The big lump up top

The good little 'en to pick up his flicks

The midfield terrier

So all we need in the pacy wideman and we've got the perfect 1985 set up

Plus out spiteful nickname front 4 would be superb

AnDross---what a waste of mane---Turdic

---------Pelle end-------

With Gashton on the bench

He played for their under 21s against ours the other day. I believe Targett had him under control throughout the match - there may be footage somewhere.

Trademark shot at 1:00... and a nice cross at 01:45....

Edited by trousers

Last few years I'd say no...this year, I'd say yes.

We need some more attacking threat, he has a bit of pace, and he shouldn't be too expensive either, and can take a shot from outside of the box, which is a rarity in our side.

He does shoot but I would prefer someone with more accuracy. Someone said earlier we shouldnt just buy bench warmers but we should buy players who expect to start and let them all fight it out for a starting place. Long was bought as a bench warmer and we have a few others we know will always be on the bench. I would rather see one or two players come in who you would expect to start a game for real competition in the squad.

I can't stand him as a player. A selfish one trick pony that got sussed out. Wingers playing on the wrong side doesn't work unless you've got special ability. Bale, Ronaldo, Robben can do it because they're good enough to shoot so accurately from distance, but when average players try it it just doesn't work.

Feel as though it's probably inevitable we'll sign him. Been linked with him for so long that there must be some truth in it. Another Caulker-esque signing

I would take him on loan, If Koeman can get the best out of him I think he could offer us some pace and creativity on the wings. Sure Andros has fallen on bad terms at Spurs but I don't think he should be written off completely, To many armchair football managers on here! who think they know best.

Loan with option to buy is low risk and if Koeman gets the best out of him Brucey Bonus :). He obviously needs to replicate the form that got him in the England Squad and needs to learn to be less selfish on the ball but I think he has alot of attributes that can serve us well.

Yes I know youtube videos can be biased :) but the man does has some skills

I haven't been on this board that long so can older hands tell me whether any player we've acquired has ever been greeted with unanimous agreement? What was the reaction when we bought Rickie for example?

Some are, some aren't. But you can guarantee if they don't play well straight away it was a bad signing.

I would take him on loan, If Koeman can get the best out of him I think he could offer us some pace and creativity on the wings. Sure Andros has fallen on bad terms at Spurs but I don't think he should be written off completely, To many armchair football managers on here! who think they know best.

Loan with option to buy is low risk and if Koeman gets the best out of him Brucey Bonus :). He obviously needs to replicate the form that got him in the England Squad and needs to learn to be less selfish on the ball but I think he has alot of attributes that can serve us well.

Yes I know youtube videos can be biased :) but the man does has some skills

But as has already been pointed out we can't take any more UK loans without either releasing or buying one of the 2 players that we already have on loan from other English clubs.

So we either sign Stek or Caulker on a more permanent basis or not sign anyone else from England on loan.

Got it ???

Edited by Window Cleaner

Agreed, it's worrying they said we'd wanted him for years. I assume that means from Spurs when he'd have been signed as a first teamer instead of Lovren or Toby? Frightening. There's just no way Stephens or Turnbull could be worse as 4th choice, and think how much cheaper!

Perhaps Gardos will be back soon..

Just his agent trying to get him a game......

If Spurs offered us 10 million to take Dross Townsend off their hands we would be being ripped off. He is exactly what we DONT need. He is a forward who never score goals - 14 in total in his entire career of which only 3 came in the top division. His main attribute is stupidity although losing possession is also a speciality.

We need to spend money in January to IMPROVE our attacking options. He will offer us nothing. Better to give chances to our academy kids than waste a place and a lot of money on Townsend. Signing him would indicate expecting to go down as at best he is a championship player. If we can't do better then this we are truly doomed. I can only hope this is just agent talk trying to get this lump off their hands.

I think we need to strengthen the defence, particularly in the centre. When Fonte doesn't play it's only a matter of time. Oh, and a defensive midfielder to protect them, because Wanyama is just a bit disinterested/off. Then we could do with a goal scorer. So in summary, defence, midfield and attack. Might need a keeper too.

What club doesn't?

Anyone signing Townsend would be hoping he can fulfil his potential and score 10-15. Yeah seems unlikely but you never know.

I think you must be looking at the wrong Andros Townsend. This one under discussion, well 15 league goals must be somewhere in the region of his entire career contribution.

I think we need to strengthen the defence, particularly in the centre. When Fonte doesn't play it's only a matter of time. Oh, and a defensive midfielder to protect them, because Wanyama is just a bit disinterested/off. Then we could do with a goal scorer. So in summary, defence, midfield and attack. Might need a keeper too.

Other than that, we're in great shape.

the interesting peice for me was not that he is available but for 6million.

it's not the £6 million I'd be thinking about , but the thought that a £50K /week salary for 4 years ...would set us back another £10 million on top :scared:

and ....if 50K wasn't enough for his agent ......well .....you can do the maths yourself .....IMHO ...forget him !

• 1 month later...

This guy is seriously over rated by some fans. Doesn't bring anything to the team apart from running at defenders with very little end product and wayward shots from range. There were two stats doing the rounds on Twitter yesterday that summed him up nicely:

Andros Townsend has had 102 shots from outside the box in the Premier League, scoring with three of them. Thump.

Paul Robinson (1) has only scored two fewer goals for Tottenham than Andros Townsend (3).

Rather have Shane Long any day for that price.