Confirmed - Pierre Højbjerg Signs

Saint Garrett

As we have seen, many of our players leave us having done really well that they earn the big money, big club transfer but do not do that well once they've gone. Maybe this guy will thrive here, away from big club Bayern and the expectation (even poss when on loan).

He also struggled to establish himself at Schalke where he was on loan last season. Only started 13 games.

Seeing as he started 10 of Schalkes final 12 games of the season. I'd suggest he pretty successfully established himself.

Looks like a better version of Romeu hopefully he is quick over the ground as well as a bit of pace in the centre would be useful. Obviously you never know if he will make it has a decent pedegree and is the right age at the right price. Yet again a signing out of nowhere which is nice to see with so many clubs doing all there business in the media

Looks like a better version of Romeu hopefully he is quick over the ground as well as a bit of pace in the centre would be useful. Obviously you never know if he will make it has a decent pedegree and is the right age at the right price. Yet again a signing out of nowhere which is nice to see with so many clubs doing all there business in the media

And generally over paying because of it

A very promising player with strong pedigree in an area we need to strengthen for peanuts in today's market - what's not to like.

Will be interested to see if he's Victor's replacement of whether Clasie follows Ronald to Everton.

Now for a Mane replacement and a striker.

Pied proposed signing Ok as we'll need depth in full back and wide areas with the EL.

Can see us bringing in an experienced back up keeper as well.

Now the focus is on Fonte and Cedric for tonight's final - cheering you on lads!

It looks like we are really going all out to win some silverware this season.

Another U21 to add to the books.

Come on, let's bring that EFL Trophy back to St. Mary's where it belongs!

;)

Højbjerg certainly does look like a good prospect. I agree with those who say he seems to be a Morgan type of player. So let's not forget, it took Morgan a few years to become as good as he did; which included playing in the lower leagues. Therefpre, I will keep my feet on the ground and not expect him to come straight in and dominate the midfield. Indeed, seeing as he only started 13 times in the league last season (plus 10 sub appearances) which were at the end of the season, it may be a while until we see his best. However, he did also start 4 times in the Europa League (plus one sub appearance) so has some experience there.

As for those who think is more of an AM, I really hope we are not signing him to play there. 2 goals in 68 BL matches is not very inspiring.

Good luck to the lad, if he signs; but I am still hoping for a VW replacement who will be able to walk straight into the first 11 - ditto with Mane's.

Love it how our transfers are never the ones people are talking about - for some reason fills me with confidence.

Even if we only get the RB from nice on a free - I'm confident the club know why they are doing. Particularly if they have plans to spend a lot on the infrastructure to help develop players and continue to think about the future rather than just the next season.

A very promising player with strong pedigree in an area we need to strengthen for peanuts in today's market - what's not to like.

Will be interested to see if he's Victor's replacement of whether Clasie follows Ronald to Everton.

Now for a Mane replacement and a striker.

Pied proposed signing Ok as we'll need depth in full back and wide areas with the EL.

Can see us bringing in an experienced back up keeper as well.

Now the focus is on Fonte and Cedric for tonight's final - cheering you on lads!

I don't disagree with your positional choices that you've mentioned - But ultimately, that only replaces what we've lost.

Plus we lost Juanmi & Gaston.

why the constant moans that other teams may want our players after a couple of years.

If other teams want our players then the player has put in a good stint for Saints

If other teams don't want our players then the player hasn't put in a good stint for Saints.

If anyone doesn't want the former, then they're an idiot.

Make no mistake, Højbjerg is a player with an immense potential. He is by no means the finished article, but if he can improve his game at Saints, he could be a massive player for us.

Back to the unfinished article comment: in the national side he has come in from the U21s and claimed a spot in central midfield. While obviously a very gifted player he still lingers a bit too much on the ball and often takes stupid chances. In our EC2016 playoffs against Sweden, Denmark was outclassed by Zlatan in particular and as the team came under pressure, Højbjerg started taking more and more chances in midfield, several times losing possessíon in dangerous positions.

Generally though, he is a gifted midfielder and a real warrior. His committment to the team is second to none and he is mature beyond his years.

In my opinion, his loan move to Augsburg was a highlight of his career. He went to a completely unfancied outfit and acted as a real leader in midfield helping them to a surprising EL spot.

why the constant moans that other teams may want our players after a couple of years.

If other teams want our players then the player has put in a good stint for Saints

If other teams don't want our players then the player hasn't put in a good stint for Saints.

If anyone doesn't want the former, then they're an idiot.

