Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

This is not a troll.

Genuine question.. Why are we penny pinchers.

The owner of the club is a middle aged woman who is worth 500 billion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stand by for response. Suggest you wear shin pads.

Transfer rumours are rife here down under but I have caught wind of a low key ITK..

Newspapers report K.Liebherr was seen depositing gold bullions in a mint after the sale of Mane and Pelle.

Not sure how much stock one can take in this, gold is a bit pricey these days.

Transfer rumours are rife here down under but I have caught wind of a low key ITK..

Newspapers report K.Liebherr was seen depositing gold bullions in a mint after the sale of Mane and Pelle.

Double:lol::lol:

down under = portsmouth I assume

Didn't someone say we were after a previous Prem flop who is shining in a foreign league?

I give you

BRADLEY WRIGHT PHILLIPS

Can't stop scoring for NY Red Bulls

:)

I've seen this referred to, but I never saw who said it was a former prem flop?

Gueye fair enough for the price. But Bolasie for £27-32m!!

If we'd spent £27m on Bolasie I'd of been absolutely thrilled with that signing. He's one of the few players outside the big teams and the champions that I look at and think he should be. I am a huge fan of his and I would have instantly forgotten Mane. Shame.

As for the OX, with him in the squad we could revert to a standard 442 never mind this diamond ****.

Edited by Chez

Had a thought on the player who was hinted at by Guan, AR-10 et al.

If he had a Pelle-like period where he was okay before becoming good in a foreign league, he must be around 25-28. Forward, left-sided, has been linked to another Premier League too, would have broken our transfer record.

May not be him, but I do wonder if it was someone like Lucas Perez at Deportivo. Never heard of him before this season, but noticed his name after he ended up scoring 17 goals in 36 games. Played a lot as a forward for Deportivo last season, but has played as an attacking midfielder or out-wide from what I have read. Seen that he has been linked to Leicester and West Ham (but every striker has been...). As I said it may not be him, but it's the sort of signing that Saints would make.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/10/leicester-city-transfer-record-signing-lucas-perez-deportivo-la-coruna

http://sportwitness.co.uk/west-ham-submit-formal-proposal-trying-snatch-barca-target-club-sleep/

Nicely set up for the 'no win' scenario though. If we don't sign three you can complain about that, if we do, it's only because Les is panicking. No thought about whether it might take more than a week to get a new player through the door and these deals might have been in the pipeline for a while?

Oh dear someone's feelings have been hurt. Read carefully before commenting and it might not affect you so much you poor dear. IMO we'll not be signing 3 players before deadline day and I LOL at those who think we will - particularly if it's thought that serious money will be splashed. There's no complaint in my statement - it's just an opinion... you know, one of those things that you see once in a while on a fans football forum. I doubt Les is panicking, but that's how it might be seen by selling clubs at this stage of the window and transfer fees will inflate.

Had a thought on the player who was hinted at by Guan, AR-10 et al.

If he had a Pelle-like period where he was okay before becoming good in a foreign league, he must be around 25-28. Forward, left-sided, has been linked to another Premier League too, would have broken our transfer record.

May not be him, but I do wonder if it was someone like Lucas Perez at Deportivo. Never heard of him before this season, but noticed his name after he ended up scoring 17 goals in 36 games. Played a lot as a forward for Deportivo last season, but has played as an attacking midfielder or out-wide from what I have read. Seen that he has been linked to Leicester and West Ham (but every striker has been...). As I said it may not be him, but it's the sort of signing that Saints would make.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/10/leicester-city-transfer-record-signing-lucas-perez-deportivo-la-coruna

http://sportwitness.co.uk/west-ham-submit-formal-proposal-trying-snatch-barca-target-club-sleep/

I'm almost certain the player in question is Jonathan Viera of Las Palmas. Exact match to Guan's description.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Viera

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/91304

I'm almost certain the player in question is Jonathan Viera of Las Palmas. Exact match to Guan's description.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Viera

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/91304

He is 5ft 7 are we trying to enter Tyro league with our squad? Reed, Clasie, Davis,JWP , Pied .

A serious Dutch football program claimed the asking price for Ziyech is 10 mln euros. For that price we should definatelt go for him

What if (tinfoil hats on folks) we've already stitched him up but are waiting for deadline day because the board likes to give fans that boost thayve done the past couple years.

@SkySports - BAGGIES WANT J-ROD

Sky sources are telling us West Brom are interested in taking Southampton's Jay Rodriguez on loan.

We understand there have been positive talks between the clubs, and it's thought Southampton are willing to let him go on loan to get more game time.

Rodriguez has three years left on his contract at St Mary's and remains part of manager Claude Puel's long term plans.

Berahino in on a perm and j-rod on loan, I wouldn't mind that.

@SkySports - BAGGIES WANT J-ROD

Sky sources are telling us West Brom are interested in taking Southampton's Jay Rodriguez on loan.

We understand there have been positive talks between the clubs, and it's thought Southampton are willing to let him go on loan to get more game time.

Rodriguez has three years left on his contract at St Mary's and remains part of manager Claude Puel's long term plans.

Berahino in on a perm and j-rod on loan, I wouldn't mind that.

Doubt it will be.

Buying starters from another prem club is not what we do generally.

Use Rodriguez in for the Europa league, I still feel that given a bit of time and some confidence he could recapture his form. The poor lad must be physiologically poor place after what he's gone through.

But we need to make a few standout signings... the guys I go to games with are so underwhelmed with where we are right now. We ain't pushing on that's for sure. Yet....

Well summed up. The silence is deafening, the complacency is dreadfully naive. Actually this has all the hallmarks of a company for sale, driving up profit whilst sweating the assets.....

Otherwise why would we be 'free wheeling'

It's not making sense considering the heights we reached last season and the potential to grow further....

Well summed up. The silence is deafening, the complacency is dreadfully naive. Actually this has all the hallmarks of a company for sale, driving up profit whilst sweating the assets.....

Otherwise why would we be 'free wheeling'

It's not making sense considering the heights we reached last season and the potential to grow further....

All in your dreary doom and gloom imagination

I would be vaguely interested in your opinions someday but not your opinions on other posters just on SFC thank you ..

:smug:

Would you bless, i would like you to post something non derogatory about the club but we cant always have what we want can we?

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

We should try and get Rashford on loan from United. clearly not in Jose plans at the moment. He could be great for us and get game time.

Nah, that just helps Utd.

We should just buy him in a year or two, after it is clearly he will have been criminally under used by Jose and he needs to leave to fulfill his talent.

@scoutsattending: #saintsfc & #nufc scouts watched 22yo #fcutrecht FW Sebastian Haller in 2-1 defeat to AZ on Sun

Hope they paid attention to Henriksen from AZ then, seriously good player. Big, strong, decent pace and can score. Has only one year left on his contract as well so wouldn't be very expensive.

Is it exhausting commenting on every person who disagrees with your opinion or is this a tactic you are using to convince yourself ?

Not at all mush ;) but in truth its not about disagreeing with opinions more having to read the same type of dross over and over in different threads

when just posting it once would be enough.

Lost me about the "convince my self" tosh....

Not at all mush ;) but in truth its not about disagreeing with opinions more having to read the same type of dross over and over in different threads

when just posting it once would be enough.

Lost me about the "convince my self" tosh....

You could pretty much apply that to every one of your posts.