Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Other than Shane Longs scuff shot I don't remember a single shot on goal. Definitely definitely definitely did not have 13 shots on goal. Unless they are counting Forsters goal kicks?

some cut and paste for you;

2' Attempt blocked. Dusan Tadic (Southampton) left footed shot from outside the box is blocked.

15' Attempt missed. Dusan Tadic (Southampton) left footed shot from the left side of the box is high and wide to the left. Assisted by Shane Long.

26' Attempt blocked. Virgil van Dijk (Southampton) right footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked. Assisted by Steven Davis.

26' Attempt missed. Shane Long (Southampton) right footed shot from the right side of the box is close, but misses to the right. Assisted by Nathan Redmond with a headed pass.

32' Attempt saved. Shane Long (Southampton) left footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Dusan Tadic.

44' Attempt missed. Steven Davis (Southampton) right footed shot from outside the box is too high. Assisted by Dusan Tadic.

57' Attempt blocked. Shane Long (Southampton) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Matt Targett.

58' Attempt missed. Nathan Redmond (Southampton) right footed shot from the left side of the box is close, but misses to the left. Assisted by Steven Davis with a headed pass.

61' Attempt missed. Jordy Clasie (Southampton) left footed shot from outside the box is high and wide to the left. Assisted by Nathan Redmond.

75' Attempt missed. Shane Long (Southampton) header from the right side of the six yard box misses to the left. Assisted by Cédric Soares with a cross.

78' Attempt missed. Virgil van Dijk (Southampton) header from the centre of the box is high and wide to the left. Assisted by Pierre-Emile Højbjerg with a cross.

87' Attempt missed. Dusan Tadic (Southampton) left footed shot from the centre of the box is close, but misses to the left. Assisted by Matt Targett.

89' Attempt missed. Dusan Tadic (Southampton) left footed shot from outside the box is high and wide to the left. Assisted by Pierre-Emile Højbjerg.

definitely definitely definitely...

Great to see the happy clappers out in force as we sleep walk to relegation if we are not careful. Totally underwhelmed with our summer transfer activity at present but I will reserve judgement until 1st September when the window is closed. Think the board are complacent and we have gone massively backwards by trying to do things on the cheap like appointing Puel.

To say most fans are currently happy with current squad is a gross over statement as I have spoken to lots of Saints and do not know one who is currently happy as most think we have wasted a brilliant opportunity with European football to attract some exciting new players.

I do not care if we spend £5 million or £20 million on a player as long as they have potential and improve our team and squad.

So concerned but will see what the next 10 days bring

Some of the people on herearedoom merchants,get a life . We have had 2matches. I am sure that mores signings are on the cards.other premier managers had said how hard it is to complete transfers. Most years we have bad starts and then had late transfers. Cast your minds back to Ruperts final days , they were dark days enjoy the fact we are premier team.

Some of the people on herearedoom merchants,get a life . We have had 2matches. I am sure that mores signings are on the cards.other premier managers had said how hard it is to complete transfers. Most years we have bad starts and then had late transfers. Cast your minds back to Ruperts final days , they were dark days enjoy the fact we are premier team.

Mick McCarthy hits out at critics - 'We play one bad half and we’re all s*** and I'm a boring c***' https://t.co/rtklJge7Jf

What's the point in us keeping Jay Rod here right now? He won't get in the team and he needs constant matches to regain fitness to get him anywhere near where he was. He's useless in the role he's currently in and if we could loan him out for a year as part of a deal where we land Berahino it'd be great business.

What's the point in us keeping Jay Rod here right now? He won't get in the team and he needs constant matches to regain fitness to get him anywhere near where he was. He's useless in the role he's currently in and if we could loan him out for a year as part of a deal where we land Berahino it'd be great business.

Don't think anyone would mind if Berahino came in as part of deal

Don't think anyone would mind if Berahino came in as part of deal

Agreed.

On balance, much as I would prefer J-Rod to stay and win back his place here, it's going to be difficult for him to do so. A run of games in another prem team would be great for him.....better than the odd 20 minutes off the bench.

Should we be replacing now, we should be added.

Slightly different circumstances than normal. He's hardly kicked a ball for 2 seasons . Nobody knows if he'll get anywhere near the level he was . Sending him on loan to find out is not having the **** taken out of us . If anybody is taking the **** out of this deal it is us . Whether he'll get any more game time at west brom is debatable, other than that it's a great deal for us

That is exactly the point, particularly when results have hardly been disastrous, and we don't even know how the squad will look come the end of the window.

The concern is whether the bedwetters are prepared to give it the reasonable amount of time before they start casting judgement and, worse, booing or calling for the manager's head. Clearly the majority on here are not.

I'll give it a few more games, up to 9 or 10. By then we should have a better idea.

Stanciu would be decent so hope there's truth in that. Not sure we'd consider him a squad filler though. Only worry is that he's not particularly big and the Romanian league isn't the strongest.

