Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Stanciu, Boufal and Haller would be good, if Rodriguez is leaving. still leave us with plenty of striking options and no10s.

Would love a good DM too but unlikely now. Least those would add a little excitement.

Haller is a good player player for the Dutch league but too slow for the PL. Right now there's only one player in Holland available and affordable for Saints who could really do a gooed job at SMS: Ziyech from Twente. He would really add some creativity the Saints are desperate for.

Don't think that the word replacement is being used extensively enough. Could any posters that haven't used please edit their posts to include it. Thanks people and let's be careful out there.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Would much rather Ziyech to Stanciu, seems weird if we go for the latter.

We have creativity in Tadic, what we're lacking since Mané left is an attacking X Factor. The question is, which of those two has more of that? Stanciu from what I've read. Still, it'd be brilliant to get both! However unlikely.

I still wonder why no-one has had a pop at Ziyech yet. Maybe there's something we're not seeing...

We have creativity in Tadic, what we're lacking since Mané left is an attacking X Factor. The question is, which of those two has more of that? Stanciu from what I've read. Still, it'd be brilliant to get both! However unlikely.

I still wonder why no-one has had a pop at Ziyech yet. Maybe there's something we're not seeing...

Definitely strange nobody has signed him already. Maybe his wage demands are ridiculous or his agent is hard work.

Please stick to the thread and stop taking the p*ss or I will remove you for the rest of the window.

Your sarcasm is both boring and draining.

Of all the c r a p that's been spouted on this thread, you chose these posts to single out and threaten with a ban. At least it's vaguely transfer related

At a guess, the signing that is almost over the line is likely to be Stanciu IMO, we were what about £2 million away from the fee they wanted according to the reports. We also look like the only club linked.

I think he could be our Payet, of course he could another Gaston but let's stay positive!

Other one could be Bouffal as lots more issues there and more interest from other clubs I reckon, plus he's injured currently.

Got to be something wrong with Ziyech, can't see how a guy of that age, available at that fee with the record he's had over the last few years not being picked up by someone.

I mean he's got far more pedigree than Janssen and is cheaper.

Ok. I am officially ITK on this.

Les Reed and (can't remember his name) are going to London right now.

Saw them at Soton Central using the machines

d1a159790a430665e51899f0d775d6e8.jpg

Edit: it's Ross...they're in Starbucks....ill see what I can hear :)

Edited by SO16_Saint

Of all the c r a p that's been spouted on this thread, you chose these posts to single out and threaten with a ban. At least it's vaguely transfer related

Football forums are serious business and there is absolutely no place for jokes or sarcasm....

Just to keep on topic - what about Loic Remy? Would be avaliable I'd presume and premiership experience and definitely has goals in him

Les can't get it to work. Not used to buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sure that's Les?

Absolutely. Couldnt mistake his pearly accent. Also Ross said "what do you want, Les" and Les replied "caramel Latte please, Ross". They also had a bottle of water, and a biscuit.

*cant believe how much attention I paid to their Starbucks order*

Absolutely. Couldnt mistake his pearly accent. Also Ross said "what do you want, Les" and Les replied "caramel Latte please, Ross". They also had a bottle of water, and a biscuit.

*cant believe how much attention I paid to their Starbucks order*

Now we know where all our transfer profits are going :(

So Wilson is head of Scouting and recruitment, so would he be needed if they were meeting a player in London? And do they need a finance guy for contracts?

BTW going on a wild guess they might be meeting Stanciu, I can't see any direct flights from Bucharest to Southampton so would make sense for him to fly into London.

Haller is a good player player for the Dutch league but too slow for the PL. Right now there's only one player in Holland available and affordable for Saints who could really do a gooed job at SMS: Ziyech from Twente. He would really add some creativity the Saints are desperate for.

Not really true if you ask me. There are more players in Holland atm who could be really good in the PL and who we could afford.

Pröpper for example would probably be the best option for us, even a better option as Ziyech for the diamond Puel wants to play in. Unless we switch back to 4-3-3 there really ain't no use in buying Ziyech.

And then there are quite a few other players who would be interesting and affordable for us.

I do agree on Haller tho, I don't see it either in him.

Go on Uncle Les get it sorted!

Hope he has his receipt still for expenses

From the Fonte thread:

There has been NO bid from Manchester United or any other club for Jose Fonte at this point in time

and neither is there expected to be.

I realise there are 2 threads running so I'll inlcude this one here and that is I'm led to believe that the club have virtually completed one signing

and are in advanced stages on a 2nd, nothing I have seen suggests there will be 3 signings coming into the club.

Keep in mind, the transfer window is coming to an end and the usual paper trash /agent spin will be heightened.