WBA 0-0 SAINTS Post Match Misery

nta786

The most frustrating thing is how many times we lost possession through bad control or woeful passing. If someone is tackled when trying to get to the byline, or an incisive pass is cut out it's ok, but we were messing up passes which were pretty straightforward.

There were some encouraging signs - we looked pretty solid and we did look the better side, away from home against a notoriously awkward side. I don't think our shape was wrong, just some players have individual failings.

Quite happy with another clean sheet and a point but f00k, WBA are crap. If we'd have moved the ball quicker, perhaps had a couple of more direct, pacey players on from the start then I'm sure we'd have nicked one or two today. Van Dijk looks very good, looks like the Scottish equivalents of Matt Paterson have given him a great grounding. ;)

Quite optimistic for when Bertrand returns and Clasie, too. Clasie I'd have straight into the side for JWP in an advanced midfield position as soon as he's back.

To be honest, I thought we were clearly the better side. We were never in any danager and dictated the tempo through the middle. We played through the lines pretty well...until the final third! Frustrating in that sense, but if it's one of those days, then you just need to make sure you don't let it slip at the back.

Positive has been our organisation, we're getting back to where we were last season. Very hard to break down, keeping teams at arms length, and you always have chance of nicking something. With Mane, Pelle, Long, Tadic to call on, we will score goals. As long as we're a little more quick once we get into the final third!

Final note, Virgil looks like a bit of a Rolls Royce defender. Very, very, very composed on the ball and allowed us to build from the back a hell of a lot more successfully than we have been doing this season.

Probably a better point for us than WBA. Not really too upset by the result, there were positives.

only used two subs. long, juanmi i mean cmon ffs. is pelle untouchable?

West Brom have lots of old school big centre halves, they lap up floated crosses and long balls. Pelle wasn't great but it was always going to be a difficult one for him, a bit of pace in behind would have worked a lot better today.

Overall, frustrated. We had so much of the ball but not good enough in front of goal. Created some good chances (J-Rod, JWP's conversion kick, Mane) but don't look near the often free-scoring team of last year. JWP and Davis both starting just doesn't seem to work. Did Romeu have a knock? Can't understand his absence otherwise, nor Yoshi coming on at RB! Grrr.

gunna be last on Match of the day, gunna be last on Match of the day.......

if you didnt watch the game and just looked at the stats, you would think we really pushed them hard and should have won

in reality, good on in defence, good on the ball until we hit the final 3rd and then shocking.

Stek - so very lucky not to concede when he dropped the ball, fine other than that

Cedric - decent

Target - alright at best. and that is being kind

Fonte and VvD - Solid. VvD looks very very good

Vic - solid

JWP - was terrible.

Davis -was terrible. I know it is hip to say he is really under-rated but he has been very poor for a while

these two offer zero goal threat

Tadic - was decent, provided the tinsy bit of quality. good ball for jrod who should have scored

Jrod - crap. Should have scored

Pelle - shyte. I know he had little service but he offers little movement/rotation up front.

edit - ron must not like the look of Juanmi at all

Dull game.

Van Dijk looked good.

Pelle and Rodriguez both terrible. I get that Rodriguez is coming back from a lengthy spell but should he really be starting games for us? He doesn't look anywhere near ready imo. His touch is poor and his movement hasn't been great. He's even been prone to giving the ball away in dangerous areas this season.

How did Van Dijk get on?

Surprised Romeu didn't play he was immense v Norwich.

Really don't understand why Juanmi can get any minutes.

Am I right in thinking we've never beaten a Pulis side?

He wasn't really tested too much in a defensive sense, but looked very dominant in the jewels and picked up good positions to cover for players. But the positive about him is his ability on the ball, it was pretty immese. The commentators made the remark that he was the best passer on the pitch - and they're probably not far wrong!

Point and clean sheet away from home against a side that are very solid, VVD also looked decent, Tadic showing - in flashes - that he is a player with quality.

We need more movement off the ball really, at times it's all very static.

Bertrand still to return to give us two offensively good full backs, Clasie to come in and (hopefully) be a creative type in the middle which we appear to lack, may need to be patient to see more from Rodriguez, Juanmi may force his way into Roko's thinking.

Certainly not all doom and gloom from my perspective but f**k me that was dull - I was relived when the tesco delivery driver turned up, was the most interesting thing to happen over the 90!

