Post match thread -Liverpool

maysie

Exactly. He was made to look good by a totally, utterly inept performance from Caulker.

Cant believe there is not more people questioning the goalkeeper.

Very poor, infact I don't recall him doing anything outstanding for a while, maybe one or 2 good stops in the last 6 games.

He's very average in my opinion and not good enough.

I would have rather had kelvin between the sticks tonight.

Garbage

we are carrying at least half a dozen players who are simply not good enough. Those that are good enough need to up their game and start hitting the net.

All fart and no shjt

Very frustrating to see us stand off them. Reminded me of my terrible defending in Fifa 16.

We have been doing this all season.

One of the main reasons we had such a good defensive record last season was because we would still press the opposition. It's gone now and we give teams far too much respect.

Very poor, infact I don't recall him doing anything outstanding for a while, maybe one or 2 good stops in the last 6 games.

Garbage

we are carrying at least half a dozen players who are simply not good enough. Those that are good enough need to up their game and start hitting the net.

All fart and no shjt

I wouldn't blame the keeper for any of their goals. Crisp shots low down or up in the corner. He was left too exposed by the so-called defence.

Liverpool were better than us. End of. They finished very clinically and although our overall play was OK, we weren't sharp enough to the second ball and didn't close down or press until too late in the game.

No panic. Liverpool were very good and our performance tonight would beat plenty.

But we do need Fonte back. Great leader.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I'll stick my neck out here, why the chuff wasn't Yoshida in his natural position of CB instead of Caulker? His positioning was right up the pictures, bit like a rabbit in the headlights of a peddle car, VVD was having to cover the back line.

I sit in the Chapel (sticking his head out even further) I can't remember as I write the last time I saw a goal down our end of the ground so Sturridge opening his Christmas present from our "defence" was actually a bit of a masochistic treat.

Better pull our fingers out otherwise December is going to be a f**king long bloody month.

I think the defensive tactics are not right. We don't press consistently but we don't drop off enough to close space in front of the back for either. Wanyama and Clasie are often neither here nor there.

Couple that with centre backs falling asleep and we're going to concede. I think there's maybe a lack of characters in the squad now. We could do with signing a couple of mentally resilient players.

Really, it's going to be a boring and frustrating season where we squander opportunities (this and the Europa).

I guess the hope is that we start next season with players who've grown from their experiences this season (Cedric, Clasie, Van Dijk) and only lose one or two first teamers.

But, importantly, we need to address our patterns of play. We don't look well drilled at the moment but we have enough quality to beat the bottom half of the league.

Holy.. I just watched the lowlights.. problems everywhere.

goal 1: Caulker loses track of Sturridge. Sturridge's bad first touch bails out Caulker. Caulker should have engaged Sturridge. Stek has to get down and stop that. Awful.

goal 2: Caulker and Cedric need to communicate. Sturridge shot is fluffy soft. Bounces off Stek into goal. Stek has to get down and stop that. Awful.

goal 3: Origi gets a bit lucky, but Stek has to get down and stop that. Awful.

goal 4: Origi with a class shot. Credit Origi

goal 5: Wanyama gets beat then loafs about, giving Moreno all the time in the world. VvD completely misjudges the cross; giving Ibe a clear look. Stek has to get down and stop that. Awful.

goal 6: Wanyama lost at CB, makes no attempt on the cross, Origi heads it in. Easy Peazy. Awful.

5 of their 6 goals were due to obvious errors that novice football fans could easily pick out. What a mess.

Garbage

All fart and no shjt

Laughable post ... so you saying Kelvin would have saved all 6 of them :mcinnes:

Apart from possibally 2nd one, no goalie would have saved any of them!

Just cannot believe how a team that shipped the fewest goals in the Prem has become defensively a complete joke and essentially because of one man - Caulker. But then Clasie is nowhere near Spidermans level and that has made a huge difference. Pelle is terribly inconsistent - 1/5 performances are Prem worthy and so he's not reliable enough. Not sure where we go from here...lose against Villa and things start looking very bleak.

I told you this would happen before the game. Without Fonte we are an utter shambles and those players who visibly gave up should be ashamed. More leaders required in that dressing room. Who blames Koeman not looking to sign a new deal when we just can't compete when it matters.

Those of you at the game booing Lallana should be utterly ashamed of yourselves. After everything that player gave for this club and where he has taken us to now. He made the right choice clearly and I don't blame him one bit. Each and every one of you would do the same to further your careers.

F&ck off

It's 3am and I am still seething with anger. I don't usually get this annoyed but what we saw last night was an absolute disgrace. The whole club from Katrina down need to get a grip, decide if they seriously want Champions League and then behave accordingly. If they truly want that, it begins in competitions like this. I cannot accept that this was a blip and I will not accept any player who thinks they deserve to wear the shirt based on a performance like that.

There is absolutely no excuse for a player to just stop playing like we saw last night - especially in the Premier League. I would rather see a player walk off the pitch than stay on and do nothing.

Total bullsh!t performance. Liverpool didn't play that well, we just made them look good by failing to play at all. Totally unacceptable.

I thing the Champs league talk was something to try and capture the imagination of the fans .

Our brand of budget football is not designed to hit those heights as any player who shows skill is promptly sold .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Spot on. How can we possibly claim Champions League football is the aim, when we continue with the transfer strategy we have?

