Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Gonna create my own rumour since there is none about.

We should be interested in Nabil Fekir from Lyon who is 23yr's old, is an attacking midfielder in a team who already play's in the diamond formation.

In his break through season when he played 34 games he got 13 goals and 9 assists and won MOM 7 times.

Did his cruciate last year but has played twice already this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxBsW4i8e3c

More likely we're interested in Nabil Fekall at the speed we're moving.

We should be interested in Nabil Fekir from Lyon who is 23yr's old, is an attacking midfielder in a team who already play's in the diamond formation.

In his break through season when he played 34 games he got 13 goals and 9 assists and won MOM 7 times.

Someone has been reading Sotonians forum!

In the real world, the pro's and con's of decisons aren't measured by the reaction of a couple of hundred fans on a forum. Mane being sold so early in the window is dissapointing on the basis that we haven't replaced him even though the season has started.

I think you're forgetting that it was posts on here by people like st George that stopped any further sales back in 2014 and pot entirely saved the club.

Someone has been reading Sotonians forum!

Interesting because I haven't maybe they've been on here (wil go check what they said)

I just searched for teams that play the diamond and scoped who had young attacking midfielders who claude would know and fit our profile.

Maybe this black box stuff isnt so hard :-)

Edit - Can't find it what did they say about him ?

Edited by Convict Colony

Interesting player and would fit our diamond. We need to get you operating the black box and give the cheque book to someone like Saint Robbie for a few weeks....

If we don't sign 2 proper good players then Les and the club have let us down. Having a plan is fine and over the last few years it has worked brilliantly, however if you do not understand what's happening in your market place and adjust accordingly you suffer (whatever the industry). My fear is that the club have not quite realised how much progression others have made are making. But we will see come Sep 1st.

If we had swapped Mane for Benteke that would of been a great deal. That's the quality we need to get in. We also need another MF and move Reed on. Also a young CB who will take over from Fonte in a season and who is better than Yoshida now. Denayer maybe a good option as played with VVD at Celtic.

I'm a patient man but we only have 12 days to decide whether we are progressing or going backwards Saints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I very much hope we bring in a top quality no.10 if we are to make this formation work. we do not have the 'x-factor' up top

also, some power in the middle of the park.

been a while since we looked so weak in the middle

and these players good enough to pretty much start form the off

Interesting because I haven't maybe they've been on here (wil go check what they said)

I just searched for teams that play the diamond and scoped who had young attacking midfielders who claude would know and fit our profile.

Maybe this black box stuff isnt so hard :-)

Edit - Can't find it what did they say about him ?

No claim of an ITK rumour of signing. Just same as you someone mentioned the name for a but of fun around a week ago.

If we don't sign 2 proper good players then Les and the club have let us down. Having a plan is fine and over the last few years it has worked brilliantly, however if you do not understand what's happening in your market place and adjust accordingly you suffer (whatever the industry). My fear is that the club have not quite realised how much progression others have made are making. But we will see come Sep 1st.

If we had swapped Mane for Benteke that would of been a great deal. That's the quality we need to get in. We also need another MF and move Reed on. Also a young CB who will take over from Fonte in a season and who is better than Yoshida now. Denayer maybe a good option as played with VVD at Celtic.

I'm a patient man but we only have 12 days to decide whether we are progressing or going backwards Saints.

Very well said sir

What I don't get is how can the club not see that ? when everyone of us "armchair managers" can see it, even so called "expert" pundits are saying it.

We have always though that eventually this selling quality and replacing with unproven will catch up with us,I just hope the club address this before it happens and this is not the season it happens.

Because this Thursday & Sunday match malarkey will be hard on the team and even the teams with squads loaded with quality struggle with a game every 3 days, ultimately our league position is most important but every single Saints fan would love us to have a real crack at the Europa,and we just don't have the squad for both at the minute imo.

I know we are a believer in youth,but you have to question why none are that close to the 1st team,they certainly are not good enough for prem football so they most certainly won't be good enough for group stage Europa.

If this diamond doesn't work and we do not change the formation,I fear we will be in freefall and never recover, I am not saying relegation but bottom half will be more likely and the chance of Europa/CL will be a million miles away.

I would love us to go out and spend a small fortune on superstars,but I know it's not going to happen but I certainly expected us to capatalise on last season and strengthen with more players like Hojbjerg & Redmond, the club give out such mixed signals to the fans that you can understand why so many people get frustrated.Les Reed comes out in May and says the new focus is CL,keeping our best players and RK is signing a new contract.........4 months later we have lost RK,lost 3 of our better players and CL looks a million miles away,and we have not strengthened in a single position.

Totally agree - hugely disappointed with the lack of ambition and complacency - 12 days to put this right. we are in a big league and need to think big!

Come on Saints..spend,spend, spend......just buy anyone, it does`nt matter on who you spend just do it...

And make sure we have spend more than we get in, that`s a must too

Who is saying buy anyone, please point us where that is said.

Conversely do you think that not getting more players in of decent quality is right?

Come on Saints..spend,spend, spend......just buy anyone, it does`nt matter on who you spend just do it...

And make sure we have spend more than we get in, that`s a must too

No lets play all season with what we have not as if we have extra games is it.

We are looking really strong all the players look happy and comfortable with the formation.

No middle ground on this forum is there!

Can you show me where anyone is advocating spending over the top?

What most realise is if Puel is to succeed then he needs the tools to do that. Not hard for you to see that is it?

Spot on IMO

I don't see saints have any other option than to strengthen team before window shuts. Obvious to everyone we lack creativity in final third and shots on target ratio is **** poor. There is no way we will score enough goals to even finish mid table as it stands playing this diamond system with current personnel.

If saints don't sign anymore attacking players then they should expect attendences to fall. People won't continue to pay premium prices for all fart no **** football.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Don't think there is such a thing as FFP anymore?! Hence why Wolves are going to go and spent ca £20m on Talisca from Benfica.

Would be great to hear from Guan or K,Billy...all very very silent.

There is more FFP if anything, you can only make a certain loss each season, but in the PL you cannot use the new TV money to increase wages more than £7M or so a season. To go over the £7M limit you can only use commercial and profit from selling players. Hence why we cannot compete on wages and keep all our best players.

We can use the new TV income on transfer fees no problem, but our main constraint is wages I would guess.

I wish we were getting more positive noises from the club regarding transfers.

In fairness though, they have always been quiet. I'm holding my council until the window closes, except to say it would have been better to have things done pre-season's start, but I would be "disappointed" if this is it.

Can someone actually clarify that we are in for a couple of players or are we going to be disappointed come deadline day?.

I understand the reasons why specifics can't be given by the club but I see no harm in them letting us know that they are active in the market. Koeman use to at least give us a vague heads up but all that Puel has said is that he is happy with the squad.

Ghezzal having medical at Everton tomorrow .

That's bull!! Puel has called Ghezzal direct and will have persuaded him to join us.....

The information you have must be false....

Our dynamic leader will have sold Ghez the vision and the diamond potential