Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Got to be something wrong with Ziyech, can't see how a guy of that age, available at that fee with the record he's had over the last few years not being picked up by someone.

I mean he's got far more pedigree than Janssen and is cheaper.

Twente is asking too much and Ziyech is pretty picky on what clubs he wants to go to.

According to a journalist, who spoke to him and his agent, there's a lot of interest but they are all waiting until the last day cause Twente has to sell him and they think he will be cheaper at the last moment of this window.

And another problem Ziyech has is that he choose to play for Morocco so he will be gone for like 2 months with the Africa Cup in the middle of the season. Not really ideal if you want him as a key player.

Jansen had a good season and did good in the friendlies with the Dutch national team, where every club in Europe was sitting in the stance cause we played with the youngest national team ever (Wijnaldum was the oldest guy on the pitch with 26 or some).

Ziyech just made two bad decisions in a row when it comes to his career, going to Twente while they already were in financial troubles and not having the patience to get called up again for the Dutch squad. And it will cost him. He will become a classic example of bad advice.

So Wilson is head of Scouting and recruitment, so would he be needed if they were meeting a player in London? And do they need a finance guy for contracts?

BTW going on a wild guess they might be meeting Stanciu, I can't see any direct flights from Bucharest to Southampton so would make sense for him to fly into London.

Well they are playing man city tomorrow, maybe they are going to hijack his coach Upto Manchester instead...

Can't believe you didn't bin off your plans to follow them all day...

This. FFS SO16_Saint. You had a once in a lifetime opportunity to stalk them the whole day and to get a bonefide Saintsweb ITK exclusive of who they are meeting and you flippantly discard the chance just to save your own job? Where's your dedication man....?!

p.s. in all seriousness, good effort to get the photo. The amount of times we have people on here saying "I've just seen so and so...." and didn't take a quick snap with their camera phone to prove it. Nice one :)

I can't see any direct flights from Bucharest to Southampton so would make sense for him to fly into London.

Calling the chap on here who seemingly has access to airline passenger lists to confirm which flight he's on. (Can't remember his user name)

Can't believe you didn't bin off your plans to follow them all day...

Agreed. It's your duty to follow them and sack off work.

This. FFS SO16_Saint. You had a once in a lifetime opportunity to stalk them the whole day and to get a bonefide Saintsweb ITK exclusive of who they are meeting and you flippantly discard the chance just to save your own job? Where's your dedication man....?!

p.s. in all seriousness, good effort to get the photo. The amount of times we have people on here saying "I've just seen so and so...." and didn't take a quick snap with their camera phone to prove it. Nice one :)

lol - if I didnt have an important client meeting, I'd have been on them... but then again, if I didnt have the client meeting, I wouldnt have been at the station and we'd all be ganging up on Glasgow... :)

All good stuff and well doe to our super sleuths.

On a different note hope some of you were up at SMS last evening to see the kids? Stevens, Reed & Ollie were outstanding and more than ready for the bench, in fact Stevens looks a very good bet indeed should Fonte do a runner. Overall a mighty impressive performance especially in defence and Puel turned up to watch. The kid Johnson looks the real deal as well but Sims & Hesketh were ok but have some way to go before they can challenge for the bench.

Does anybody know if fans can watch the U23's at Staplewood or are those games played behind closed doors?

Disappointed in you Agent SO16.

Anyone in the Waterloo area that can pick up the L&R trail?

Good fieldcraft dictates that we should have a handover. SO16 taking photos was a bit of a giveaway. Just hope they don't give us the slip at Micheldever..

Anyway, thanks all for an entertaining tea break!

Twente is asking too much and Ziyech is pretty picky on what clubs he wants to go to.

According to a journalist, who spoke to him and his agent, there's a lot of interest but they are all waiting until the last day cause Twente has to sell him and they think he will be cheaper at the last moment of this window.

And another problem Ziyech has is that he choose to play for Morocco so he will be gone for like 2 months with the Africa Cup in the middle of the season. Not really ideal if you want him as a key player.

Jansen had a good season and did good in the friendlies with the Dutch national team, where every club in Europe was sitting in the stance cause we played with the youngest national team ever (Wijnaldum was the oldest guy on the pitch with 26 or some).

Ziyech just made two bad decisions in a row when it comes to his career, going to Twente while they already were in financial troubles and not having the patience to get called up again for the Dutch squad. And it will cost him. He will become a classic example of bad advice.

