Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Good post. People overlook ffp - it's a genuine hindrance for us and does limit our ability to compete on wages.

Its a lot worse than people think. And its absolutely no fault of the board. The rules are basically designed to help the top clubs and those who previously overspent. It basically screwed those like us (and Swansea) who had actually run a tight ship and is the main reason why West Ham can pay more wages than us for the same players. There is a reason we voted against it as we could see where it would lead - exactly where it has and those wondering why we can't pay players £100k a week would be wise to read up on it. Its not a question of whether we can afford it. Its the knock on effect, which we are seeing right now with Fonte. Increase everybody's wages, those already under contract will want/deserve a rise. if we increased to the crazy places of £100K a week, then did that for two or three others, we go over FFP and are open to points deductions, fines, all the other stuff. And seeing as we're not a Utd, the FA would probably do it as well. The TV revenue doesn't help massively with this, despite people thinking it does as that's already included in the year on year increase I believe. So yes, we have money to buy players. Yes we can actually pay them. The problem is, we're not allowed to.

The rule is a joke and I am totally with the club in how they are trying to combat it. Its behind the focus on the commercial revenue. The only strange thing is, if they just came out and just said it, or leaked it, I think most people would understand. Its not as if the players and the other clubs don't know.

And before people start claiming other clubs like Stoke, Palace, Hammers etc, etc pay more than us -

1. Hammers are on another world with regards to wage bill, look at where their wage bill was set when we came up together...the £52mil (now £60mil) per season does not apply to those that were already above it.

2. Ditto for Stoke

3. Palace aren't in Europe and just got new owners who injected equity...

Strangely, no. I had my meltdown three years ago. Wasn't bothered last summer about the ones that left, not bothered this year either. Club has earned my trust for now.

There is a lot of people asking where the money has gone, but its blatantly obvious. Its kinda ironic, really, that the club signs a load of 1st team players on increased wages to the club, then fans moan that we can't keep any players. Its arguable, that without the sales, we couldn't have made the offers - not just financially, but actually within FFP. Its worth reading Redslo's blogs on FFP and the only ways you can increase the wage ceiling. It may open a few eyes.

The club are doing the right thing in my mind. I actually don't expect anybody else in and I'd still be ok with that. We're not like other clubs, we're trying to be different, we've been pretty successful at it. It may not be as good this year as previous, but you know what, we're in Europe, we're no where near as bad as what's been written, we look half decent and we'll get better. We actually have players that seem to want to be here (excepting Fonte) and I wouldn't want to spunk £20mil on Ayew, £28mil on Bolasie, or £32mil on Benteke, (although I do think the latter is a good player for Palace).

I've enjoyed the ride back up. The only thing that really worries me is the formation, but Puel deserves respect and time. Be interesting to see if he goes to Utd with the same formation or changes it. There seems to be a core of Saints fans not excited by Puel - and that's fine, opinions are opinions. But the guy is yet to lose a game (god knows the meltdown when he does) and its was only a few months ago we were all jumping up and down at the Austin signing.

I'm quite excited to be honest. But I may also be deluded.

Excellent blog from George Weah's cousin which backs up what you say and pretty accurately addresses our current situation, the club's direction and how most Saints fans feel about it .

Well worth a read :

http://georgeweahscousin.com/what-do-saints-fans-really-want/

Its a lot worse than people think. And its absolutely no fault of the board. The rules are basically designed to help the top clubs and those who previously overspent. It basically screwed those like us (and Swansea) who had actually run a tight ship and is the main reason why West Ham can pay more wages than us for the same players. There is a reason we voted against it as we could see where it would lead - exactly where it has and those wondering why we can't pay players £100k a week would be wise to read up on it. Its not a question of whether we can afford it. Its the knock on effect, which we are seeing right now with Fonte. Increase everybody's wages, those already under contract will want/deserve a rise. if we increased to the crazy places of £100K a week, then did that for two or three others, we go over FFP and are open to points deductions, fines, all the other stuff. And seeing as we're not a Utd, the FA would probably do it as well. The TV revenue doesn't help massively with this, despite people thinking it does as that's already included in the year on year increase I believe. So yes, we have money to buy players. Yes we can actually pay them. The problem is, we're not allowed to.

