January 2015 HCDAJFU

Lighthouse

Another Porto player? Guess we may have had a scout at a game at the lying scumbag journos are now making mischief linking up with everyone in the team.

It's probably Sporting Lisbon paying journalists to write destabilising stories about Porto.

It's probably Sporting Lisbon paying journalists to write destabilising stories about Porto.

Smells like Benfica to me, i remember when the Portoweb forum was in meltdown that lazy lying scumbag journos were trying to destablise them running story a couple of years ago that Joao Moutinho and James Rodriguez were joining Monaco for £60m. No way would they go to a small club in the French league this has to be the work of other clubs was the univeral view back then.

So, apparently Berahino can leave for £20m, should we go for him?

The likes of him, pelle and mane up front fills me with glee :) let alone with Jayrod to come back and playing Tadic in behind in the CAM position :)

Hmm, tasty!

Far be it from me to criticise....but if ANY of this gossip is to be believed at all, surely we need A STRIKER.

Almost everyone we're linked with seems to be a midfielder of some description, (although CB 's feature quite a bit, too).

YES ...(thankfully) .we have Elia as cover for Mane...who it turns out would have been out / away for a month or so .. African Cup of Nations, injury or not....but where is the extra striker?

£12 million...(and only few goals so far), but I don't think Shane Long was a bad buy, but surely no-one expects Jay Rod to bounce back with a hat-trick every game,

.......injury has set back Sam Gallagher's career almost a year, whilst a budding U21 striker like Ryan Seager hasn't even had one minute of Prem. game time yet.

I won't criticise Pelle either, for despite being triple-marked in some games, he's done almost everything right - except score goals and hit the woodwork instead.

I do hope Ronald and /or the Black Box can come up with an extra alternative soon to compete / help / challenge / Pelle's almost lone efforts to find the back of the net.

Like the rest of you, I'm encouraged to see goals coming from midfield ...and even defenders (something we sadly lacked under MP's regime)......but we really need some more help up top..don't we?

^ This.

So, apparently Berahino can leave for £20m, should we go for him?

The likes of him, pelle and mane up front fills me with glee :) let alone with Jayrod to come back and playing Tadic in behind in the CAM position :)

Hmm, tasty!

I'd take Berahino as a decent prospect but not at £20 million. I'd rather see where WBA finish the season first, go down and he could be bought for less.

That'd be a cracking deal for Swansea if they get it, but only if they invest the money wisely. It's always risky to sell your goalscorer though. I wonder if there's any chance they could bring Michu back...

Has the potential to be a great player, though was hit and miss at the world cup, usually coming on as a sub and trying a little too hard to outshine James Rodriguez.

Got a feeling it will another loan with a option to buy and a sneeky feeling it will be Bas Dost. He is out of favour at Wolfsburg and Koeman will know him from his time in the dutch league where he was prolific. He also fits the profile of the centre forward we need being 6.4 and trying to kick start his career again and at the same time being direct competition with Pelle for that target man role.

Similar playing style to Pelle and with a similar record in the Netherlands as well. Wouldn't mind him on loan with an option to buy.

Even at Wolfsburg he has a decent record considering he has been a substitute most of his appearances.

If Dzeko was available I'd be clammering for us to get him. Top player for what he does. Would suit our system perfectly. Think he would have more glamorous suitors than Swansea and Saints though in fairness.

True but I thought exactly the same, should bony go there then the obvious two in frane for the chop are jovetic or dzeko, both I think would be excellent for us if available and possibly City would like to get them to someone like us to help harm other teams

True but I thought exactly the same, should bony go there then the obvious two in frane for the chop are jovetic or dzeko, both I think would be excellent for us if available and possibly City would like to get them to someone like us to help harm other teams

Have never rated dzeko myself, always seems to squander far more chances then he puts away, but gets so many chances due to service he gets goals.

I think he would be poor in a average side.

Have never rated dzeko myself, always seems to squander far more chances then he puts away, but gets so many chances due to service he gets goals.

but it would add depth to the squad, which is what we need right now.

wonder what dzekos wages are though.

but it would add depth to the squad, which is what we need right now.

wonder what dzekos wages are though.

For f**ks sake :lol:

Well at least losing Bony takes Swansea out the race for European qualification
Strange time for them to sell, but I guess £30m is too good to turn down for them. They've seemed pretty good on scouting over the last few years, so will be interesting to see how they use the £30m, particularly next summer.

Are people seriously considering Dzeko? Is this a joke?

Ive commented that just maybe a deal could be done if Bony went to City. If he played for us for 6 months im sure he could do damage to Citys rivals, highly unlikely but not out of the realms of possible.

Permanent ? No chance at all

Not as funny as the post who says they don't rate him, and wouldn't want him.

Im sorry i didnt realise we were talking about the football god that is edin dzeko. My point was for the absurd ammount of money someone like dzeko would want he would be absolutely not worth the wages.

1 he is a service striker who squanders a lot of chances although still getting goals, dont we already have one of those with pelle?

2 if we were going to pay out fat wages on a striker wouldnt it be better to go for someone a bit more dynamic like say remy,who would give us a differant option with his pace or could play together with pelle..

Serious question just humour me, how many goals a season more would you think dzeko would give us a season over pelle,if played as the loan striker all season as pell'e has been.

I await the sarcastic responses :-)

Alex Goring Crook @alex_crook

Reports in Scotland #saintsfc have made a six-figure bid for 17-year-old Dundee striker Craig Wighton #transfers

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-fc/southampton-bid-for-dundee-teen-star-craig-wighton-1.774758

Meh.

Don't understand the Dzeko idea. We need ANOTHER Pelle. Or even a striker BETTER than Pelle. The poor sod is having to play every second of every game as he is critical to our style and Long/Mane/Elia are very different types of players. Gallagher would be "COVER" when (if) he ever returns. JRod is NOT a Pelle, Shane Long is COVER for JRod.

The only "Hold Up" type player possibly available this window is SRL, but he won't come here to warm our bench when he & his family are happy doing that up in Scouse land.

Same reason we won't sign Berawhateverhino, doesn't fit our style of play at the moment

Dundee FC Fans Rep@DFCFansRep 1h1 hour ago

Reports in Scotland that #SaintsFC have made a six-figure bid for 17-year-old Dundee striker Craig Wighton. ** Not true*** Nothing going on

Meh.

Don't understand the Dzeko idea. We need ANOTHER Pelle. Or even a striker BETTER than Pelle. The poor sod is having to play every second of every game as he is critical to our style and Long/Mane/Elia are very different types of players. Gallagher would be "COVER" when (if) he ever returns. JRod is NOT a Pelle, Shane Long is COVER for JRod.

The only "Hold Up" type player possibly available this window is SRL, but he won't come here to warm our bench when he & his family are happy doing that up in Scouse land.

Same reason we won't sign Berawhateverhino, doesn't fit our style of play at the moment

Reports in Scotland that #SaintsFC have made a six-figure bid for 17-year-old Dundee striker Craig Wighton. ** Not true*** Nothing going on

That is exactly what Dzeko is, a better version of Pelle?!

Meh.

He's a very similar player to Dzeko, but Dzeko is also superb with his feet. he's a top player, but will go abroad if he does leave City.