Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

If Fonte does go to Utd, I personally wouldn't object to Jones coming in the other direction. I think if he plays regularly in a settled position he may start to fulfil his potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too injury prone. That's been the biggest stumbling block to his progression.

:D

I guess the dross from them needs to lessen and my following dross would have less places to go ;)

You are certainly going some to be more annoying than Glasgow, not to mention derailing most (if not all threads)... Pretty special when every opinion different to yours is dross and all you can do is slag of those involved.

Are you Les Reed?

You are certainly going some to be more annoying than Glasgow, not to mention derailing most (if not all threads)... Pretty special when every opinion different to yours is dross and all you can do is slag of those involved.

Are you Les Reed?

Never said every opinion is dross just the repetitive s h it

Tough if you don't like it.

Why the pop at Reed.....or just didn't want to miss the chance to dig at the club again?... pathetic

Get French Football ‏@GFFN 4m4 minutes ago

Rachid Ghezzal rejects Everton offer, Southampton have also made contact, extension talks with Lyon rumble on http://goo.gl

Get French Football ‏@GFFN 31s31 seconds ago

Rachid Ghezzal told Everton this afternoon that he wanted European football & that his decision is final, according to L'Équipe.

Being rumored that Saints are in for a French striker. No names given but a player wanted by Puel

It's probably that Sebastian Haller guy that keeps coming up. Hope for someone better though personally.

Has he got any reputation as ITK?

Seems to get a fair bit right and is reasonably well informed so I'd treat what he has to say relatively seriously. He has said he still hopes we will convince Jose to stay but that it's 80:20 in favour of him going.

Good move for Rodriguez just to get playing again.hard to count him as an option unless he shows he still has it. But we need a major boost in quality with or without him.

Amazed at this summer really. Yes there's time left but I can only see a typical cheap signing now. I'm all for youth players and bargain deals but they need to be combined with a couple of big signings to at very least maintain first team quality.

Agree, this summer has been quite surreal. Big week for us up ahead, hope we've got a couple up our sleeve. If we haven't it's going to be a long old season!

Good move for Rodriguez just to get playing again.hard to count him as an option unless he shows he still has it. But we need a major boost in quality with or without him.

Amazed at this summer really. Yes there's time left but I can only see a typical cheap signing now. I'm all for youth players and bargain deals but they need to be combined with a couple of big signings to at very least maintain first team quality.

Typical; as in the same as other signings late in the window - Virgil, Mané, Toby, Osvaldo and Ramirez

Get French Football ‏@GFFN 44s44 seconds ago

Everton sent photos of the houses of some of their players in an attempt to convince Rachid Ghezzal to join them! In vain! (Goal France)

Earlier it was reported that Ghezzal turned down Everton, with Saints also interested as he wants European football. However, the reports say there is internal conflict in his entourage as his father wants him to stay at Lyon and renew his contract while other advisers are trying to convince him to leave.

Earlier it was reported that Ghezzal turned down Everton, with Saints also interested as he wants European football. However, the reports say there is internal conflict in his entourage as his father wants him to stay at Lyon and renew his contract while other advisers are trying to convince him to leave.

I recall that too. They also said that in their opinion, Ghezzal isn't ready for a move yet. VERY talented, but very raw.

Everton sent photos of the houses of some of their players in an attempt to convince Rachid Ghezzal to join them! In vain! (Goal France)

if that does not work, it will be pictures of the dugouts next

reckon our rumoured 3 in will be a CB, a Striker and an AM

fonte and Jrod to leave

Who do you think Semedo , Stanciu and Haller?

at best. not one of the signings will get saints fans in general excited.

it will all be a bit meh in light of the spine of the team being flogged off

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/22/arsenal-suffer-another-transfer-setback-as-west-brom-demand-25m/

Jeremy Wilson saying Rodriguez going is dependent on another striker being brought in, with Haller amongst those under consideration. Also says club won't sell Fonte even if he doesn't accept the new deal.

I can imagine this didn't go down too well with him:

Southampton are also adamant that their captain Jose Fonte will not leave this summer and has the choice now simply between accepting the offer of an improved contract or remaining on his current wages for a deal that does not expire until 2018.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/22/arsenal-suffer-another-transfer-setback-as-west-brom-demand-25m/

Jeremy Wilson saying Rodriguez going is dependent on another striker being brought in, with Haller amongst those under consideration. Also says club won't sell Fonte even if he doesn't accept the new deal.

Johnny Evans is worth what now?

Hoping that Haller isn't our mystery striker but I bet he will be. Would have liked someone with a proven track record in the Prem.

If it's to be Haller and Stanicu as our attacking signings then we are going to need to be patient as I expect both will take some time to get up to speed.

It is the report that had people talking on twitter the other day, but there is a bit all the translations from sportwitness didn't mention being a quote from the owner of the club saying he will sell for £10m, our offer at the time that was written was £7.7m (€9m)

I can imagine this didn't go down too well with him:

He signed he contract in the first place, he's stuck with it. The club are right to show they can't be bullied by players for a move. Two situations can come of the club refusing to sell: 1) Fonte kicks off at having to stay, let him waste the tail end of his career playing with youth. He's too old to see out the next two years and then expect a big money move, and the club are used to wasting wages on players such as Ramirez for years. 2) He realises what little chance he has of getting his move, bites the bullet and signs the new contract. He's bled for this club for six and a half years, I can't see it as too much of a stretch for him to decide to stay and play. We're not exactly offering paupers wages, and we are in Europe.

That said of course, if the club do decide to flog him, that nullifies my point. I still think (and hope) he'll still be here come September, although his reputation could be tarnished by this.

It is the report that had people talking on twitter the other day, but there is a bit all the translations from sportwitness didn't mention being a quote from the owner of the club saying he will sell for £10m, our offer at the time that was written was £7.7m (€9m)

Cheers.

Good excuse to post this again?

Linked with Nottingham Forest's Oliver Burke (Via The Sun):

http://the72.co.uk/63150/southampton-look-to-championship-for-mane-replacement/?http://the72.co.uk/63150/southampton-look-to-championship-for-mane-replacement/?

(Not sure how he fits in as he's an out-and-out wide-man, but looks a huge talent).

Edited by SuperSAINT
Updated to keep Norm happy ;)

Yeah, I think we've outbid Anderlecht for him but we need to offer more. Might be wrong though.

Shirt no 12 is free, though...