Confirmed - Pierre Højbjerg Signs

Saint Garrett

SSN with quotes from Les Reed saying we have the best pool of midfielders to select from in the premier league (?!)

Did I hear that right?

he really talks utter shyte doesn't he

did he mention (as he normally does) that we are going for champions league?

SSN with quotes from Les Reed saying we have the best pool of midfielders to select from in the premier league (?!)

Did I hear that right?

Its on the OS article.

Its a little arrogant IMO. If Clasie does more than last season and JWP/Reed train on then its a good pool of players but I will take them being nearly as effective as the Morgan/Wanyama/Davis trio was, because it certainly wasn't last season.

he really talks utter shyte doesn't he

did he mention (as he normally does) that we are going for champions league?

No but a bit cringey stating we have the best pool of midfielders in the prem. All the right things being said from the lad though. Exciting signing.

Looks s decent signing to me fingers crossed he hits the ground running, love all the les bashing they would moan even more if he said our midfield was average!

Good to see the club doing it's buiness quietly and professionally as always.

Saints fans criticising Les Reed for talking up the squad.....

Wow

yeah unbelievable.

big season for Clasie I feel if he wants to hold down a regular spot.

Never got going last year but I think he has the ability to prove a few wrong, hopefully.

How has a really exciting signing turned into another les Reed bashing thread? Shouldn't we be praising him for bring yet another fantastic signing into the club? Les once again proves himself to be master in the transfer market and all people want to do is pick holes in his interview. The man who after writing the coaching manual for England joined the club and has overseen our meteoric rise through the divisions, guided the ship through choppy waters 2 season ago to emerge stronger and is now planning for the next instalment of this fantastic story is still mocked and ridiculed by fractions of the fan base. For a man so vilified by fans as a clueless Buffon he seems to continually get an awful lot of things right.

I quite like Les Reed, think its just me.

I like him too - he's played an enormous role in our rise. It's a risky statement to make though!

At least it answers the question of whether we will replace Vic like-for-like though!

Really looking forward to seeing this kid play.

There's a big difference between telling the truth and doing what's best for the club. If Les just told the media we're planning to sell in a couple of years and we are weaker than last season, he would struggle to attract promising youngsters from one of the world's top three clubs.

He's straining credibility claiming we've got the best midfielders in the League but I'd rather our public statements were optimistic and talking up our players.

Saying we have the best pool of midfield options is very different to saying we have the best pool of midfielders.

He's taking about styles of play, not ability of players.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"This is what I am as a player, I work hard, I’m serious, I’m reliable, I’m loyal and I like winning."

When's he off to Everton then? :D

Seriously, though, said all the right things, seems like a decent player. Hope he slots in well. Welcome, PEH.

Sounds promising. Les' comments, however absurd they are, inicate that"s our midfield sorted, so I assume Tadic will be staying. Can't see us bringing in more than 2 players now. Bit riski imo, but we shall see. In Les we trust.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Refreshing way to do business really, nothing until the deal was pretty much done. Pretty much ticks every single box in what we look for in a player. He has always been incredibly highly rated, just read some of the comments from European fans on twitter to see what a coup this is.

Sounds like that's it for our midfield signings now.

Reed chats some s**t in that interview.

How can anyone take that man seriously? Quote... "I believe as a group we probably have a choice from the best pool of midfield options in the Premier League."

What an utterly ridiculous thing to say. The man must be deluded if he believes that. Statements like that just make him look like a complete ****!

Refreshing way to do business really, nothing until the deal was pretty much done. Pretty much ticks every single box in what we look for in a player. He has always been incredibly highly rated, just read some of the comments from European fans on twitter to see what a coup this is.

Yep, our most exciting signing since Mane I would say and as you mention, shows that we actuslly do conduct our business behind the scenes. Makes the West Ham/Sullivan approach seem hilarious in many ways.

He's done a great job for us, just doesn't help himself with some of the media stuff and quotes.

Agreed - think he does a good job but no need to come out with some of the comments he does. Ends up shooting himself in foot half the time and tarnishes himself in process

Saying we have the best pool of midfield options is very different to saying we have the best pool of midfielders.

He's taking about styles of play, not ability of players.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Exactly how I read it. Not sure why others are getting their knickers in a twist.

No, we don't have the best midfielders in the league, but in terms of style and 'type' we have the best variation is what I think he was getting at.