January 2015 HCDAJFU

Lighthouse

Clasie must be top of our list, we know RK rates him highly and Clasie has said himself how much he enjoyed working for RK, Pelle would welcome a former team-mate knowing that they have already a good understanding of each others games. We were very strong in midfield at the start of the season (one of the reasons we didn't buy Clasie along with Pelle in the summer) but recent injuries may cause the board to use this as an opportunity to bring in this talented, young, affordable midfielder.

Admittedly, midfield is not our most pressing position to strengthen, many would say we need another striker. We have Long (who i think would do a good job as the central striker, he is tough, yet delicate (best "touch him and he will get you a foul" player out there), excellent jump, and proved he can hold the ball up in a central role in his previous clubs. Not a dancer with the ball, but an honest, intelligent and hard working player. Jrod - injured, unknown recovery, Myuka (given a chance the last few games, not impressed the fans, maybe he shows attacking flare in training, so much hyped promise, will RK persist in using him? Gallager - still raw and off the radar at the moment. We really do need another top striker if we are serious about challenging for that top 4. Think there are three ways you can go...

1) young, talented, full of potential, still a bit raw. (we have one, Gallager (19), Ings (22),Guidetti (22), Saido Berahino (21),Antoine Griezmann (23), Alvaro Morata (22), Divock Origi (19)

2) Older, twilight of their career, but still can produce the goods when needed -Ricky lambert (32), Miroslav Klose (36),David Villa (33), Antonio Di Natale (37),USA winter loans - Robbie Keane (34), Defoe (32) or even Henry (37).

3) Prime time! big players, wanted by all (but only a few are chosen) -Jackson Martínez (28), Andre Pierre Gignac (29), Christian Benteke (24), Hulk (27), Álvaro Negredo (29), Carlos Vela (25), Tevez (30)

These are just a sample of what is out there, here is were our BLACK BOX and crew will find the right player, style, temperament and price.

If i were to chose one from each catagory:

1)Antoine Griezmann - striker/left winger, young player already showing tonnes of quality and an eye for goal/assist.

2) Miroslav Klose - a legend that still showed he can produce at the last WC. Would be an inspirational super sub or a game changer.

3)Andre Pierre Gignac - in the best form of his career, playing even better under the Bielsa style (we are similar to this philosophy), would be real competition for Pelle, not just back up, He is not the biggest star out there but one that could be in our price range.

Each transfer gets more difficult as we try to improve in what we got, like it has been said before, buying a bunch of squad players that can do the job is not going to push us on, we love our best players, but we need to aim for the players to be better than them! One or two more quality signings, each transfer window will keep us moving in the right direction. Personally I would like them to try to get a proven player, a game changer to help us stay in the fight for top 4. A gamble on talented youth has been our usual way, but this time we should opt for a big player even if its a loan or short term contract to add instant quality and experience. Top 4 would be immense, lets give it a good go this year! we can return to the sensible building approach in the summer. March on, Saints March on!!

Griezmann will go to one of the "Big" teams on much bigger wages than we can/will pay; Klose will still want huge wages and we've already got a big, slow-ish forward and Gignac will be going to Arsenal on bigger wages than we can/will pay as well....

I think we will get a couple in but probably players abroad who we have never heard of ala Tadic & Pele....no bad thing!.

Maybe Ings but not sure he would push Ronalds buttons.

I think we need a creative midfielder who can bed in and be ready to replace Morgan when he leaves.

Antoine Griezmann left Real Sociedad in the summer for Atletico Madrid and a fee of £25 million - so he's already at a big club and out of our league.

We should have bought him a couple of seasons ago but I don't think Sociedad were going to sell him unless it was for £20 million plus.

Antoine Griezmann left Real Sociedad in the summer for Atletico Madrid and a fee of £25 million - so he's already at a big club and out of our league.

We should have bought him a couple of seasons ago but I don't think Sociedad were going to sell him unless it was for £20 million plus.

Think he likes Spain actually, been there since he was about 14. We might have tried to buy him before, plenty of other clubs have but have been turned down by the player.

are people being serious about griezmann? lets try and get reus as well, maybe messi wants to spend a season on loan with us too!

clasie will be a good buy for january, danny ing at the right price (i believe his contract runs out in summer), and alderweireld and bertrand on permanent contracts.

the january market is difficult to get players without paying over inflated prices, you have to be careful.

are people being serious about griezmann? lets try and get reus as well, maybe messi wants to spend a season on loan with us too!

clasie will be a good buy for january, danny ing at the right price (i believe his contract runs out in summer), and alderweireld and bertrand on permanent contracts.

the january market is difficult to get players without paying over inflated prices, you have to be careful.