The rule is a joke and I am totally with the club in how they are trying to combat it. Its behind the focus on the commercial revenue. The only strange thing is, if they just came out and just said it, or leaked it, I think most people would understand. Its not as if the players and the other clubs don't know.

And before people start claiming other clubs like Stoke, Palace, Hammers etc, etc pay more than us -

1. Hammers are on another world with regards to wage bill, look at where their wage bill was set when we came up together...the £52mil (now £60mil) per season does not apply to those that were already above it.

2. Ditto for Stoke

Sorry FFP remains a red herring - it certainly imposes limits but not to the extent you're suggesting. It isn't the main driver of, or constraint on the club's recruitment strategy. Redslo's original blogs, for instance, confused at a fundamental level the difference between players wages and club staff wages.

Edited by shurlock

We need at least 2 decent players per position

FF & McCarthy

Pied & Cedric

Bertrand & Targett

Fonte & Yoshida

VVD & Gardos

Romeu & Clasie

Davis & Reed

Hojbjerg & JWP

Tadic & ??

Austin & J-Rod

Long & Redmond

With a long season ahead and with all the talk of a CAM does anyone not think we are thin at CB ? Yosh is ok but always has a massive error in him, Gardos is perma-crocked.one injury to Fonte or VVD and we are screwed

I would say 2 players minimum are needed

Definitely, we're as vulnerable there as we are up front where we're short of reliable options especially with a goal threat.

No I don't think we are thin at centre back. Both yoshi and gardos are capable backups and we've also got England u21 Stephens. We definitely one quality attacking addition and I'd be pretty content if that turned out to be all we get.

Stephens is an unknown quantity but could be brought in for League Cup and possibly EL matches. Gardos is out, and Yoshida is too mistake prone for a run of games if needed.

Might not be the worst idea in the world (if - big if - Saints are recruiting more attacking talent).

Rodriguez needs to play games and prove that he can still cut it at this level. The signs so far haven't been promising - his pace and mobility seem seriously compromised.

At the moment he's at the back of the queue of our forward options.

Would have thought a three month loan to regain fitness was a good idea rather than a full season. Subject of course to bringing in an adequate replacement.

Sorry FFP remains a red herring - it certainly imposes limits but not to the extent you're suggesting. Redslo's original blogs, for instance, confused at a fundamental level the difference between players wages and club staff wages.

It absolutely isn't. Happy to completely disagree on this.

The above is not based on what Redslo says, I just think he does a very good job of explaining it. There are a host of sites that also explain it pretty well. We're also now under UEFA FFP. The only reason we could afford Austin in Jan was the deal we did with QPR for Caulker. I'm out of posts (I think) but you can check that with AR10, KBilly and Guan.

There's a reason our our wage bill was just under £56mil in 2014 and just under £60mil in 2015. There's a reason why (and lets remember, we came up at the same time) that West Ham's was a lot higher. There is a reason that the stadium deal for them is amazing, because all that gate revenue and sweet fa cost will allow them to pay even more.

If you go to financial fair play dot co dot uk (all one word) there's a pretty self explanatory flow diagram that explains it.

For argument's sake, however, lets assume I am right. Would it change your opinion of the way Saints do business?

We need at least 2 decent players per position

FF & McCarthy

Pied & Cedric

Bertrand & Targett

Fonte & Yoshida

VVD & Gardos

Romeu & Clasie

Davis & Reed

Hojbjerg & JWP

Tadic & ??

