Saints v Palace match thread

JustMike

Who is the bird on sky sports news? My stream went down so switched to that and she just said "oh it's a red card" and then sat in silence staring at the screen without saying who for.
My stream went in the first half too, and I can safely say she is the absolute worst commentator I have ever seen. Useless.

When we scored it took forever to work out we had equalised (rather than be two down) and she never managed to name the scorer. She seemed to not know the names of any players, or describe any action. Used odd training-ground speak like "the red zone" instead of actually saying what was happening. Completely forgot that the rest of us can't see her screen.

I can't imagine she'll be back on Sky again.

Happy with a point.

Think Ralph should have changed to a 4 earlier and not sure why he didn’t go for it with one of 5he strikers at 1-1 rather than bringing on Slattery. Maybe happy banking a point.

Too much slow sideways passing. The amount of times we had 3/4 players passing sideways to each other on halfway line and a few times even ended up losing the all rather than going forwards.

McCarthy was poor today. Wonder if Gunn May come in as palace really targeted him from crosses.

Loved zaha getting sent off. What a numpty.

Meh. Poor overall performance so I have to be happy with the point. Moves us slightly further away from the relegation places anyway.

I think the biggest issue tonight for us was that Palace had identified Redmond as our main attacking threat and marked him out of the game, therefore we created very little. Good tactics from Palace, but worrying that we look so devoid of ideas without that threat from Redmond. If he gets injured we're screwed.

Valery taking a fair bit of flak from some posters but he wasn't as awful as some people like to make out. Defensively he is already much better than Targett. I can't wait for Bertrand to be fit again cos we really need him back.

Ings didn't really get any service and really you just have to congratulate Palace for an excellent defensive display. We didn't play well because they didn't let us.

McCarthy questionable again, but according to some he is immune from criticism. Beaten at his near post once again and failed to deal with any of Palace's corners - ran into his own team mate more than once.