• Lemina
    • Redmond
    • Elyounoussi
    • Ings
    • Long
    • Austin
    • Romeu
    • Targett

Great to see a result. Well done to Hughes for not dropping PEH, which seems to have worked out well.

This.... there seemed to be plenty of pre match concern that he would be played despite last weeks fopar, glad to see he provided many people wrong!

Great performance. Everyone played well, yes even Hoedt, PEH man of the match by a mile.

Long was fantastic today, he does so much for the team and with a goalscorer in Ings next to him I think it works well.

No clue why davis was on the bench in place of Armstrong? No Gabbi again!

Bizarre as Gabbi has more to him than Austin now, he’s a liability. Awful pen that was lucky not to have cost us and he can’t run.

Yes, clearly. But I am giving credit where it's due? You seem to be struggling a bit lately - everything alright?
Perfectly fine thank you....just had a very nice pizza an a couple of glasses of a very nice Argentinian Malbec, but struggling to understand those whose opinions seem to change with the wind.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I was in Brighton with the kids. Lovely day.
No need for explanation, my post was complimentary. Many detractors disappear during the successful times and only rear their heads when there's easy pickings. Nice to see someone give credit where due even if it does goes against their own view.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Perfectly fine thank you....just had a very nice pizza an a couple of glasses of a very nice Argentinian Malbec, but struggling to understand those whose opinions seem to change with the wind.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Where's my opinion changed? I've given credit. I've not said my opinion has changed of him.

Perhaps you're drinking too much?

Really liked the way our central midfield played today, tough solid and hungry to win the ball and play the ball quickly. I've noticed a lot quicker tempo to our game over the last 2 games which is welcome so hopefully the last 2 seasons of sideways ball is being trained out.

Thought defense on the whole was good today and I love ings intensity when he loses the ball he chases like a demon to get it back.

Only slight frustration is I appreciate the new Redmond but he can be this seasons run into a cul de sac man.

Also if I've being greedy I would of likes Mo to score today

2 wins on the trot should be good for confidence. Despite all the whining on here I believe we'll steer clear of trouble reasonably comfortably this season, we're certainly miles better than last season.

If he stays fit Ings is going to be a major asset this season.

Great performance. Everyone played well, yes even Hoedt, PEH man of the match by a mile.

Long was fantastic today, he does so much for the team and with a goalscorer in Ings next to him I think it works well.

No clue why davis was on the bench in place of Armstrong? No Gabbi again!

Bizarre as Gabbi has more to him than Austin now, he’s a liability. Awful pen that was lucky not to have cost us and he can’t run.

I heard a rumour Armstrong had picked up a minor knock.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Had a look back at the thread and gave up searching for posts along those lines after four pages. Most posts were very positive with a few concerns over long term fitness and value for money. Perhaps they were all on a dferent thread or you might just be overplaying the part of a very small minority.

There was loads whinging but loads also happy.

Although could give a flying fck - this place has been full of them since time began. It’s their wiring.

No need for explanation, my post was complimentary. Many detractors disappear during the successful times and only rear their heads when there's easy pickings. Nice to see someone give credit where due even if it does goes against their own view.

Funny how certain posters were nowhere to be seen today eh?

West Ham and Everton seeing the world alight.

Everton’s one win against us which was hardly convincing.

Brilliant managers and transfers though

Really liked the way our central midfield played today, tough solid and hungry to win the ball and play the ball quickly. I've noticed a lot quicker tempo to our game over the last 2 games which is welcome so hopefully the last 2 seasons of sideways ball is being trained out.

Thought defense on the whole was good today and I love ings intensity when he loses the ball he chases like a demon to get it back.

Only slight frustration is I appreciate the new Redmond but he can be this seasons run into a cul de sac man.

Also if I've being greedy I would of likes Mo to score today

Good post, if Hughes is starting to rip up the slow, sideways risk free corporate template then good and was evidence of this today. What Saints fans want is a higher tempo, and fitter side who look to get on the front foot. Puel and Pellegrino never understood this.

Some excellent displays today - PEH, Lemina, McCarthy, Redmond, Mo - and some more mixed but nearly everyone put in a proper shift which is the core of what we ask for. Long offered us an outlet and invited more pressure onto us after he was forced off injured.

Austin had a shocker, finishing has to be top drawer as he isn’t going to offer much else these days, but that penalty was shocking and missed another very presentable chance. Charlie is still a decent 20 minute impact option off the bench if we need a goal but would like to see more of Gallagher after the midweek cameo in other games.

Why well done Hughes? We were extremely lucky in the final 10-15 mins. Hughes screwed up the subs. If he was playing counterattacking against Palace with a high press then why bother with Austin on bench and not Gallagher?

Almost any team that wins a match has been extremely lucky at some point in the game. We won - enjoy it :rolleyes:

Trousers, I can't see West Ham in the table you copied in?