Austin & J-Rod

Long & Redmond

With a long season ahead and with all the talk of a CAM does anyone not think we are thin at CB ? Yosh is ok but always has a massive error in him, Gardos is perma-crocked.one injury to Fonte or VVD and we are screwed

I would say 2 players minimum are needed

If Stephens doesn't go out on loan we have him at CB as well, so if that's the case I can see him being backup only attacking signings made. He's 22 now he's gonna have to get some first team experience soon or leave permanently

CMs are sorted, Reed still can't get into the match day squad.

1 minimum needed for me, 2 preferable. Fast Mane type player who can play anywhere in attack, then a creative number 10 type player.

I dont think CM is sorted at all

Romeu is decent but no way a good as vic in that position

clasie.....err

Hoj looks very good when not sat anchored to the defence (from the little we have seen)

Sorted unless we sell any of them which I doubt we will.

We aren't going to buy another CM if we have Romeu, Clasie, Davis, Hojbjerg, Ward-Prowse and Reed. With Pied and VVD also able to play there.

So yeah it is sorted I'm afraid.

So you get to resort to swearing? Good one mate. I'll say it again, the mods really ought to do something about this kind of thing.

If this forum is a place for over the top reactions and insults then it's not a great place to be a part of quite frankly.

Are you new? Calling for mods is most embarrassing thing you can do.

Although would be funny if started sorting out 'over the top reactions'. Who'd be left.

Strangely, no. I had my meltdown three years ago. Wasn't bothered last summer about the ones that left, not bothered this year either. Club has earned my trust for now.

There is a lot of people asking where the money has gone, but its blatantly obvious. Its kinda ironic, really, that the club signs a load of 1st team players on increased wages to the club, then fans moan that we can't keep any players. Its arguable, that without the sales, we couldn't have made the offers - not just financially, but actually within FFP. Its worth reading Redslo's blogs on FFP and the only ways you can increase the wage ceiling. It may open a few eyes.

The club are doing the right thing in my mind. I actually don't expect anybody else in and I'd still be ok with that. We're not like other clubs, we're trying to be different, we've been pretty successful at it. It may not be as good this year as previous, but you know what, we're in Europe, we're no where near as bad as what's been written, we look half decent and we'll get better. We actually have players that seem to want to be here (excepting Fonte) and I wouldn't want to spunk £20mil on Ayew, £28mil on Bolasie, or £32mil on Benteke, (although I do think the latter is a good player for Palace).

I've enjoyed the ride back up. The only thing that really worries me is the formation, but Puel deserves respect and time. Be interesting to see if he goes to Utd with the same formation or changes it. There seems to be a core of Saints fans not excited by Puel - and that's fine, opinions are opinions. But the guy is yet to lose a game (god knows the meltdown when he does) and its was only a few months ago we were all jumping up and down at the Austin signing.

I'm quite excited to be honest. But I may also be deluded.

2. Ditto for Stoke

It absolutely isn't. Happy to completely disagree on this.

The above is not based on what Redslo says, I just think he does a very good job of explaining it. There are a host of sites that also explain it pretty well. We're also now under UEFA FFP. The only reason we could afford Austin in Jan was the deal we did with QPR for Caulker. I'm out of posts (I think) but you can check that with AR10, KBilly and Guan.

There's a reason our our wage bill was just under £56mil in 2014 and just under £60mil in 2015. There's a reason why (and lets remember, we came up at the same time) that West Ham's was a lot higher. There is a reason that the stadium deal for them is amazing, because all that gate revenue and sweet fa cost will allow them to pay even more.

If you go to financial fair play dot co dot uk (all one word) there's a pretty self explanatory flow diagram that explains it.

For argument's sake, however, lets assume I am right. Would it change your opinion of the way Saints do business?

Again spot on. I wasn't aware of the site and thanks for the link. Anyone who hasn't read it should take a look - our fans must understand that we can only pay so much in wages, and can't even pay as much as Norwich!

It's a tough time for posters like CB cry just now, the forum and Saints fans generally are fairly united by frustration and disappointed.

We were all just hoping that we can get through tomorrow evening without too much embarrassment and hope/pray we bring in 2 or 3 quality players before the window shuts.

