Leicester vs SAINTS Build Up Thread

nta786

:thumbup:

This week was uplifted by a tory victory, lets hope we can continue that good fortune this weekend :thumbup:

You're right, s tory victory really does put things into perspective. A loss today would be a minor blip when compared to such a bleak future.

You're right, s tory victory really does put things into perspective. A loss today would be a minor blip when compared to such a bleak future.

:lol:

Lets just hope the reds dont capitulate to the overwhelming blues to such an extent that it'll be so difficult to come back

Not confident today of anything. We're seemingly limping to the end of the season and Leicester are flying. A draw wouldn't be a bad result today. It's peculiar that just a few months ago we'd have thought that Sunderland, Leicester and Villa would be a guaranteed 9 points.

One thing I have done today is have a small bet on Clyne to score anytime. I have had a premonition...

Think this will be a fair test for him, he showed last season v cardiff away he can do alright and our defence today is much better than that day.

Hope he can put together a nice display and his kicking should be much better than wee had from kelvin and fraser.

Good to see Harry getting a chance as well, this is what we should be doing now playing some younger guys and giving them a go to help assess them.

Other than Gazzaniga, whats worrying you?

Exactly, apart from the Gazzaniga shock (and really, can he be that much worse than Davis has been?), it's a good side. Toby back at CB is the most important... it might not even matter who we have in goal with that back 4 shielded by Wanyama and Reed.

Gazzaniga and Delia starting. Has defeat written all over it. Hope I am wrong, but don't think I will be.

Don't think having Gazza starting would make much difference, we would concede at least 2 with Davis anyway. Makes sense to let Gazza have a run out, as he is more likely to be future than Davis. He has looked very good at u21 level.

Gazzaniga's main problem in the past when in the 1st team has been his decision making at when to come off his line or not. I think he has a lot of other good attributes and the decision making can be improved with age and coaching from a keeper coach like David Watson.

People worry about Gazza...I do myself, but then he's not replacing Forster is he, he's replacing Davis. They're both erratic is different ways, both could concede soft goals, so probably best to see if Gazza has a future or not.

Poor keepers or not, it's the poor finishing that's cost us more in recent months.

Elia has to do it today or leave. We need him now, on paper it's a fast attack. I just worry without JWP or Tadic there's very little creative passing in the team. Probably best to be direct, Pelle knock ons to 2 fast players against a poor defence.

Could see a 3-2 to someone today.

This. Kelvin has been playing for sentimental reasons as much as anything. I'd say the right thing to do to give him a crack before the end of the season, to see if he has what it takes [to replace Kelvin as third keeper next season].

I've nothing against either Gardos or Yoshida individually, but I can't see why it is sensible to have 2 centre backs on the bench, especially with Targett so that we could rearrange in extreme emergency with Bertrand as a CB. Personally I'd rather see another young attacker ..... delighted to see Gallagher there though.

Otherwise, and with every extremity crossed over Gazzaniga, it looks the best side available.

Gazzaniga- tbh not bothered- hes been sound for the U21s and probably deserves a go after Davis's poor performances recently...

However- I fear Leicester will be far more up for it now if Sunderland result stays 1-0 to them!!

Oh well- COYS!!

Hopefully under the guidance of Watson, Gazzaniga has developed a bit. Don't think we should take too much notice of his last stint, the defence in front of him were awful. Hope he plays well, the boy needs some confidence.

Blimey the moaning on here thank goodness half you don't play for the team, beaten in the dressing room!!

Kelvin's next game will be his 300th so maybe the club are being sentimental for next week. Plus Gazza has been tidy for the Under 21s, stick him between the sticks in the full heat of battle and you get a better appraisal of the goal keeping situation.

Have some faith folks we ain't getting relegated.

With Steven Davis and Elia playing wide midfield I can't see any decent crosses coming in . They both lose possession constantly so the defence is going to be under severe pressure . How did it all go soo wrong ?

I think its more likely to be Steven Davis in his usual "number 10" role in a 4-2-3-1 system, with Elia and Mane out wide.