I don't think anyone wants the players not to perform. They just want us to be able to keep a player another club wants off us.

I don't think anyone wants the players not to perform. They just want us to be able to keep a player another club wants off us.

which isnt going to happen in the short term as the current business model of the club is develop player and sell for profit.

It's not so much that we sell, it's who we are selling too. I want to see us get to the point where the players that leave us do not step down in terms of competition to further themselves (Mané joining Liverpool, f**king Liverpool who regardless of their history are not even in Europe this season and very far from an apex predator in the transfer market.)

We need to get to the point where the players who leave us go to Barcelona, Juventus, Real Madrid, Manchester City. Not the sides we are directly competing with, ones who really are contemporary heavy hitters. All clubs in this country, with the exception of those bankrolled by billionaires are selling clubs, so lets try and make use of it rather then fight against it.

Edited by Colinjb

This reminds me of the good old days when we only signed players who were young, hungry and therefore guaranteed to improve

Didn't work with Gaston Ramirez?!

Hopefully this young fellow will be a success. I'll actually wait and watch him playing for us in the Premier league before making any comment about him. As I'm sure with almost every Saints fan, I'd never heard of him until today!

It is a bizarre place on Saints web, only here (surely?) can be people be positively excited BECAUSE we've signed somebody nobody has heard of, with no premier league experience, for only €15 million !! And based on a you tube video he is Morgan S's replacement, all without kicking a ball. Weird!

But I hope turns out to be true!!

It's not so much that we sell, it's who we are selling too. I want to see us get to the point where the players that leave us do not step down in terms of competition to further themselves (Mané joining Liverpool, f**king Liverpool who regardless of their history are not even in Europe this season and very far from an apex predator in the transfer market.)

We need to get to the point where the players who leave us go to Barcelona, Juventus, Real Madrid, Manchester City. Not the sides we are directly competing with, ones who really are contemporary heavy hitters. All clubs in this country, with the exception of those bankrolled by billionaires are selling clubs, so lets try and make use of it rather then fight against it.

When we start making £30m+ bids to poach players back from Liverpool & Arsenal, you might have a point. Until then, just because we aren't being eaten by the apex predator, doesn't mean we aren't sitting on a lower rung of the food chain

When we start making £30m+ bids to poach players back from Liverpool & Arsenal, you might have a point. Until then, just because we aren't being eaten by the apex predator, doesn't mean we aren't sitting on a lower rung of the food chain

The fight will be to get to the highest rung possible. We are on a lower rung..... which is the implication of your double negative. So i'm not sure what your point is..... Should we not try to push on?

The fight will be to get to the highest rung possible. We are on a lower rung..... which is the implication of your double negative. So i'm not sure what your point is..... Should we not try to push on?

then dont sell mane.

Seems like an excellent signing on the face of it.

Could any of the forum's many Scandinavian residents give us an idea how we're supposed to pronounce his name please?

'Hoi Byeah' is more or less how you say it

How do you know this? Not doubting you, just curious.

Our friend has an in depth insight of passenger manifests for flights and was spot on regarding Mane missing a flight!

I would assume, for him to stay ITK, he won't be able to tell us!

Make no mistake, Højbjerg is a player with an immense potential. He is by no means the finished article, but if he can improve his game at Saints, he could be a massive player for us.

Back to the unfinished article comment: in the national side he has come in from the U21s and claimed a spot in central midfield. While obviously a very gifted player he still lingers a bit too much on the ball and often takes stupid chances. In our EC2016 playoffs against Sweden, Denmark was outclassed by Zlatan in particular and as the team came under pressure, Højbjerg started taking more and more chances in midfield, several times losing possessíon in dangerous positions.

Generally though, he is a gifted midfielder and a real warrior. His committment to the team is second to none and he is mature beyond his years.

In my opinion, his loan move to Augsburg was a highlight of his career. He went to a completely unfancied outfit and acted as a real leader in midfield helping them to a surprising EL spot.

Thanks - interesting observations.

So if we sit in the lower stands of St Mary's.... the fans of Big clubs will eat us?

Our friend has an in depth insight of passenger manifests for flights and was spot on regarding Mane missing a flight!

I would assume, for him to stay ITK, he won't be able to tell us!

This is true St. Chalet - I can't say I'm afraid out of respect for the source of the information.

He will be landing at Heathrow in about an hour!

I guess he will be going to Baltimore, wonder if he will make the same flight the rest of the squad leave on? He could always do a medical out there.

Will be interesting to see how he compares to JWP as a player of similar age and position.