You have conducted a thorough poll fans, have you? Please speak only for yourself. Any frustration & disappointment. I may have is with the likes of you.

Again spot on. I wasn't aware of the site and thanks for the link. Anyone who hasn't read it should take a look - our fans must understand that we can only pay so much in wages, and can't even pay as much as Norwich!

There is some myth that has grown that he bedwetter say want the club to spend hundreds of millions on wages or signings?

Where are people saying that?

If the ITKs/papers are to be believed we have the ability to have a higher wage bill within FFP currently as we have just offered Fonte a pay rise...we have also had a bid turned down for another player - therefore have enough for that individuals wages and a rumoured second signing so we have the money for that within FFP rules.

Based upon those FFP is not currently restricting us?

You have conducted a thorough poll fans, have you? Please speak only for yourself. Any frustration & disappointment. I may have is with the likes of you.

I used to get a bit fed up with his posts, but now I just laugh at him. He tries to get under people's skin so just don't let him, every time you do he's won. He's obviously dealing with some psychological issues and likes to use this website as a place to enable them, so don't let him get reinforcement for his behaviour or he'll never recover.

So anyone who disagrees with a prediction should be spoken to by the mods? Got it. This forum is utterly ridiculous.

Actually, CB FRY is the worst culprit. he cannot stand the idea of anyone challenging or having a different opinion to himself. He sees himself as a demi God of this site !

We are all on here because at some time in our lives (usually when we were young) we caught the infection that is Southampton Football Club.

I have not for many years been so apprehensive at the beginning of a season.

I am worried our strike force is inadequate. I am worried our midfield is lightweight. I am worried our manager is stuck on an unfamiliar formation, and is trying to squeeze players into this formation regardless of their strengths and weaknesses.

Now I acknowledge that last week, was our first serious properly match in this formation, and we were missing Jose and Ryan, but we were in the first half awful. The second half we did improve a bit when Hojbjerg came on (quality signing btw) but we were still no more than average against a poor Watford.

I can see us struggling this season. Mid table at best. Against Manure tonight I can see us getting beat 4or 5 nil.

We are all on here because at some time in our lives (usually when we were young) we caught the infection that is Southampton Football Club.

I have not for many years been so apprehensive at the beginning of a season.

I am worried our strike force is inadequate. I am worried our midfield is lightweight. I am worried our manager is stuck on an unfamiliar formation, and is trying to squeeze players into this formation regardless of their strengths and weaknesses.

Now I acknowledge that last week, was our first serious properly match in this formation, and we were missing Jose and Ryan, but we were in the first half awful. The second half we did improve a bit when Hojbjerg came on (quality signing btw) but we were still no more than average against a poor Watford.

I can see us struggling this season. Mid table at best. Against Manure tonight I can see us getting beat 4or 5 nil.

Samsies mate, good post.

I'm going to start the drive to Manchester in an hour and I am almost dreading the scoreline tonight - just leaning on the faintest of hopes that Puel can surprise me somehow.

Our only hope (IMHO) of avoiding a hiding tonight is United playing poorly..... Horrible not having destiny in your own control.

Samsies mate, good post.

I'm going to start the drive to Manchester in an hour and I am almost dreading the scoreline tonight - just leaning on the faintest of hopes that Puel can surprise me somehow.

Our only hope (IMHO) of avoiding a hiding tonight is United playing poorly..... Horrible not having destiny in your own control.

Waaaaaa, waaaaa, snivel sniff,waaaaa....... :(

Samsies mate, good post.

Don't forget your Man U shirt.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Samsies mate, good post.

You don't half post some complete and utter overly melodramatic bull dirt.

I dont think CM is sorted at all

Romeu is decent but no way a good as vic in that position

clasie.....err

Hoj looks very good when not sat anchored to the defence (from the little we have seen)

Romeu, or any DM, in this 41212 formation, has another 2 midfielders in front of him. Not wide, but fairly central. So they offer some protection too.

Compare this to the 4231 where the outer of the 3 were quite wide and the central one was in the no 10 role.