Interesting thanks, didn't realise he could have potentially qualified for Holland. On Janssen I just means he'd only had one good season whereas Ziyech seems to have been doing well for a few years in a poor team.

Well they are playing man city tomorrow, maybe they are going to hijack his coach Upto Manchester instead...

Forgot that, weren't people talking about a potential Van Dijk situation where they didn't want to sell him until they had done their champs league qualifier.

They are almost certainly out now, so will be interesting to see if he plays tomorrow.

Calling the chap on here who seemingly has access to airline passenger lists to confirm which flight he's on. (Can't remember his user name)

As far as I can see there are no flights direct from Bucharest to Manchester either, so I'd presume Steau are flying into London today before travelling up to Manchester.

Just a guess but I'd say it's likely Stanciu is going to be in London at some point today.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/22/report-southampton-close-to-signing-nicolae-stanciu-for-7-millio/

However, Steaua’s chances of reaching the group stages of the Champions League seem to be all but over after they suffered a 5-0 hammering at the hands of Manchester City in the first leg of the play-offs and now Romanian outlet Sport have gone on to provide a key update regarding Stanciu’s future.

The report states that Steaua are finally ready to sell Stanciu following the second leg of the Champions League play-off against City on Wednesday and that the 23-year-old is set to join Southampton after the Saints placed a bid of around £7 million.

BREAKING NEWS.

Southampton can confirm the sale of a caramel latte to Costa Waterloo for £5.50. Caramel Latte had only joined Southampton from Starbucks for £3.50 earlier in the day.

Edit - What a **** and obvious joke. Sorry.

FFS. I've been working on a Song for Latte all morning.

So Wilson is head of Scouting and recruitment, so would he be needed if they were meeting a player in London? And do they need a finance guy for contracts?

BTW going on a wild guess they might be meeting Stanciu, I can't see any direct flights from Bucharest to Southampton so would make sense for him to fly into London.

Investigating.. :suspicious:

No direct flights from Southampton to Zurich either! So if they are going to Zurich they would need to go to a London airport.

Plot thickens.

If anyone knows any Romanian and there is a Steau Bucharest forum they could probably work out where there team is.

BREAKING NEWS.

Southampton can confirm the sale of a caramel latte to Costa Waterloo for £5.50. Caramel Latte had only joined Southampton from Starbucks for £3.50 earlier in the day.

Edit - What a **** and obvious joke. Sorry.

Costa Liverpool One have bid £10 for Caramel Latte

Wonder if the conversation went like this:

Ross: Les, fancy a Costa?

Les: That lad from Chelsea?

Ross: Huh?

Les: What?

Ross: Costa. Coffee. For the trip.

Les: oh, yeah. But let's go to Starbucks.

Ross: OK. After all, were good at getting a Star for a few Bucks

Les: Shut up Ross

Or for the Europa League draw......

Seems a bit early to be going out there just for that.....but I would expect club rep's to be out there for that draw in the audience. Maybe he has other business with Kat and her banking password first. ;)

Zaza is a good player, He is fast and has good finishing, and I am sad to see him leave but he is too good for being fourth striker in rotation, so is Mandzukic, so we have to realease one. Too bad its zaza, but I believe we are keeping Mandzukic because of his experience in the highest level, so there is no reason to think he is much better than Zaza.

Anyway guys, I hope if its not Juve for Zaza, its Saints, cuz i like Saints and how they threat players, I see simmilarities in two systems. GL and meet Sassuolo in EL's final.

Seems a bit early to be going out there just for that.....but I would expect club rep's to be out there for that draw in the audience. Maybe he has other business with Kat and her banking password first. ;)

And it's in Monte Carlo.

Also Zaza always makes impact from the bench, he has one of the better goals/minutes ratio, he is cappable to score a magnificent goal against a good team with being brought to the game ar 80th minute. A supersub when needed, a durable, commanding forward when given a chance

Wonder if the conversation went like this:

Ross: Les, fancy a Costa?

Les: That lad from Chelsea?

Ross: Huh?

Les: What?

Ross: Costa. Coffee. For the trip.

Les: oh, yeah. But let's go to Starbucks.

Ross: OK. After all, were good at getting a Star for a few Bucks

Les: Shut up Ross

This made me actually laugh far more than it should have done. Great work.