CONFIRMED - Virgil Van Dijk joins on Five Year Deal

Brizzie Saints

The odds have drifted from 6/4 to 2/1 for VVD to sign if anyone wants to get on. I put my bet on when he was at 5/2 but wish I had struck when it was at 4/1 a few days before!

Ive got £50 on him joining us but only managed to get him at evens.

Yeah. The other stand out feature is his physicality. He looks a fine athlete and powerful often brushing attackers off much like one would swat a fly with totally abandonment.

Against the wee, pasty, whey-faced, midge-infested Celts he faces in the Scottish PL, he would be a giant of a man.

I really hope i'm right here but a large part of me thinks this VVD transfer is already done. I think the two clubs have already agreed the deal, the ammount etc etc and we have an agreement with Celtic that he will officially join after their CL elimination or qualification to the group stages.......if this is not the case we are taking a massive gamble that another club will get him and i don't want to believe we are that stupid.

I really hope i'm right here but a large part of me thinks this VVD transfer is already done. I think the two clubs have already agreed the deal, the ammount etc etc and we have an agreement with Celtic that he will officially join after their CL elimination or qualification to the group stages.......if this is not the case we are taking a massive gamble that another club will get him and i don't want to believe we are that stupid.

It rather looks that way, what with some surprisingly direct comments from inside the club (Fonte, Koemans), but the outcome will provide important insight.

Everton are in our peer group (5-10) and we both badly need this kind of player - well, Everton will if Stones goes. Both our seasons could hinge on it.

Whether he comes to us or goes to Everton, it will make a fairly clear statement about our respective ambitions - unless, of course, we have someone of similar calibre lined up.

It rather looks that way, what with some surprisingly direct comments from inside the club (Fonte, Koemans), but the outcome will provide important insight.

Everton are in our peer group (5-10) and we both badly need this kind of player - well, Everton will if Stones goes. Both our seasons could hinge on it.

Whether he comes to us or goes to Everton, it will make a fairly clear statement about our respective ambitions - unless, of course, we have someone of similar calibre lined up.

you would think there would be more than just everton & us interested?

But what if he gets a serious injury then? You would hope we've got someone else in mind, although there isn't long to go!

you would think there would be more than just everton & us interested?

Probably, but the two of us are the most-linked - for good reason.

It's a little surprising to me that Newcastle aren't linked more, but they have Ashley running the show. Mind you, he's linked to Rangers, which probably wouldn't go in his favour. :)

Yeah, and since then he followed Wijnaldum and also favourited his tweet... Guess he's off to Newcastle then...

He's played with him for U21s.

Think could possibly write off sudden interest in Class or for Dutch link, maybe Forster interest as ex-Celtic team mate, although seems a year late, but sudden following of Pelle....starting to sound more than coincidence!

I was disappointed last year as wanted him over Toby, think maybe an upgrade...although would have been happy with proven premier quality of Toby.

I was asked not to speak about any transfers the morning when I was due to. Can't speak for Monk but I imagine KBSS has found a similar situation.

Then take back your fiver and leave, you are of no use to us now. In future I'm going to listen to the ever reliable Alpine Saint.

Edited by iansums
I'm a tw*t

I was asked not to speak about any transfers the morning when I was due to. Can't speak for Monk but I imagine KBSS has found a similar situation.
That is sensible. You KBSS & Monk have a good reputation on here for getting good information. If the club want it kept quiet, there is good reason. Thanks for clearing up your absence.

Then hand back your fiver and leave, you are of no use to us now. In future I'm going to listen to the ever reliable Alpine Saint.

I do believe the request is only in place until we have them down for medical(s).

Technically I'm not talking about transfers there, but the conditions of an agreement regarding transfers. :smug:

Personally, I like Alpine. An Oscar the Grouch figure who reluctantly gets increasingly excited as the season progresses.

I do believe the request is only in place until we have them down for medical(s).

Technically I'm not talking about transfers there, but the conditions of an agreement regarding transfers. :smug:

Personally, I like Alpine. An Oscar the Grouch figure who reluctantly gets increasingly excited as the season progresses.

oh yeah

"Them down for medical(s)"

So, were after 1, possibly 2 players from a team, or teams, north of us.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm excited. :)

hahahahahahhaahaha can we change Alpine's name to this

I don't think there is any reluctance involved!

Just as we would expect, at least for VvD - it can all be negotiated and agreed in advance of the point at which the selling club is ready to sell.

The tantalizing part is the plural.

As a response to Guan's "them" comment I am going out on a limb and predicting we sign VVD and Nir Biton (defensive mid 1.95m tall !!!) from Celtic as a package.

He is also big mates with VVD and went on holiday with their chicks to Maldives with him, tenuous alert ;)

Compilation.

Edited by Convict Colony

Just one of many positive comments on Biton from the TalkCeltic Forum - http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=136692&page=201

"Wanyama was immense and I love the guy. But they shouldn't be compared.

But, Bitton is quality, he is a great player for us and holds that DM spot brilliantly.

He connects the defence to the midfield fantastically and is quick to get the ball moving.

He rarely slips up and is prone to a wonder-goal.

He gets top marks from me! "

As a response to Guan's "them" comment I am going out on a limb and predicting we sign VVD and Nir Biton (defensive mid 1.95m tall !!!) from Celtic as a package.

He is also big mates with VVD and went on holiday with their chicks to Maldives with him, tenuous alert ;)

Compilation.

You're like a fat lad scoffing a plate of cake with your compilations. A new crush every day.

so are you expecting to be talking about the conditions of an agreement in the the next couple of days?

"Technically I'm not talking about transfers there, but the conditions of an agreement regarding transfers."

Is it reading too much into this to conclude that an agreement is in place to sign VVD and possibly one other Celtic player?

Hi guan. I've invested 50 sheets into VVD signing. Would you say that's a sound investment? ;)