Ash dear SWF on firm to day

I'm pleased with the draw . As all the stuff surrounding the WBA prima donna wanting to go to Spuds potential would have fired wba up and I thought they would have given us a bit of a kicking . They did and we got a point

As for those criticising RK . I'm sure he would have had a reason for picking that side . Remember we have had a two week break. And some players were late getting back to ST Mary's

Maybe some players had slight knocks maybe as some have suggested some of our players were not at the races

This was always going to be an ugly boring game . And it's an away point for us

Onwards and upwards

JWP has no creative quality from open play, I want to hunt down the Man City under 21 player that fell on Clasie's leg as the dire **** I am having to see from our AM position is a hazard to my health.

Just cos he is english the average commentators spunk their pants, if I have to hear world class deliver anymore I'll spontaneously combust, we aren't farking DHL.

We were the better team even though we didn't play our best (nor had our best team on at any stage of the match imo).

Disappointed with 'only' a point away, but buoyed by the fact we will be better than this once Clasie returns, Juanmi gets pitch time and JRod is 100%... and Romeu plays more, Forster/Bertrand return from injury. Plenty to look forward to.

Game lacked quality, will take a point away from home though. Generally lacked a cutting edge and too often it looks like players are waiting for someone else to create something rather than doing it themselves. Would have liked to see Juanmi get a run out to see if he could have changed anything and am hopeful Clasie can mix things up once he gets in the squad.

VVD looked at home in his first Prem game which was good to see though there are tougher tests to come. Do like the way he pushes higher up the pitch and is willing to look for a pass. Thought Wanyama also played well so hopefully can put that whole saga behind us as well.

Clasie is another defensive mid bought to replace Schniederlin not a playmaker if he is played there it is a risk! what is plan B JWP and Davis?

He's not a defensive midfielder, he's just a pace-setting central midfield player - just like JWP really, neither - IMO - are going to be too much of a threat in an AMC role.

Wouldn't mind seeing Jay and Tadic either side of Mane just in behind Pelle, with Clasie spraying the passes from CM and Victor shielding.

To be honest, I thought we were clearly the better side. We were never in any danager and dictated the tempo through the middle. We played through the lines pretty well...until the final third! Frustrating in that sense, but if it's one of those days, then you just need to make sure you don't let it slip at the back.

Positive has been our organisation, we're getting back to where we were last season. Very hard to break down, keeping teams at arms length, and you always have chance of nicking something. With Mane, Pelle, Long, Tadic to call on, we will score goals. As long as we're a little more quick once we get into the final third!

Final note, Virgil looks like a bit of a Rolls Royce defender. Very, very, very composed on the ball and allowed us to build from the back a hell of a lot more successfully than we have been doing this season.

Probably a better point for us than WBA. Not really too upset by the result, there were positives.

Yes, Yes, yes,...all of this 100%

Over reaction central again I see.

We've made a solid if unspectacular start to the season, 3 solid away points, one good home win and one bad game. All with a team with a quite a few new faces, new signing today to bed in, two key first teamers in Forster and Bertrand to come back from injury and one key signing in Clasie to come in as well.

Said at the start that I thought the team would take a while to hit their straps and stand by it, teams with 7 or 8 new signings aren't usually excellent and a complete team over night.

Defensively we look sound and will get even better when Bertrand is back who will also offer more going forward, just need to get out attacking play clicking better which I think will come.

Could be worse we could be Chelsea. :lol:

We've made a solid if unspectacular start to the season, 3 solid away points, one good home win and one bad game. All with a team with a quite a few new faces, new signing today to bed in, two key first teamers in Forster and Bertrand to come back from injury and one key signing in Clasie to come in as well.

Said at the start that I thought the team would take a while to hit their straps and stand by it, teams with 7 or 8 new signings aren't usually excellent and a complete team over night.

Defensively we look sound and will get even better when Bertrand is back who will also offer more going forward, just need to get out attacking play clicking better which I think will come.

Or Stoke, what with all of their mega signings that we should have had here - apparently.

Who is over reacting?

He's not a defensive midfielder, he's just a pace-setting central midfield player - just like JWP really, neither - IMO - are going to be too much of a threat in an AMC role.

Wouldn't mind seeing Jay and Tadic either side of Mane just in behind Pelle, with Clasie spraying the passes from CM and Victor shielding.

Agreed but he is not a playmaker in the Lallana mould and playing down the wings against the bigger defensive Pullis like teams is never going to succeeded we need to play a bit on the floor down the middle too 68% possession and only Jrods miss and maybe Manes late run to show on the real chances tally