CONFIRMED - Virgil Van Dijk joins on Five Year Deal

Brizzie Saints

Or maybe that they have been asked not to mention about possible transfers until at medical stage. Doesn't mean we have one almost there.

It's delicate. The transfer of VvD to any team depends on how Celtic get on in CL qualification, and even then there will likely be players other than Saints so absolutely no need for any comments on the matter to come out of the club.

We've already had Koeman publicly state things about Alderweireld and other incomings that haven't turned out to be a good look for us so best to keep it quiet. The club sound like they are active.

Van Dijk now odds on to join Southampton. Whether this is because the bookies have some inside knowledge or they are simply responding to a sudden surge of forum-inspired betting, who knows.

The bookies never have inside information, they change odds when a few bets go in. Only when they get a surge of bets do they change the odds and lock it.

If 20 of us bet £10 that Adama was signing for Saints at 8/1 then you will find it will end up being odds on and locked.

I've been signed off work for the last ten days so have had no contact with the club.

All I can confirm is Saints have made their interest clear to VVD's reps around three weeks ago.

Thanks for the updates Guan 2.0 & Monk.

Fingers crossed on this one.

I've been signed off work for the last ten days so have had no contact with the club.

All I can confirm is Saints have made their interest clear to VVD's reps around three weeks ago.

Don't you have to be careful posting that in case they work out who you are?

The bookies never have inside information, they change odds when a few bets go in. Only when they get a surge of bets do they change the odds and lock it.

If 20 of us bet £10 that Adama was signing for Saints at 8/1 then you will find it will end up being odds on and locked.

They nearly always have inside information mate. Especially sky. Sky even leak stories to get people betting. It's a corrupt market.

Do it as an experiment.

Don't you have to be careful posting that in case they work out who you are?

maybe he was posting disinformation. He might even be framing someone else at work he doesn't like. This ITK stuff is really just like a spy novel.

Everton are apparently after Cristian Zapata (AC Milan) if they lose Stones. Personally I don't think Stones will leave anyway this season.

he should. after all, nothing can be done the minute one of those clubs comes in for your players

he should. after all, nothing can be done the minute one of those clubs comes in for your players

It all depends on Stokes attitude and his contract length, if he says he wants to go he will go and we all know it I can't think of any good examples of a club standing in a players way when one of the big boys comes knocking.

Unless of course the valuation of the player is not met, or the player does not want to move. In the short term he will not play much, unless something happens to Terry, in terms of serious injury.

I'm sure he will go eventually, just not this season. We'll see. Apparently Everton are still looking for a left sided CB anyway.

A lot depends on the length of the outstanding contract, the offer and how much the player wants to move on. I don't think that any of the players we have lost over the last two summers were desperate to stay here were they? They are all on substantially more money than they were with us and they have all departed to "bigger" clubs.

A lot depends on the length of the outstanding contract, the offer and how much the player wants to move on. I don't think that any of the players we have lost over the last two summers were desperate to stay here were they? They are all on substantially more money than they were with us and they have all departed to "bigger" clubs.

we shall see. He will go soon enough IMO

Stones will go to Everton pretty soon IMHO and then it's a case of us ensuring they don't get VVD ahead of us. Hence this talk of getting agreements in place I suspect. Hope Clasie and the other Dutch crew are making overtures about how nice and Netherlandsy it is in Southampton.

It all depends on Stokes attitude and his contract length, if he says he wants to go he will go and we all know it I can't think of any good examples of a club standing in a players way when one of the big boys comes knocking.

Baines, Coleman off the top of my head.

Stones will go to Everton pretty soon IMHO and then it's a case of us ensuring they don't get VVD ahead of us. Hence this talk of getting agreements in place I suspect. Hope Clasie and the other Dutch crew are making overtures about how nice and Netherlandsy it is in Southampton.

How do we know they want VVD? They have been linked with other CHs.

this is in no way indicative of anything, anytime, but:

bought virgil on fifa. freaking incredible. Reminds me of naldo at wolfsburg - just an utter beast of muscle and presence. He's become my first choice. Out of interest, if anyone cares, I managed to get this team on fifa 2015 together just using January transfer window, (I didn't use the option to do 1st summer window signings), not too shabby at all:

Forster

Bertrand

Virgil

Fonte

Van der Wiel

Schneiderlin

Wanyama

Matteo Darmian

Mane

Rodriguez

Lacazette

we are way out on our own with selling our best in this league.

Still don't know what you think we should do about though? We can stand firm on one player (like we did with Morgan) and Everton can do with Stones. Just imagine though how last season would have turned out if we had kept all the want aways we would have five players all ****ed we hadn't let them go for their dream moves what sort of atmosphere do you think that would have made for in the squad?

The truth is all though we've lost good players I honestly believe we have a stronger squad with more depth than we did when poch arrived.

Celtic fan here. Been reading this thread a few times the last couple of days so thought I may as well contribute a bit.

I reckon that after the CL qualifiers are over, van Dijk will be off. Regardless of how we got on. You already know but if you do get him, you've got yourselves an absolutely cracking player. He has everything - pace, strength, height, skill, he scores and he can defend. Although in Europe at times, he has switched off. That's the biggest concern, but then again he was fantastic against AC Milan and Ajax. Even played well against Barca.

Hopefully the Nir Bitton suggestion is just that, not an actual rumour. I like Southampton but seeing our two best players go to the same club in the same window is too much!

Celtic fan here. Been reading this thread a few times the last couple of days so thought I may as well contribute a bit.

I reckon that after the CL qualifiers are over, van Dijk will be off. Regardless of how we got on. You already know but if you do get him, you've got yourselves an absolutely cracking player. He has everything - pace, strength, height, skill, he scores and he can defend. Although in Europe at times, he has switched off. That's the biggest concern, but then again he was fantastic against AC Milan and Ajax. Even played well against Barca.

Hopefully the Nir Bitton suggestion is just that, not an actual rumour. I like Southampton but seeing our two best players go to the same club in the same window is too much!

Welcome to our life, we also sell our best players every window :(