit.

1.23 points per game, including many games where more than half the first team were injured. He did ok with us, and I reckon if he hadn't been ousted 2 games into the relegation season we would have stayed up.

He would have been abysmal

Is ex-Skate Joel Ward worth a look at in the summer? On a free, can play RB, LB and in central midfield. Has also played centre back a couple of times I think.

Could be useful, especially if we are in the Europa League.

No, he's rubbish.

Pochettino was stupid enough to go after his favourite striker last time with us, maybe we can con him into taking a crocked Jay in part exchange for Kane.

Maybe Jay and Ossie? Osvaldo would be happy enough living in London. Swap deals rarely happen though so meh. I'd rather sign Will Hughes and Dybala.