I need to see more of it to see if it works. I think it leaves the flanks a little exposed which requires the front 2 to play very wide on the full backs.

Romeu, or any DM, in this 41212 formation, has another 2 midfielders in front of him. Not wide, but fairly central. So they offer some protection too.

Compare this to the 4231 where the outer of the 3 were quite wide and the central one was in the no 10 role.

I need to see more of it to see if it works. I think it leaves the flanks a little exposed which requires the front 2 to play very wide on the full backs.

This is true.

you could say that the new formation suits us better, in that sense. We never looked convincing with Romeu and Clasie, though they both had good games. Now, Romeu can play a bouncer role in front of the back four and Davis/Hojbjerg/Clasie are able to cover him and also given a bit of license to go forward. My concern last season was Koeman playing Davis or JWP as one of a two man central defensive midfield.

Now, we can play to Davis/Hojbjerg's qualities of passing, control, playmaking while not putting so much pressure on them as defending midfielders. At the same time, it provides cover for Romeu. Alternatively in a game where muscle/height isn't the answer, Hojbjerg or Clasie takes that pivot position and the other/Davis/JWP goes forward.

I'm excited to see how it works in practice.

Samsies mate, good post.

So you're getting in the caveat already if we draw or god forbid win? That United played poor...? :lol:

Samsies mate, good post.

Old habits die hard hey Glasgow...

My concern is that we haven't replaced Mane or Pelle and could still do with a creative midfielder.

For those that say Austin is Pelle's replacement, I don't agree, Austin does not have either Pelle's physicality or eye to put others through on goal as Pelle has done for the last couple of years.

Redmond is not Mane's replacement he's no where near as good as Mane and far less clinical or decisive as Mane is. I was watching him on Saturday and Redmonds anticipation was rubbish, just kept wanting the ball played to his feet and not breaking beyond the Watford defence as he should be especially when they went down to ten men. I know his natural position is on the wing and his best play on Saturday was when he was out wide but when he was central he looked lost and way to easy for the Watford defence to deal with.

As for Puel, he'll be living on borrowed time very soon if keeps coming out with starting line ups like last Saturday, any idiot could of told him about Yoshida and Ward Prowse's limitations. Getting three points on the board against an injury ravaged team whose 1st team squad should be getting beaten easily at St Mary's more often than not, should have been his number one concern, not dicking about with his team selection so much that it had half the fans in the stadium groaning even before the warm up, let alone after that abject 1st half display.

I certainly don't get why Pied had a much better game than Cedric in most people's eyes, yes Cedric got caught a couple of times in the first half but he was causing their defence problems on the overlap and got a few decent crosses in, once he was replaced by pied the overlap stopped and Pied was trying to cross from deep like Targett. Ok he had a decent shot at goal, but for me Cedric did just as well.

This is true.

you could say that the new formation suits us better, in that sense. We never looked convincing with Romeu and Clasie, though they both had good games. Now, Romeu can play a bouncer role in front of the back four and Davis/Hojbjerg/Clasie are able to cover him and also given a bit of license to go forward. My concern last season was Koeman playing Davis or JWP as one of a two man central defensive midfield.

Now, we can play to Davis/Hojbjerg's qualities of passing, control, playmaking while not putting so much pressure on them as defending midfielders. At the same time, it provides cover for Romeu. Alternatively in a game where muscle/height isn't the answer, Hojbjerg or Clasie takes that pivot position and the other/Davis/JWP goes forward.

I'm excited to see how it works in practice.

Indeed. There's a lot of talk about DMs and AMs and no.10s, but what about good old central midfielders that can do a bit of both?

I think people put too much thought into how player x performed at his previous club, some people seem to assume that's the maximum the player can achieve and he's therefore a downgrade on the player we sold. But when we got Mane, was he seen as a Lallana replacement at the time? I think not, in fact I seem to remember all sorts of crap being spouted such as ''non league trash'' ''sell him straight away'' etc etc.