Last season was sadly as close as we will ever get. This year the league is far more competitive. Liverpool and Spurs have both improved significantly, as well as the likes of Stoke and Leicester.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

A few things we missed last night: leadership (I literally couldn't tell you who was captain last night), any semblance of talking or organisation across the keeper and back 4 .. none what so ever. Fitness and conditioning, just embarrassing, Liverpool quicker, stronger, in all areas, we've gone from being super-fit under Poch to looking like a bunch of parks players. Desire, hunger, will to win, were all non-existent, we actually looked like we were up for it the first 15 minutes but when their first goal went in we just chucked the towel in, I didn't see any belief or desire to get back in it at any stage. Formation/tactics, again back in park land, huge hole in the middle of the park, no cover for the full backs, Pelle 30m from any supporting player .. just rubbish hoofball a lot of the time.

Can't keep putting these below par performances down to it being an up and down transition type season, our transfer policy decrees that every season will be a transition and we've seen the evidence of it too many times already this season, essentially Wanyama and Mane are gone and just going through the motions, Bertrand looks the same to me, he's half the player he was last season, Pelle gets more irritable/negative by the game, though obvs he had nothing to work with last night tbf.

No plan B at all, a squad full of one-paced, one-dimensional journey men, if that's all we've got then we need to get back to basics, set-up from the back and make ourselves much much much harder to play against. I really can't believe the academy loans would have done any worse last night. Second cup competition this season we've exited with barely a whimper, seems like the fans want it much more than the players do!

We were poor but to be fair Pool looked very good, looks like Klopp is having an effect up there and if he can keep it going then they may go a long way.

We need to learn from this and quickly get it out of our system with a win against Villa. Thankfully the fixture list has given us a great chance to get our mojo back ASAP.

Been a strange topsy turvy season so far, cups have been poor but the league has been overall not bad.

Lallana parasite. Posed as a SFC ITK while gaybeard was here. Miraculously doesn't support us now.

Not wanting to jump on the bandwagon, but that is what I find a bit strange.

Yes, you have a mate who plays football, so it is natural that you follow him and how he does. But a supporter supports a club not a player, and if the player moves on it doesn't or shouldn't mean you give up supporting the team. If you do so, as in this case, it really says a bit about you. Basically you are a poodle riding on the coat tails of the success of a mate.

As an aside, bringing family into things questioning who the father is of a baby is somewhat uncalled for.

Can't help thinking that this slump is because of the onset of the transfer window and perhaps some players now not giving their all for fear of injury and ruining their little moves. What else could explain Wanyama's sudden attitude and lack of oomph? Or maybe he just doesn't give a toss.

I thought Liverpool were very clever in slowing the game down and killing momentum and atmosphere at key points. Tackle on Wanyama after 5 mins, Sturridge just standing in front of the ball for however long he wanted when our defender was trying to take a free kick, Kopp is pretty sharp at gamesmanship.

Utterly terrible ref and lino in front of the Itchen, some of the decisions were a complete joke, did a single 50/50 go our way.

Service to Pelle - I'm sure plenty will enjoy giving him stick, but all we do is float lumped balls up to him, inviting the likes of Skrtel (who is a top CB) the chance to smash in the back of him. Combine that we've no protection from the ref, I'd be a pretty p*****d off centre forward.

Midfield let us down yesterday, completely bypassed, slow, couldn't keep possession, Liverpool were everything we were not.

Caulker and Stekelenberg very, very poor..

Liverpool were very, very good once they got their tail up, stating the obvious, but a great appointment in Klopp.

If Wanyama isn't putting in a shift because he thinks he's off in .january he should be immediately dropped from the squad, reminded that he has a contract to fulfil and left to train with the youth until he sorts his attitude out.

If anyone else is proving to be a disruptive influence in the changing room they need to be removed immediately no matter who they are.

I thought Liverpool were very clever in slowing the game down and killing momentum and atmosphere at key points. Tackle on Wanyama after 5 mins, Sturridge just standing in front of the ball for however long he wanted when our defender was trying to take a free kick, Kopp is pretty sharp at gamesmanship.

Utterly terrible ref and lino in front of the Itchen, some of the decisions were a complete joke, did a single 50/50 go our way.

Service to Pelle - I'm sure plenty will enjoy giving him stick, but all we do is float lumped balls up to him, inviting the likes of Skrtel (who is a top CB) the chance to smash in the back of him. Combine that we've no protection from the ref, I'd be a pretty p*****d off centre forward.

Midfield let us down yesterday, completely bypassed, slow, couldn't keep possession, Liverpool were everything we were not.

Caulker and Stekelenberg very, very poor..

Liverpool were very, very good once they got their tail up, stating the obvious, but a great appointment in Klopp.

No. Any team would look good if given the amount of time and space they were allowed last night.

If Wanyama isn't putting in a shift because he thinks he's off in .january he should be immediately dropped from the squad, reminded that he has a contract to fulfil and left to train with the youth until he sorts his attitude out.

If anyone else is proving to be a disruptive influence in the changing room they need to be removed immediately no matter who they are.

Conversely, with performances like that, who will pay the £ that Saints will demand? He'll be going nowhere.

If he genuinely wants a move, I don't understand how they're so thick as to not realise that playing the football of their life will open up more doors and more £ for them and the club. Morgan is a good example of that - gave us a very good last season and got a well earned move to the biggest club in the world (still).

Several players just looked lost last night, there is a serious lack of morale at play I think.