January 2015 HCDAJFU

Lighthouse

Interesting spot that, I wasn't aware that he was on loan at Ajax. Seen him play for Poland and he didn't look much but didn't realise how young he was. Looks as if Ajax have a purchase option for the summer though so I think if they want him he'll probably end up signing for them. Might need another year or two at that level before making the jump to a Prem side though.

My idol growing up was Matthew le tissier. Can't play like him though.

Ings - Guidetti - Dybala - Tanda - Corona - Gyasi - Garcia - Kruse - Milic - Scamacca - Zarate - Kampl - Schneidge - Muriel - and Elia (of yes, well we did sign him...albeit on loan).

.....but all the others are just a few selected from those named on various sites and in newspaper articles in the last couple of months......and we probably won't sign any of these.

Sometimes I really wonder where journo's get their info. / gossip / from ...or are they all just playing Fantasy Football, like ordinary fans do?

According to the SSN transfer window update thing, we are interested in Bruno Martins Indi, but will probably wait until the summer to try and sign him.

Didn't he move to Porto in the Summer? Would probably make him prohibitively expensive....

According to the SSN transfer window update thing, we are interested in Bruno Martins Indi, but will probably wait until the summer to try and sign him.

He's been linked off and on a few times - Certainly an ideal candidate for a left-sided centre-back spot if we play with 3 at the back.

Yeah - Interesting question. Do we know how long Gallagher is out for?
Koeman has pretty much said we're going for a forward. Undoubtedly, we need another option for Pelle, he needs a rest and we're so reliant on him. Will be interesting to see who we go for and in what sort of price bracket.

Koeman has pretty much said we're going for a forward. Undoubtedly, we need another option for Pelle, he needs a rest and we're so reliant on him. Will be interesting to see who we go for and in what sort of price bracket.

As Billy Sh*te said on here yesterday, I'd have Rickie back on loan in a heartbeat.

As Billy Sh*te said on here yesterday, I'd have Rickie back on loan in a heartbeat.
Whilst I think he'd be a decent option for us to have from a purely footballing point of view, I'd rather he stayed in the past now and I really don't think the club would take him as a temporary option.

Wouldn't fit the way we now play. Whenever Lambert had trouble with the CBs, he had licence to drop deep or come to the sides to compensate (Fulham away last season is a good example). RK's system doesn't permit the same flexibility -and as a result you lose a lot of Lambert's potential value to the side as I don't think he's as physically dominant as Pelle.

Today emphasised again what we knew. We. Need. A. Striker. One who will hit the ground running and knows where the back of the net is.

Easier said than done, of course.

We already have astriker who hits the ground running - arguably far too often - in Shane Long. I also imagine he knows where the back of the net is. What would be nice would be if he could put the ball into it a bit more often.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/9633181/transfer-news-southampton-monitor-portos-holland-defender-bruno-martins-indi

sky sports claiming we want bruno martins indi.

Koeman said if we buy, it would be an attacker.

hmmmm.

Be a strange one unless we're not getting either Toby or Bertrand long term or we're confident of a European place and will be padding out the squad with more quality.

Aleksandar Mitrovic?

Young at 20yo so matches the club philosophy.

Serbian international teammate to Tadic.

Plays as a strong targetman so would fit into our system perfectly.

Has champions league experience.

Wouldn't be cheap but we can easily afford him and plenty of reasons for him to come.

Daniel Storey@danielstorey85 2m2 minutes ago

Sky reporting Southampton interested in Juan Quintero. MAKE. IT. HAPPEN.

SAINTS TRACKING QUINTERO

Southampton are closely monitoring Porto midfielder Juan Quintero, according to Sky sources.

The 21-year-old was linked with a move to Arsenal last summer but Saints are keeping tabs on him along with team-mate Bruno Martins Indi, who they have been watching this season.

A loan deal is also a priority for Ronald Koeman in January.

Far be it from me to criticise....but if ANY of this gossip is to be believed at all, surely we need A STRIKER.

Almost everyone we're linked with seems to be a midfielder of some description, (although CB 's feature quite a bit, too).

YES ...(thankfully) .we have Elia as cover for Mane...who it turns out would have been out / away for a month or so .. African Cup of Nations, injury or not....but where is the extra striker?

£12 million...(and only few goals so far), but I don't think Shane Long was a bad buy, but surely no-one expects Jay Rod to bounce back with a hat-trick every game,

.......injury has set back Sam Gallagher's career almost a year, whilst a budding U21 striker like Ryan Seager hasn't even had one minute of Prem. game time yet.

I won't criticise Pelle either, for despite being triple-marked in some games, he's done almost everything right - except score goals and hit the woodwork instead.

I do hope Ronald and /or the Black Box can come up with an extra alternative soon to compete / help / challenge / Pelle's almost lone efforts to find the back of the net.

Like the rest of you, I'm encouraged to see goals coming from midfield ...and even defenders (something we sadly lacked under MP's regime)......but we really need some more help up top..don't we?