CONFIRMED - Virgil Van Dijk joins on Five Year Deal

Brizzie Saints

He looked a lot more disciplined last night, however Celtic set up pretty carefully to protect their lead.

He's a good player. Quite aggressive in the tackle, physically imposing - wants to compete. A little slow getting out and creating a high line at times. More Lovren than Alderweireld from what I have seen of him.

So, are we going to have to wait for them to know 100% either way about the CL because that will be virtually the end of August?

Can we handle PL and Europa Playoff til then with just 3 CBs? Probably yes if nobody gets injured or suspended but it doesnt give Ronald many options.

So, are we going to have to wait for them to know 100% either way about the CL because that will be virtually the end of August?

Can we handle PL and Europa Playoff til then with just 3 CBs? Probably yes if nobody gets injured or suspended but it doesnt give Ronald many options.

It's what we did last season with Forster wasn't it? Had to wait until they were out of the CL.

We only had one proper striker all of last season so getting to the end of August with three centre-halves feels like a luxury. No point making a panic signing now when we can wait a few weeks to try and get a better target.

Oh is it ? hahahah they did say it was the 3rd season in a row he'd been over there during the summer, they seem to know him well so it probably is MLG, good skills if it is mate.

Yeah, I mean it's pretty blatantly him right?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1782[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1783[/ATTACH]

Celtic fans love him :lol:

Edit: Sorry about small files (I don't know how to insert them as not thumbnails) it's Ted Bates showing off our "brand new" 60k seater stadium and explaining the expansion plans... Sound familiar?

Edited by farawaysaint

Didn't see much of the game last night but saw enough to think that Caulker is a bit off the pace. Got skinned at least once and was way out of position for a big chance for them on goal. Really hope this goes through as we definitely, obviously need a solid defence

So is it that celtic want to keep their best players to make sure they qualify for the champions league proper, but once they're in the league bit don't care anymore because they know full well they have no chance of winning it ... So can let players go? Bit of a cynical way to treat their fans if so.

(almost as bad as West Ham last night)

So is it that celtic want to keep their best players to make sure they qualify for the champions league proper, but once they're in the league bit don't care anymore because they know full well they have no chance of winning it ... So can let players go? Bit of a cynical way to treat their fans if so.

Think its more, I will help you reach the group stages of you promise to let me leave for a decent league.

Bit of a risk. They might decide to keep him, he might have a change of heart and want to stay or another club might come in for him. Then we could be panic buying in the last week of the window.

That said, I reckon the club know what they're doing.

Or that once they're in the league they know they'll get some more money and can budget for a replacement?

Wouldn't be hugely surprised if Malmo stick them out. Either way, after this round I reckon Virgil will be on the move.

When does the round end? If its the same as ours then its 27th Aug, which as has been said, would be risky to wait unless we know 100% that we couldnt get gazumped and that Celtic would definitely sell him.

When does the round end? If its the same as ours then its 27th Aug, which as has been said, would be risky to wait unless we know 100% that we couldnt get gazumped and that Celtic would definitely sell him.

would be incredibly shyt if we are waiting on VvD and then not get him

who else are we after when ronald said '2 or 3' players?

all a bit quiet

I must admit we are pretty slow at bringing in players, Certainly need another midfielder and it has to be the right price for the club blah blah....!!!

So many of the middle range clubs are buying some cracking players these days and I often think why did we not go for them.

Toons, Palace, Stoke and Sunderland to name a few.

I must admit we are pretty slow at bringing in players, Certainly need another midfielder and it has to be the right price for the club blah blah....!!!

So many of the middle range clubs are buying some cracking players these days and I often think why did we not go for them.

Toons, Palace, Stoke and Sunderland to name a few.

How many of them would actually get in our team though?

Cabaye and Wijnaldum aside, I can't think of any and we can't sign every available player.

Club knows what to do.

@MurrayGroves: #SaintsFC interested in #BHAFC Dale Stephens too after doubts emerge over Jordy Clasie fitness.

I don't think he's mentioned any other club but Saints in his made up Tweets in the last year... So believeable.

Edited by Nolan

Wikipedia says he played 6 games for us on loan in 2011... Can anyone remember him?

Yeah, he was here at the back end of our L1 promotion season. We got him from Oldham, not a bad player, but never really stood out.

He's not developed to any sort of level to be in a PL team though.