Gotze might be available too.

We could really do with someone in the mould of Moussa Sissoko IMO.

He was actually top of my list when I was talking to my brother about targets for January. Although Wanyama is a very dominant presence in midfield he doesn't get high enough up the pitch, and Sissoko works excellently behind a striker providing a bit of presence and power. Also good in a deeper role, similar to Yaya Toure. I don't hold out much hope of getting him because at the moment we'd be very much a sideways step from Newcastle, especially as the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea are keeping tabs on him.

I would still like to see us get in somebody to cover RB. Alderweireld can do a job there but he's very important for us at CB so we shouldn't have to move him out because we don't have the depth in the squad. I like the look of Adam Henley from Blackburn - quite similar to Clyne in how he plays but not the finished product yet.

So were interested in a

15 year old kid

A Croatian defender ........

and a Bayer Leverkusen winger who has been linked with Man U and Liverpool

Doesn't sound promising:?

Edited by doddisalegend

Just a thought - when his loan is over at Wham and he gets over his neck ache, what does everyone think about Song?

Good player, but we don't need him. One of the area's we're fine.

Now if we were to lose a few in CM in the summer, of course it could be worth a sniff....

And would Demba Ba be good competition for Pelle? Granted, his wages would be a stumbling block.

Demba Ba would want to be first choice for a club like us, this is the conundrum we find ourselves in. Good players don't want to come and sit on the bench for a club of our size, they will have better offers out there.

First choice...maybe...but then Pelle is first choice for us.

Demba Ba would want to be first choice for a club like us, this is the conundrum we find ourselves in. Good players don't want to come and sit on the bench for a club of our size, they will have better offers out there.

First choice...maybe...but then Pelle is first choice for us.

and maybe that's the decision the club finds itself having to make. If we want to step up to the next level, players like Pelle need to be pushed. Although the January sales are a rip off and I'd prefer it if we waited until the summer

We are going to spend big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope not, cause that would be a bit of a silly thing to do in my opinion.

Didn't RK say the club budgeted for finishing 10th don't think that really goes with splurging big time in January. We need build depth to our squad that's going to take time every we can't just build a squad over one transfer window.

Defence is fine IMO, Midfield is fine too. I still am a little concerned about Davis as back up keeper, but ultimately I think we're weakest in attack. Pelle has done really well, but with question marks over both Gallagher and JWP, and Long not getting too many goals, I'd like to see another striker bought in. A creative midfielder would be nice too, another Tadic to lessen the burden on him.

I do think we'll bring player/s in, but as usual in January you tend to pay over the odds.

Clasie, Ings and a winger would do me

Won't Ings be available on a free in the summer? Can't see anyone buying him in Jan also can't see Burnley letting him go in January even if he doesn't want to sign a new contract. As their main source of goals Burnley would be better off holding on to Ings and seeing if they can scrape PL survival.

Won't Ings be available on a free in the summer? Can't see anyone buying him in Jan also can't see Burnley letting him go in January even if he doesn't want to sign a new contract. As their main source of goals Burnley would be better off holding on to Ings and seeing if they can scrape PL survival.

That's the decision they have to take, yes. And they might decide he is worth holding onto to end of contract as his value in goal scored exceeds his resale value. If his goals keep them up, then that is worth far more than £10M to them. But I hope we can get him. £10M, £15M whatever he costs. He is a super player and his values off field make him attractive.

That's the decision they have to take, yes. And they might decide he is worth holding onto to end of contract as his value in goal scored exceeds his resale value. If his goals keep them up, then that is worth far more than £10M to them. But I hope we can get him. £10M, £15M whatever he costs. He is a super player and his values off field make him attractive.

If we pay £10-15m for a player with only 6 months left on a deal, then someone at the club needs to be taken to the itchen bridge and shot. That would be pure desperation

Have you ever considered being head of recruitment at Liverpool?

If we pay £10-15m for a player with only 6 months left on a deal, then someone at the club needs to be taken to the itchen bridge and shot. That would be pure desperation

why does it matter, if fees mean nothing?

Edited by Batman