You could say the same about the Austrian league where we signed Mané. He was a gamble, it just so happens it paid off. Stanciu would be the same gamble; whether it pays off or not, he is the type of person we should be looking at signing - decent stats in a poorer league than our own.

(He says, remembering what Steaua Bucharest did to us in Europe in 2003...)

Slightly different circumstances than normal. He's hardly kicked a ball for 2 seasons . Nobody knows if he'll get anywhere near the level he was . Sending him on loan to find out is not having the **** taken out of us . If anybody is taking the **** out of this deal it is us . Whether he'll get any more game time at west brom is debatable, other than that it's a great deal for us

I couldn't disagree more. We'll be playing 2 games a week soon. We need him in our squad, not playing for a rival. Fail to see how it's a good deal.

Great to see the happy clappers out in force as we sleep walk to relegation if we are not careful. Totally underwhelmed with our summer transfer activity at present but I will reserve judgement until 1st September when the window is closed. Think the board are complacent and we have gone massively backwards by trying to do things on the cheap like appointing Puel.

To say most fans are currently happy with current squad is a gross over statement as I have spoken to lots of Saints and do not know one who is currently happy as most think we have wasted a brilliant opportunity with European football to attract some exciting new players.

I do not care if we spend £5 million or £20 million on a player as long as they have potential and improve our team and squad.

So concerned but will see what the next 10 days bring

That's done it. You will be labelled a bedwetter for revealing your honest thoughts.

That's done it. You will be labelled a bedwetter for revealing your honest thoughts.

Pessimists - we are severely weakened and are going to be fighting relegation

Realists - as things stand, we have lost a few players and brought others in that on balance have made us weaker than last year

Optimists - we are no worse off than last year, and including the transfer of Austin, have replaced all those that left with equally good players.

Of course the realists view (as with all of them) is wholly subjective.

There is still time to bring people in, and I would just ask (like I mentioned earlier) why wait until the season has started? Of course the obvious answer might be because those players are waiting to see if their club qualifies for CL like we did with VVD. However, that leads to the question of what would happen to our target if his club did progress??

Now there is another point. If you are trying to maintain and grow a fan base, is the selling tactic really the best thing to do? You can see how disillusioned some current supporters are on these boards, and really, they have a very good case. Of course that has been mitigated by the fact that we have done better for the past few seasons, maybe out of luck, maybe out of skill. I think it is objective enough to say that currently this season the two Liverpool clubs, the two from Manchester and the four from London all look stronger than us. Maybe the Champions as well, and no doubt some will also say Stoke and Palace too.

Why does it matter? We'll either bring in no players or some players. Posters will react in a verify of ways. Some will spin it to meet their agenda. Rinse & repeat.

because this is a message board, this is a thread about summer transfers, there window is shutting very soon and be good to have some info to debate over

Should we be replacing now, we should be adding.

Use Rodriguez in for the Europa league, I still feel that given a bit of time and some confidence he could recapture his form. The poor lad must be physiologically poor place after what he's gone through.

But we need to make a few standout signings... the guys I go to games with are so underwhelmed with where we are right now. We ain't pushing on that's for sure. Yet....

Use Rodriguez in for the Europa league, I still feel that given a bit of time and some confidence he could recapture his form. The poor lad must be physiologically poor place after what he's gone through.

But we need to make a few standout signings... the guys I go to games with are so underwhelmed with where we are right now. We ain't pushing on that's for sure. Yet....

Agreed Toby.

That was Monk's source wasn't it? I believe K,Billy is higher up the ITK tree.

As Guan said correct.

Now he is no longer an employee I can now share how I knew him. We was both on a coaching course together in Hampshire, whilst he was a foundation coach part time at Saints. He was then asked to translate and help Gaston Ramirez to settle in the area and translated on the pitch. He then stayed and helped Pochettino informally and remained part of the support coaching staff when Ronald came in.

A lot of people were very shocked he made the jump from community coaching to elite professional coaching- lets put it that way!

Anyway now at Everton, haven't spoken in a long time!

I have friends working at Saints but only in the foundation and youth development phase (5-16)

As Guan said correct.

Now he is no longer an employee I can now share how I knew him. We was both on a coaching course together in Hampshire, whilst he was a foundation coach part time at Saints. He was then asked to translate and help Gaston Ramirez to settle in the area and translated on the pitch. He then stayed and helped Pochettino informally and remained part of the support coaching staff when Ronald came in.

A lot of people were very shocked he made the jump from community coaching to elite professional coaching- lets put it that way!

I have friends working at Saints but only in the foundation and youth development phase (5-16)

Thanks Monk. I recall you mentioning him several times on here.

As Guan said correct.

Any real gossip to share? Was Ronald ever going to stay? Did pardew bang fontes missus? Does reed really believe the champions league stuff he says?

Any real gossip to share? Was Ronald ever going to stay? Did pardew bang fontes missus? Does reed really believe the champions league stuff he says?

APPARENTLY. Under the premise Saints signed the targets he wanted if they couldn't keep Victor and Sadio. He then tried to use Everton as a bargaining tool and Saints didn't budge.