CONFIRMED - Virgil Van Dijk joins on Five Year Deal

Brizzie Saints

I think he realises Celtic are only going to be in the CL to make up the numbers and a move to Everton or Southampton would be a step up. Everton more prestige and bigger but Saints in Europa and have a dutch legend as manager. I think clubs would offer similar size wages for the player. I know which one I would choose ;)

Also, played with Forster before and has seen how well Wanyama has fitted in and progressed. Would that make any difference to his decision? Probably not.

WATCH: DELIA KEEN TO KEEP VAN DIJK

Celtic manager Ronny Deila has reiterated his desire to keep Virgil van Dijk at the club, amid reported interest from Premier League clubs.

http://www.skysports.com/iframe/widget/video/dtcnFqdjqmki3OzF4VIQC-oaXjcVAhdN#ooid=dtcnFqdjqmki3OzF4VIQC-oaXjcVAhdN

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands. Grrr.

Celtic manager Ronny Deila has reiterated his desire to keep Virgil van Dijk at the club, amid reported interest from Premier League clubs.

http://www.skysports.com/iframe/widget/video/dtcnFqdjqmki3OzF4VIQC-oaXjcVAhdN#ooid=dtcnFqdjqmki3OzF4VIQC-oaXjcVAhdN

which means he is probably close to leaving

Which probably means that he is trying to push up the price. Isnt Virgil quoted as saying he wants to leave this summer?

We were never in for Chester and he doesn't meet our profile.

Patience. Let Mr Reed do his job and judge him at the start of the new season.

Indeed.

It's fascinating that, for all the fear (supposedly) imposed on employees during Cortese's chairmanship, far less seems to leak out under the current administration.

Is that down to the fact that some individuals are now elsewhere, or the fact that it's a tighter, warmer ship that doesn't spring leaks?

How ironically optimistic!

Personally, having witnessed Saints in Europe in the 80's and 2003, I'm not expecting more than 2 extra fixtures! However, if my hunch is right about this, I think we'll still have a decent squad and could be in with a shout of finishing 6th.

You could well be right about the 2 extra fixtures but we'll have to wait and see. Sorry, but I don't see us finishing top 10 at all. We did incredibly well given the departures last season but I think the loss of MS, NC & TA will prove far more costly that that of RL, DL, CC & AL. A number of teams seem to have strengthened well. We've replaced but I don't believe we've strengthened. Of course there's still time for this to change and other teams signings may not prove to be the instant success they hoped for. We'll have to see how things unfold but I'm expecting the likes of Newcastle, Stoke, Palace & WBA all to be far stronger this term. I would love to be proved wrong but think we're in for a bit of a rough ride this time.

Who have Newcastle and Stoke signed that now makes them better? 5 new recruits plus Jayrod and maybe Gaston makes us weaker? I know some think we are totally useless without Morgan but just maybe our new signings may add more forward progression rather than sideways and back? Making use of our quickies runs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who have Newcastle and Stoke signed that now makes them better? 5 new recruits plus Jayrod and maybe Gaston makes us weaker? I know some think we are totally useless without Morgan but just maybe our new signings may add more forward progression rather than sideways and back? Making use of our quickies runs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People also fail to forget that Stoke have lost Begovic, Moses and N'Zonzi and haven't replaced as yet. Those are 3 important players.

You could well be right about the 2 extra fixtures but we'll have to wait and see. Sorry, but I don't see us finishing top 10 at all. We did incredibly well given the departures last season but I think the loss of MS, NC & TA will prove far more costly that that of RL, DL, CC & AL. A number of teams seem to have strengthened well. We've replaced but I don't believe we've strengthened. Of course there's still time for this to change and other teams signings may not prove to be the instant success they hoped for. We'll have to see how things unfold but I'm expecting the likes of Newcastle, Stoke, Palace & WBA all to be far stronger this term. I would love to be proved wrong but think we're in for a bit of a rough ride this time.

Just pure, unadulterated bedwetting.