People are underestimating how much our club improves players, if the raw tools are there then we seem pretty good at molding a damn fine player out of it - which is what I see with Redmond. So whilst on paper people see it as a downgrade as he's not as good as Mane, then in a year or so time you'll be wondering what you were worried about. For what it's worth, there is no way we can afford to sign a finished product at the same level as Mane - we will develop another one again to a similar, or even higher level.

My concern is that we haven't replaced Mane or Pelle and could still do with a creative midfielder.

For those that say Austin is Pelle's replacement, I don't agree, Austin does not have either Pelle's physicality or eye to put others through on goal as Pelle has done for the last couple of years.

Redmond is not Mane's replacement he's no where near as good as Mane and far less clinical or decisive as Mane is. I was watching him on Saturday and Redmonds anticipation was rubbish, just kept wanting the ball played to his feet and not breaking beyond the Watford defence as he should be especially when they went down to ten men. I know his natural position is on the wing and his best play on Saturday was when he was out wide but when he was central he looked lost and way to easy for the Watford defence to deal with.

As for Puel, he'll be living on borrowed time very soon if keeps coming out with starting line ups like last Saturday, any idiot could of told him about Yoshida and Ward Prowse's limitations. Getting three points on the board against an injury ravaged team whose 1st team squad should be getting beaten easily at St Mary's more often than not, should have been his number one concern, not dicking about with his team selection so much that it had half the fans in the stadium groaning even before the warm up, let alone after that abject 1st half display.

I certainly don't get why Pied had a much better game than Cedric in most people's eyes, yes Cedric got caught a couple of times in the first half but he was causing their defence problems on the overlap and got a few decent crosses in, once he was replaced by pied the overlap stopped and Pied was trying to cross from deep like Targett. Ok he had a decent shot at goal, but for me Cedric did just as well.

FFS.

get over the first day of the season result already.

Our best finish in the top division for thirty years came last year, after we started in an abysmal state against everton, newcastle, being dumped by mitjjland etc. etc.

Puel seems stable, with potential to be good, who aligns with us well seemingly (youth, attacking football, Saints way). He's received pretty high recommendations from former players who he's managed, and his efforts at Lyon, Lille, Nice were at times exceptional and at times worthy of some questions being asked. That's normal, and even more normal for Saints. I'm absolutely fine with being in a place of questioning ST price in the season, questioning club direction, team selection etc, and at other times feeling proud that the boys dun good.

That's part of being a non-plastic fan of modern day football.

If one wanted constant entertainment, cash, incoming transfers and unlimited reach, do what fans on the continent/further afield do and support City, Utd, or even Madrid/Barcelona.

Mane was an excellent player who will be effective at the top tiers of English football. He left for a very hefty sum of money (we could have probably got even more had we waited until August, but maybe cashflow dictated when we had to sell), that's always nice. Could he have stayed? I suppose had we offered him a very very attractive contract, and had no other clubs needed him, but it wasn't the case. He wanted to leave, so there.

Redmond is a new addition of a similar mould, who is very young, needs time, but seems hungry to work. I doubt his best position will be nailed down on his first competitive game. He brings a spark, that Mane used to bring, and he's fast. I like him, give him time.

Koeman literally chose Ward Prowse and Yoshida so many times last season. Ward Prowse had 39 appearances, Yoshida had 27. To say his line up is terrible is fine, but Koeman made some awful team selections, including playing Ward Prowse as a defensive midfielder and Yoshida as a right back, among others.

Puel clearly went for PL experience over foreign signings for first day of the season, and that's a thoroughly respectable plan. Hojbjerg, Redmond, and Pied, as it happened, had fairly good debuts, so I expect them to be starting tonight or next week.

Agree, Cedric and Pied are at a similar level, based on one game, the first game of the season. However, Cedric we have seen for one year and the fact that that Pied had a decent first game immediately puts him in my mind as a challenger for right back position. It's what we need in that position, stability. Not attacking flair (he has it) or gangly legs (Martina) but solid defensive work, and an attacking mindset. Who knows if he will flop or soar, but at least Cedric still hasn't, even after a year, ticked the box of being our first choice right back.