Hard work following Saints, but at least I'm not one of the miserabilists we saw on the pre-match thread, who seem to revel in it. Few lost bets, I'd imagine.. :-)

They probably cashed out at nil-nil.

Why well done Hughes? We were extremely lucky in the final 10-15 mins. Hughes screwed up the subs. If he was playing counterattacking against Palace with a high press then why bother with Austin on bench and not Gallagher?

I will take the oppo having a good 15 mins as opposed to last season when we would do well to have a good 30 mins

Both full backs were excellent today as was the keeper, the centre halves did ok, although he can’t hit a barn door Benteke is still a handful in the air and I thought they handled him ok.

Centre midfield worked well, PEH probably having his best game in a saints shirt. Redmond wasn’t as quite as effective as in other games this season, but was disciplined and worked hard.Elyounoussi, gave a solid performance.

Up front. Ings didn’t quite look at his best, and it’s great that we’ve finally got a player that makes finishing look easy, even when they’re not firing properly. Long was Long again. Got us up the pitch, worked hard battled and gave us an out ball. All without looking likely to score.

All in all an impressive proper away win. Ride our luck a bit, the first of which was Zaha not playing. But how many times have a team been there for the taking and we’ve screwed up? We seem a bit more ruthless, not quite so polite, under Hughes and I like it. Couple of dodgy halves, but other than that we’ve looked ok this season. I don’t think we’ll set the world alight, but we’ll be fine.

MoTM-McCarthy just edges PEH for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both full backs were excellent today as was the keeper, the centre halves did ok, although he can’t hit a barn door Benteke is still a handful in the air and I thought they handled him ok.

Centre midfield worked well, PEH probably having his best game in a saints shirt. Redmond wasn’t as quite as effective as in other games this season, but was disciplined and worked hard.Elyounoussi, gave a solid performance.

Up front. Ings didn’t quite look at his best, and it’s great that we’ve finally got a player that makes finishing look easy, even when they’re not firing properly. Long was Long again. Got us up the pitch, worked hard battled and gave us an out ball. All without looking likely to score.

All in all an impressive proper away win. Ride our luck a bit, the first of which was Zaha not playing. But how many times have a team been there for the taking and we’ve screwed up? We seem a bit more ruthless, not quite so polite, under Hughes and I like it. Couple of dodgy halves, but other than that we’ve looked ok this season. I don’t think we’ll set the world alight, but we’ll be fine.

MoTM-McCarthy just edges PEH for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hard to disagree. PEH is my MoM but just over McCarthy.

Nice for us to have a goal gifted to us by defensive hilarity for once

Good goal and all that but he was really struggling out there. Hope the injury clears up over the international break.

Plus after the international break we don't play until the Monday night so 16 days to sort out fitness, also hopefully allows time if any of our players are flying long distances

I know you like doing this sort of thing so please list all the people on this forum moaning about a win? Because I can't see many at all.

Typical saintsweb to exaggerate the silly opinions of the minority so that they become the views of the majority.

The original post pointed out that many people on here moan win, lose or draw which is 100% spot on. And given that you infect virtually every thread on here, it is impossible to avoid you.

West Ham and Everton seeing the world alight.

Everton’s one win against us which was hardly convincing.

Brilliant managers and transfers though

Spurs never made a signing at all. It ain't all about how many new players you sign.

PEH was very, very good. Top day all round actually, and very decent support as is always the case at Palace away.

Best I have seen him play today. And agree support good although team playing better inevitably helps as everyone more buoyant

Two away wins in a week! Fan-bloody-tastic. Well done Hughes and all the players. Having a goal poacher like Ings is really making a difference. It gives a lift to all of the team when they know there is someone they can rely on to put the ball in the net.

When was the last time we won 2 away games in a week?

it was nice getting 3 points today...

i was beginning to get sick and tired of "looking the better side" every match and not getting results.

I am warming up to the PEH Lemina pairing.
    I still think we need Yoshida starting in place of Hoedt.
    The Redmond Bertrand left side is working well.
    Wish we could find an equally effective pairing on the right.

Enjoyed that. I commented early on in the match thread about Hoj looking like he was on a mission and I’m so happy he smashed in the goal that saw over the line.

Hoedt did much better and Redmond was a handful for them. Impressed with Ings and Lemina too.

Again we looked much more energetic, looking to pass and move and get the ball moving quickly. The mids looked much better at closing down and winning the ball back.

The only down part is how we fell apart for a while right after we scored, but a bit if confidence will help in that respect.

Yes Benteke missed a sitter but it happens (ask Shane Long). To keep the oppo to only 15-20 decent minutes play is much much better.

I think we are turning the corner, the players are getting much more assured in Hughes’ system and are getting into better positions than we ever saw with MoPe.

Onwards and upwards. COYR!