Stoke far stronger based on what? They've lost a few and signed some assorted Carlos Kickaballs and have a manager pretty much proven to deliver mid table - 9th, 8th maybe. Far stronger? Nope.

Newcastle finished the season fighting relegation up to the final day. Far stronger? Than 17th. Well yeah. Even our Schteve can do that. Oh, I'm scared.

WBA. Pulis basically able to deliver 12th/13th every single season regardless. Far stronger? Nah, just another Pulis season.

Palace? Yep, great Pardew doing well. Possible contender for 7th/8th? If all planets in alignment why not, if he does he's the next England manager. Far stronger? Let's be fair - they are as likely to be as inconsistent as any, and mid table awaits. Good luck to em.

Seriously, who have any of those clubs signed that you want? The mentalist striker Newcastle have bought? I have no doubt that if Stoke had signed Cedric you'd be pi ss ing the bed about it.

How many players from those sides would you want in our starting XI?

Lets take Stoke for example... are you aware so far this summer they have lost Begovic, Moses and N'Zonzi from their squad of last season. Pretty big players for them. Have they replaced them with sufficient quality to overtake us?

Pre-season 'Saintsweb' warming up now, so it seems. Nice to see the same old crowd on form.

We just need you to start with your 17th place predictions and your insistence that we should have re-hired Glenn Hoddle in 2003 to complete the full house.

Bit rude that you consider his picture embarrassing?

"his little face" isn't patronising at all, is it. I've posted that pic before for which I was warned. You lapped it then (briefly making it your avatar) and you're lapping it up now. Everyone knows the connotations it carries...

How's corporate working out, btw ;)

How many players from those sides would you want in our starting XI?

Lets take Stoke for example... are you aware so far this summer they have lost Begovic, Moses and N'Zonzi from their squad of last season. Pretty big players for them. Have they replaced them with sufficient quality to overtake us?

i bet everton thought the same about us 12 months ago

We just need you to start with your 17th place predictions and your insistence that we should have re-hired Glenn Hoddle in 2003 to complete the full house.

We should have hired Hoddle in 2004. You are one year early. Strachan was a superb manager and if he had stayed on we would probable have not gone down a couple of years later.

This year I have predicted us to finish 14th but I also envisage us dropping into the relegation zone for a short time.

Are we even in for this guy,has RK ever mentioned his name or is it just Saintsweb keeping this rumour alive ?

The lack of ITK snippets is alarming though,I can see why people are concerned at the lack of activity as we are 2 weeks away from the start of the season,we have 2 Europa league before and we could pick up a injury to one of our senior CB's

But at the same time we all saw last summer when we thought Les & co had lost the plot they were always in control and knew what they were doing,it's so annoying at times that the club is so secretive as we know nothing but obviously it's for the greater good

Are we even in for this guy,has RK ever mentioned his name or is it just Saintsweb keeping this rumour alive ?

The lack of ITK snippets is alarming though,I can see why people are concerned at the lack of activity as we are 2 weeks away from the start of the season,we have 2 Europa league before and we could pick up a injury to one of our senior CB's

But at the same time we all saw last summer when we thought Les & co had lost the plot they were always in control and knew what they were doing,it's so annoying at times that the club is so secretive as we know nothing but obviously it's for the greater good

I suppose it could be a useful smokescreen whilst we home in on our real target, certainly hope so but I am not convinced.

Gotta love that headline "Southampton face Europa League chaos" and them go on to explain Vitesse's visa problems :)

I'd be surprised if the UK don't get their visas sorted. If they don't it will throw up a whole can of worms. Firstly they would have to use a squad of EU players and secondly what would then stop the return being evened up by Dutch Immigration excluding our non EU players in retaliation. And so on.

no source...meant to put a ? at the end

has it just been on sky that he is having/had a medical

Ok, would be a decent loan signing I think. Good to have an option to sign him if he proves himself too. Doubt if he is the main target though. As you say VVD seems more logical.