Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Yes, I think that was what he was called.

Any good?

He was linked a little while ago. Plays as an AMC.

Handy little YouTube video too.

He's quite small as well if I recall.

youtu.be/8KXjTfc36m8

Edited by SuperSAINT

Can only see fringe players leaving now (Martina etc) The club has tended to dig their heels in over important players leaving once we get to the latter stages of the window. Any they have decided to cash in on get sold early.

Correct, we are strong as f*ck when it comes to keeping players.

Lukaku staying at Everton. Who'd have thunk.

Re: stanciu. Steauas owner said a pl club had offered £7m for the player. This morning Romanian press named Saints as the club that made the offer. We were linked earlier in the window as well so may have been one we had to wait on until they get dumped out of the cl.

Can't see 3 players arriving, not unless 2 are leaving.

If I was a betting man I'd say no sales and we sign one attacker.

Fonte is possibly the only person who might leave.

Maybe J-Rod on loan, but we surely won't let them go unless we can get replacements as its getting close to deadline.

Good price

Good goal and assist rate

Good age

Tick, tick, tick

My only worry is its the Romanian league and how do you really judge players in such a poor league?

The best team in the league just got humped 5 nil at home (could have easily been 10 nil)

feck me that's some good news, highly unlikely they'll be squad players. maybe one squad filler in a cb who can also cover for DM (semedo comes to mind) who is young and wouldn't require to be started every game, and IMO more importantly a hoj style midfielder who actually carries some threat from midfield unlike all our MIDs who are anonymous at best offensively. AND hopefully our "marquee" signing will be a game changing attacker. AM preferably. good times!

I reckon Stanciu would be a squad filler. I expect he will leave Bucharest once there UCL exit confirmed.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Was thinking the same thing. Wenger subbed AOC yesterday, and was sub for their first game. Not likely I know, but he would be an amazing signing,

So Guan says no one else incoming (unless I've misinterpreted). Question for posters like CB Fry, is it still "obvious" that there's an incoming? I'm now convinced our business is done. Disappointed and let down if so.

Are you still going?

We're obviously signing someone.

So Guan says no one else incoming (unless I've misinterpreted). Question for posters like CB Fry, is it still "obvious" that there's an incoming? I'm now convinced our business is done. Disappointed and let down if so.

He didn't say that though did he? He hasn't heard himself.

For what it's worth, I believe their source has left for pastures new and both Kbilly and Guan don't receive the same level of info anymore (Fran Alonso).

Just one of the 3 a squad player.

I'd be happy if Denayer was the squad player. (But then again, why would he come here on loan if he's not going to get games?)

could we see this outside staplewood or St Mary's on deadline day? Can only hope

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2143[/ATTACH]

Certainly penetrates more accurately than us at Old Trafford ;)

Edited by SuperSAINT

He didn't say that though did he? He hasn't heard himself.

For what it's worth, I believe their source has left for pastures new and both Kbilly and Guan don't receive the same level of info anymore (Fran Alonso).

That was Monk's source wasn't it? I believe K,Billy is higher up the ITK tree.

I reckon Stanciu would be a squad filler. I expect he will leave Bucharest once there UCL exit confirmed.

You have got to laugh at the bl00dy experts on here, Chelsea were looking at him, but according to the above football guru, he is only good enough to be a 'squad' filler here.

Stanciu has good stats in terms of goals and assists in what is a poor league. Obviously if he does join he will be playing against much tougher opposition but he will be playing with much better players, sometimes players will shine because of who they play with not who they are playing against. Also the few times i have seen him in the euros and vs Man city he looked good to me, never looked out of his depth. Maybe thats just me watching with red tinted glasses as we are linked with him...

Stanciu has good stats in terms of goals and assists in what is a poor league. Obviously if he does join he will be playing against much tougher opposition but he will be playing with much better players, sometimes players will shine because of who they play with not who they are playing against. Also the few times i have seen him in the euros and vs Man city he looked good to me, never looked out of his depth. Maybe thats just me watching with red tinted glasses as we are linked with him...

https://pariurix.com/stanciu-la-mare-pret-in-anglia-9-milioane-de-euro-ofera-southampton-becali-fara-10-milioane-de-lire-nu-pleaca.html

According to this we have bid £9m, they want £10m and we have 10 days to think about it.

You have got to laugh at the bl00dy experts on here, Chelsea were looking at him, but according to the above football guru, he is only good enough to be a 'squad' filler here.

How many young foreign players at £7m are ready made for place in starting 11? Don't claim to be an expert at all but I think you will find I'll be right should he sign.

Agreed. Looks a tidy squad player - hopefully this is the squad player the Goddard is referring to.

Stanciu + 2 marquee signings (no more departures) and we are back in business

I mean he said he hadn't heard of any other moves which, given he is the resident ITK, indicates to me there's no one coming in or at least no one close or imminent. I hope I'm wrong but I must say most on here are convinced we will sign someone purely because it's inconceivable/would be irresponsible if we didn't. To be clear, I agree with all who say that we need to sign players and that the sensible thing to do would be to sign at least another attacker. However, the news from the ITKs and the news out of the club via Jeremy Wilson leads me to the conclusion, at the moment, that we've missed out on who we wanted to get and don't have any others in the pipeline. If I'm wrong I'll happily eat humble pie but I do find it amazing that others on here remain almost convinced of a significant signing without a shred of evidence and in fact with relatively significant evidence indicating that there's no one coming.

The evidence of the last four years clearly shows that we have done a lot of business towards the end of the window and that we have often said we are happy with what we have but buy players anyway. We have no history of bringing so much money in and then not spending any of it. We will buy one probably two players and you will be eating eating humble pie as you put it. Other less polite people would call it looking like a reactionary fool.

LOL at those believing we'll sign three new players before deadline. We'll be lucky to see one through the door (unless Les is panicking now of course).

You reckon the board has been sitting twiddling its thumbs and will only just be starting to go through things with a week to go?

Bony ?

We where crying out for a strong powerful centre forward against Man U

No re-sale value so no chance

Thought we looked very very lightweight against Watford and United so someone with Bonys power and strength would really help us. Instead we are going for a Romanian at 5'7 and 11 stone.....

Stanciu looks like a good fit for Tadic or Redmond's role. Floats from side to side, can carry the ball, likes a short pass around the box. Given JWP doesn't merit a start itbwpukd also be good to have another dead ball option. Quite why we never let VVD have a go from free-kicks I don't know.

I will be delighted if we sign 3 players but it will look a bit last minute panic mode. I personally would like us to sign a player who has played in the Pl and if a forward. Has scored a decent amount of goals as that is what we need most. My preference would be Bony as he is big strong and has played at a smaller club before making the big move. Hopefully he will want to really rekindle his career with us