Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

Look forward to speculating all weekend.

The words works and spanner spring to mind.

Probably means: sign the new contract, see out the old one or resign. We won't release you.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

Massive no to Howe.

Top 6 PL and group stage Europa,we should be looking a lot further than Bournemouth for a manager. surely with what we can offer and the infrastructure we have we are looking at some of Europes top boys?

Why is it that in this country we say no to Howe? If Howe actually had some fancy Spanish name I bet you some wouldn't rule out the idea...

Valencia took Rafa Benitez in 2001 after he got them promoted from second tier in Spanish football.

Howe shouldn't be ruled out, and if Ron was to go I would not be disappointed over Howe- a risk yes, but could be worth it.

BUT... we should have respect over the way we go about things, if we were to say, take Howe, it shouldn't be taking too much advantage of Bmouth, and certainly shouldn't be fed through the press to put pressure on the situation.

Or we've played a great hand to get rid of him making sure the blame is all on him disguising our true intentions to get rid of him as alluded to before. Les was hardly gushing of Ronald come end of the season and was very supportive of the work Poch had done whilst here. I'd suggest that this might turn out better than expected for Les and co.

Think this is more likely for Koeman to risk his reputation the clubs offer and way forward and Koemans must be miles apart. Too many coincidences. Also, if we lose Koeman the implications in terms of losing our best players are huge. Won't get into a bidding war? Offer him 4 million ffs. Show ambition as the board say they want champs league. If they don't sell to someone who wants to take us further as we are in fab position.

If koeman is gone I'd have Gary Neville. The man has won almost as much as Koeman, had a fantastic career and clearly has the tactical nonce to do the job.

I still don't believe Koeman has gone, and if he has then it is either down purely to ridiculous money (in which case I don't blame him or the club), or it is down to tensions behind the scenes (not very hard to imagine given the snippets that leaked out this season).

Either way, saints will be great next season. Stop wetting yourselves folks.

And for god's sakes, the muppets that are just insulting and abusing each other on this thread are utter numpties.

Arsene Wenger? This typo made me laugh lots.

Why is it that in this country we say no to Howe? If Howe actually had some fancy Spanish name I bet you some wouldn't rule out the idea...

Valencia took Rafa Benitez in 2001 after he got them promoted from second tier in Spanish football.

Howe shouldn't be ruled out, and if Ron was to go I would not be disappointed over Howe- a risk yes, but could be worth it.

BUT... we should have respect over the way we go about things, if we were to say, take Howe, it shouldn't be taking too much advantage of Bmouth, and certainly shouldn't be fed through the press to put pressure on the situation.

Good points. But would Howe actually want to come here? I don't see him leaving them myself, certainly not for us.

If we can't match his ambition or wages then something seriously bad is going on.

What concerns me more are the players he signed and how they will handle him going. I bet VVD would be ****ed after signing a new deal.

Maybe the news deals were a simple way of putting more protection around some assets after it became apparent to the Board the Koeman was going to go or at least was thinking about it.

F**k, lets just get this done either way and move on.

Serious doubts about our ambition and Uncle Les's vision ability to sell the club considering the last 3 summers

If we are not careful, what with 6 Europe League games distracting us and f**k knows what collateral damage in the transfer market resulting from this, we could be facing relegation next season.

What are everton on? They seem to genuinely believe they are on course to be the next Man City mega-bankrolled club. They are comparing the "supposed'' Koeman appointment with that of Hughes appointment at City at the beginning. It's all about making baby steps until they can get the mega managers, apparently.

So, 7m a year is a baby step?

I would argue that should tragedy strike and Koeman leaves, we should not be looking for an up and coming manager but one who has already been lured to a top club and failed. They will then be determined to make it work and will be less likely to leave when they succeed.

A bit like our recruitment of Bertrand and Romeu.

Big no for Howe.

He seems a nice guy dont get me wrong but I am sure we can do better then someone who finished 5 points above being relegated. We were only 5 points from the CL. They only got 4 points from the last 24 on offer. And 3 of those were from Villa. They switched off and coasted the final month or so. In contrast look at Koeman. Kept us going until it was over.

Hope Fraser is actually committed as everton need a goalkeeper. Maybe Krul more likely. He can take Clasie as well if he wants!