Austin's a different player from Pelle, if the formation is right, definitely more dangerous. However, I miss Pelle's hold up play and I miss his through passes. His flicks were annoying at times, but it was effective over the course of a season. Bottom line though, Puel plays a different formation. Like it or not, talk about the Southampton way of attacking football, Koeman did play hoof-ball a hell of a lot. I still have nightmares/images of Caulker against Mitjjland away just getting into space at the back and hoofing the ball up to Pelle. So, OK, we lose out that height, presence, hold up play. But it's a different formation. I can't say yet that it is a better formation, since I think last season was pretty effective, although not always 'attractive attacking football'. Anyway. We see what to make of this season but it is no guarantee that you need a False-9 Centre Forward to succeed in the premier league. Benteke is all but useless at Liverpool and was sold. Bony can't get any game time at City. Arsenal are better with Sanchez instead of Giroud. West Ham were better with ditching Carroll and going for Valencia/Sakho upfront. You get my point.

But agreed, I will miss his hold up play and I have reservations about not having one on the team. Long can head the ball, but isn't a centre forward in that sense.

Jury out on whether we can survive without, but I look forward to seeing how it goes!!!

Edited by eddie

You don't half post some complete and utter overly melodramatic bull dirt.

Not really sure he said anything wrong, going by the Watford game - which most will as they don't bother with friendlies as the standard of opposition is poor and team selection isn't the 1st 11 - i'd tend to agree with him.

The way i see it our midfield isn't currently working as the players don't know the system. The thought of our fullbacks against United's strike force fills me with dread and unless Long or Austin has the game of their lives it's hard to see where goals will come from.

Now that's not to say it'll stay the same all season, certainly with a couple of signings and time for the formation to bed, but for now i'd say our chances of beating a much improved United side, with a weaker Saints side is extremely low. Also i fully believe Mourinho will have a good idea of weaknesses, and expect us to be flooded in the midfield with Rooney and Zlatan pushing out when they break.

It's a tough time for posters like CB cry just now, the forum and Saints fans generally are fairly united by frustration and disappointed.

We were all just hoping that we can get through tomorrow evening without too much embarrassment and hope/pray we bring in 2 or 3 quality players before the window shuts.

You seem pleased Saints fans are frustrated and disapointed. Plus popular opinion is normally wrong. This is a country that voted the Tories in and voted for Brexit. You have the pragmatic knowlegable elite , Crab Lungs, Wash Saint, Guan , CB Fry, myself then you you have the confused, short termist frightened majority. There's a phrase I use in life in general (especially at work) "would you want these people in the trenches with me " . I think I was the first person to use the term bedwetters on this forum too. I remember when the popular opinion on here was Micheal (lets go Wilde) was the saviour of the club and a few of us were kicking at popular opinion on here. Funnily enough a lot of the afore-mentioned posters.We were right.

You seem pleased Saints fans are frustrated and disapointed. Plus popular opinion is normally wrong. This is a country that voted the Tories in and voted for Brexit. You have the pragmatic knowlegable elite , Crab Lungs, Wash Saint, Guan , CB Fry, myself then you you have the confused, short termist frightened majority. There's a phrase I use in life in general (especially at work) "would you want these people in the trenches with me " . I think I was the first person to use the term bedwetters on this forum too. I remember when the popular opinion on here was Micheal (lets go Wilde) was the saviour of the club and a few of us were kicking at popular opinion on here. Funnily enough a lot of the afore-mentioned posters.We were right.

Do you want some brasso for that trumpet?.

Well this put a smile on my face..

What a sad life you must lead.

We need 2-3 quality players, if we get those, then great, if we don't by the end of the window then criticism of the club is pretty well justified.

Two weeks to go, let's see what happens. I don't think there is much point arguing about it now.