Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

That's bull!! Puel has called Ghezzal direct and will have persuaded him to join us.....

The information you have must be false....

Our dynamic leader will have sold Ghez the vision and the diamond potential

So I have just read...... We will see who is biggest draw Koeman or Claude.

Where is your money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klopp says Danny Ings is not needed at Liverpool. If he's injury free, worth a pop?

Although I can see him back at Burnley...

If he is cheap we might go in for him. The sort of player that could turn around his fortunes at SFC and after a couple of years we could sell on for a good profit. Maybe worth a try.

So I have just read...... We will see who is biggest draw Koeman or Claude.

Where is your money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not the managers that count it is the size and pedigree of the club. Everton are clearly a club that has huge potential, ambition and financial backing.

Having said that SFC is a good club to go to if you want to get your career going and put yourself in the shop window for better things. This is what we can offer that other clubs are not prepared for.

Any ideas how much he would cost ? Cant' see us offering more that 5 or 6 million.

Well the compensation Liverpool paid was £6.5 million, and if the Benteke deal is the bar, they're trying to recoup what they paid for players. In today's market that's more like £10 million. Agree I'd have a stab at £5 million or so. Still got his best years ahead of him.

Ghezzal/Boufal/Fekir ... all three would be a perfect fit in the diamond system, playing behind Long or Redmond. But it's not going to happen. Remember what happened to RK, he left for a reason. Do you think Koeman was a fool? That he was just after more money for himself? He clealry didn't have the green light to pull the trigger on this high-profile players. Now Koeman is doing well in Everton and we are lagging behind, everyone else is strengthening their squad. I hope they do get one of this players or it's going to be a very ordinary season, and a step backwards from where we were last year.

Klopp says Danny Ings is not needed at Liverpool. If he's injury free, worth a pop?

Although I can see him back at Burnley...

I think we've filled our quota of ex-Burnley strikers with dodgy knees.

Ings hasn't proven he's fully back up to speed after his serious ACL injury. We'd be pretty desperate to be throwing money at him, IMHO.

There is more FFP if anything, you can only make a certain loss each season, but in the PL you cannot use the new TV money to increase wages more than £7M or so a season. To go over the £7M limit you can only use commercial and profit from selling players. Hence why we cannot compete on wages and keep all our best players.

We can use the new TV income on transfer fees no problem, but our main constraint is wages I would guess.

FFP has been hugely relaxed. No clubs have been given anything other than a small fine and ffp is based over a three season period. To say it's holding us back from paying out better wages is crap. If we want to we can, but we don't want too. That's why our players leave all the time yet the likes of WHU, Stoke etc keep their players.

FFP has been hugely relaxed. No clubs have been given anything other than a small fine and ffp is based over a three season period. To say it's holding us back from paying out better wages is crap. If we want to we can, but we don't want too. That's why our players leave all the time yet the likes of WHU, Stoke etc keep their players.

Seeing as we are run with business in mind, it's not likely we're going to break FFP rules and take the £millions fine.

Ghezzal/Boufal/Fekir ... all three would be a perfect fit in the diamond system, playing behind Long or Redmond. But it's not going to happen. Remember what happened to RK, he left for a reason. Do you think Koeman was a fool? That he was just after more money for himself? He clealry didn't have the green light to pull the trigger on this high-profile players. Now Koeman is doing well in Everton and we are lagging behind, everyone else is strengthening their squad. I hope they do get one of this players or it's going to be a very ordinary season, and a step backwards from where we were last year.

But our choice is to either sign quality players or financially implode like Portsmouth. Surely we want to avoid the latter?

Don't think there is such a thing as FFP anymore?! Hence why Wolves are going to go and spent ca £20m on Talisca from Benfica.

Would be great to hear from Guan or K,Billy...all very very silent.

Haven't heard of any other moves which is why i've been silent. But i'll speak to kbilly to double check. :?

Middlesbrough have net loss spend of £22m this summer

West Ham have a net loss spend of £34m this summer

Bournemouth have a net loss spend of £14m this summer

Watford have a net loss spend of £27m this summer

Southampton have a net profit of £40m this summer

No FFP hasn't been relaxed. As Latheal has said the money is their for players but wages are an issue we can't compete on because of FFP.

Latheal appears well informed. If you look at his posts you'll see that he's said there'll be no number 10 coming in if Fonte gets his rise, but that if he goes there'll be wages to redistribute. Guan has now said there's no irons in the fire.

Middlesbrough have net loss spend of £22m this summer

West Ham have a net loss spend of £34m this summer

Bournemouth have a net loss spend of £14m this summer

Watford have a net loss spend of £27m this summer

Southampton have a net profit of £40m this summer

Glasgow, you've created a whole thread of your own to bang on and on and on about net spend. Why not keep it there? This is a thread about potential signings.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

It isn't Tello. But i do have some bad news. The player's club have rejected our last offer, so the move looks dead. Guess they actually wanted to keep him, and weren't just jacking up the price. I regret I don't have better tidings, as I know it's not exactly happy on here at the moment.

If this deal is dead now surely u can say who it was, So we can see what type of player we are looking at?

So Guan says no one else incoming (unless I've misinterpreted). Question for posters like CB Fry, is it still "obvious" that there's an incoming? I'm now convinced our business is done. Disappointed and let down if so.

So Guan says no one else incoming (unless I've misinterpreted). Question for posters like CB Fry, is it still "obvious" that there's an incoming? I'm now convinced our business is done. Disappointed and let down if so.

Then you're a fool. Absolutely no indication that we aren't bringing anyone else in. Certainly not enough evidence to be "convinced." oh and Guan never said that no one else was coming in.

Then you're a fool. Absolutely no indication that we aren't bringing anyone else in. Certainly not enough evidence to be "convinced." oh and Guan never said that no one else was coming in.

I mean he said he hadn't heard of any other moves which, given he is the resident ITK, indicates to me there's no one coming in or at least no one close or imminent. I hope I'm wrong but I must say most on here are convinced we will sign someone purely because it's inconceivable/would be irresponsible if we didn't. To be clear, I agree with all who say that we need to sign players and that the sensible thing to do would be to sign at least another attacker. However, the news from the ITKs and the news out of the club via Jeremy Wilson leads me to the conclusion, at the moment, that we've missed out on who we wanted to get and don't have any others in the pipeline. If I'm wrong I'll happily eat humble pie but I do find it amazing that others on here remain almost convinced of a significant signing without a shred of evidence and in fact with relatively significant evidence indicating that there's no one coming.

3 players. Calm it.

Hope this is correct. Striker who can hold it up, pacy winger/amc and DMC - which before Watford I didn't think we needed but the first 2 games must have made the club as well as us realise we do. Hojbjerg would be sensational further forward. Davis won't maintain his levels with the extra games plus the Euros and JWP needs a season long loan in the championship.

Would ideally want the attacking players ready for Sunderland and at least on the bench. DMC might be the deadline day deal

Loan out Jay Rod

Sell Fonte

Sell Clasie

Bring in 3 X average squad players for £8-10m total

If this is what you expect than you are as much of a cock as you seem.

if it's what you WANT than you are as much of a cock as you seem.

If this is your usual WUM attempt than you are as much of a cock as you seem.

If this is what you expect than you are as much of a cock as you seem.

if it's what you WANT than you are as much of a cock as you seem.

If this is your usual WUM attempt than you are as much of a cock as you seem.

you dont think no one else will leave?

you dont think no one else will leave?

Can only see fringe players leaving now (Martina etc) The club has tended to dig their heels in over important players leaving once we get to the latter stages of the window. Any they have decided to cash in on get sold early.