I know tongue in cheek and its not the thread but come on, Clasie has shown signs he can be great for us. Players in his position can often take until second season to get fully up to speed in the prem. He has had a few injury setbacks as well.

What are everton on? They seem to genuinely believe they are on course to be the next Man City mega-bankrolled club. They are comparing the "supposed'' Koeman appointment with that of Hughes appointment at City at the beginning. It's all about making baby steps until they can get the mega managers, apparently.

So, 7m a year is a baby step?

They don't appear to be considering that FFP means they can't do what City did, either. Though I'm sure they could have a go at burying enough expenditure on a new stadium that they could pay players with it without anyone noticing. Assuming they actually apply for planning permission and stuff... anyway, it's years off.

Maybe the news deals were a simple way of putting more protection around some assets after it became apparent to the Board the Koeman was going to go or at least was thinking about it.

Maybe. But I think if I have learnt anything in recent years contracts dont mean much. If a manager wants out he will go. If a player signs a new deal and then wants out he will go. My issue is trying to stop these managers and players wanting to go. For as good as we have done we have an horrific record of keeping hold of people. Question is why? Is it really all about money? From next season we all have a mega ton of it so it cant just be that.

Serious doubts about our ambition and Uncle Les's vision ability to sell the club considering the last 3 summers

If we are not careful, what with 6 Europe League games distracting us and f**k knows what collateral damage in the transfer market resulting from this, we could be facing relegation next season.

Playing-Bingo-89297.gif

Pow!

Resigning from the Europa league. It's the only thing that can help us.

SSN here we go:

Just the facts

- Ronald returns from holiday Wednesday

- Compensation not agreed and expected to be £3'000'000

- Everton still have a short list and have not spoken to Southampton officially

There is genuinely no information we don't know. Purely subjective.

I for one want this to continue for as long as possible.

I am loving the knicker-twisting that posters are getting into.

Haven't seen so much rumour and speculation since Jim fingered Sarah J that time after PE at Perins. Apparently Paul was going to hit him with a brick.

I'm sure that I am not alone in thinking that Everton are behaving less than honourably in all this. Even West Ham don't operate in this way.

That is assuming that this stuff is coming out of Everton? Maybe it is a third party stirring things up?

If he does go he will have turned out to be a liar and Less Reed will made himself look like an idiot again.

Or it could just be the case that we offered him a deal, he didn't want to stay more than 1 more season. We wanted a manger committed long-term, he joins Everton with our best wishes and we go ahead and get someone with a long-term view in place.

If he does go he will have turned out to be a liar and Less Reed will made himself look like an idiot again.

Unless they couldn't agree and Les has said that we are better off looking for a new manager for next season on. But at the moment it does look like it is all b*ll*cks so I wouldn't panic yet.

I wouldnt call him a liar as such. He did say he doesnt want to be a project manager and be at a club who's ambition is to rebuild every season. After two years of doing that you can understand why he wouldnt want to do it again.

If he goes which looks likely (Toby part 2) then I don't blame him for a second. He has done fantastic for us. If he would rather leave a top 6 club for a club in the bottom half then it shows he either buys into their ambition above ours, or he wants a lot of cash. If it is the cash then he can do one. But i think it is the ambition. Our board/owner have got themselves into a pattern of selling every summer. We might not like it but that is the truth. If lower teams start taking them from us then that is when i become worried.

That is assuming that this stuff is coming out of Everton? Maybe it is a third party stirring things up?

Of course that is possible, but given how far it has gone, you would have thought that one party would have come out and denied it. And isn't EFC's new owner on record as saying RK is Nº1 target, or is that Chinese whispers at play?

Love the hypocrisy on this board.

We moan like f**k at Everton coming in to steal our manager, but it's perfectly acceptable for us to do the same to Bournemouth.

But that's because we're a bigger club, and which ambitious manager wouldn't leave Bournemouth for us, especially when we can pay them more money......

oh.

Guy on Facebook posted a photo of him and RK. RK told he is staying and trying to sign 2 dutch players

And yesterday a cousin from Liverpool sent me a series of excited texts swearing blind that Koeman was up there having talks at that very moment.

It's all speculation and conjecture until there's an official release from the club.

I think we should go for Paul Cook if we go for a manager already based on the South Coast

And we could save a fortune in back room sport science salaries. Fry ups and bonding is all we'll need.