Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

How many senior pros would currently be left out?

5. Currently 30 seniors (over 21s) as far as I can see. We may be able to leave Sam McQueen out for the fist half of the season given he is rumoured to be out injured. Still leaves at least 4.

McCarthy, Yoshida, Vestegaard, Stephens, Long, Ings, Austin, Elyounoussi, Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Armstrong, Lemina, Bertrand, Redmond, Hojbjerg, Gunn, Bednarek, Sims, Lewis, Forster, Barnes, Djenepo, Adams, Cedric, Boufal, Carrillo, Hoedt, McQueen, Reed, Hesketh. Possible I've missed a youngster who was u21 last season but has now "graduated", but can't think of anyone.

5. Currently 30 seniors (over 21s) as far as I can see. We may be able to leave Sam McQueen out for the fist half of the season given he is rumoured to be out injured. Still leaves at least 4.

McCarthy, Yoshida, Vestegaard, Stephens, Long, Ings, Austin, Elyounoussi, Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Armstrong, Lemina, Bertrand, Redmond, Hojbjerg, Gunn, Bednarek, Sims, Lewis, Forster, Barnes, Djenepo, Adams, Cedric, Boufal, Carrillo, Hoedt, McQueen, Reed, Hesketh. Possible I've missed a youngster who was u21 last season but has now "graduated", but can't think of anyone.

29, Djenepo is classified as U21, but other than that you’re correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29, Djenepo is classified as U21, but other than that you’re correct.

Thanks, hadn't realised he was so young.

By the way Home Grown players is not an issue, about 17 of the senior players are home grown, 8 is the requirement for naming a 25 man squad, so we would have to move 9 home grown senior players out before it comes into the calculation, which isn't going to happen.

Loan bid for CB Stanley N’soki from PSG has been rejected apparently.

Must have been loan with an option to buy

I don’t think we’re interested in developing other teams players to hand them back at the end of the year anymore.

Loan bid for CB Stanley N’soki from PSG has been rejected apparently.

Isn't he predominantly a left back?

Perhaps the manager doesn't think Vokins is ready yet.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

14 days to go.

Needed outs: Austin, Lemina, Carrillo, Stephens or Hoedt, Forster or McCarthy, Elyounoussi, maybe Cedric

Ins: CB, poss CM, poss RB

13 days now... Ross has got a big job on his hands.

Some of the players in this side have been subject to change. Reed & Boufal seem to have a chance of sticking around. Jury still out on Cedric & Hoedt. I'm still expecting a flurry of fringe loan departures too (Hesketh?)

Still some rumoured interest in the 3 frozen-out amigo-brigade (Lemina / Austin / Carrillo) so there's still a slight glimmer of hope that they could leave, at the very least, on loan.

-------------Forster/Macca--------------

Cedric----Stephens----Hoedt----Targett

Reed----Clasie----Lemina----Moi/Boufal

------------Carrillo-------Austin------------

The market will start moving towards end, clubs hands will be forced.

Once Maguire goes, that will cause a spiral of transfers.

Leicester have a bet spend of £76m this window. Maguire has already gone. Whether the transfer maker moves or not, announcing the Maguire transfer will have no impact!

Really don't think there's anything in this. Why would they loan us a player who has a year left. He could leave for free when the loan expires. Vokins is here to stay as Berties understudy. Upamecano left out of RB squad for their friendly a few days back..

Upamecano in

Carillo, Hoedt, Lemina and Austin out for some £

Job done.

Really don't think there's anything in this. Why would they loan us a player who has a year left. He could leave for free when the loan expires. Vokins is here to stay as Berties understudy. Upamecano left out of RB squad for their friendly a few days back..

Been out of all there squads this season.

Arsenal are talking like he is signing for them.

It is a bit hopeful but I like having a massive signing linked that is like a 20% chance at best. Last window we had augustin, the time before was Promes, its exciting. Can't remember last time we pulled one off, hopefully upamecano will break the trend.

Also further, I remember Seri last summer was linked to all the top sides especially arsenal and ended up at Fulham, so these things can happen. (Seri was very poor in the end but let's forget about that)

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

says who?

who is this lad and why is he being billed on here as the next Maldini?

The power of influence is strong. Leak out some big club links, ease out a few articles saying X is the next big thing.... Fans absolutely lap it up.

The brand and image portrayed is much more valuable than performances and reality now.

We need to do the same with Hoedt....

It is a bit hopeful but I like having a massive signing linked that is like a 20% chance at best. Last window we had augustin, the time before was Promes, its exciting. Can't remember last time we pulled one off, hopefully upamecano will break the trend.

I haven'y seen any genuine Upamecano links. Where are they?!

Think there was one from the Daily Express.

Point proven.

Exactly. There are no links, just fantasy.

RH said to Adam Blackmore just days ago that we would never be spending £30m on a player, its not the way we would do things.

Absolutely zero chance we could sign Upamecano for less than that sort of figure. Saliba was over £30m and has only played about 15 pro matches.

Eleven days to go...getting to crunch time. On the outs its looking pretty dismal at this stage.

Ins....nothing being mentioned yet and the last time we signed anyone without some strongs links beforehand was probably Mane.

Exactly. There are no links, just fantasy.

RH said to Adam Blackmore just days ago that we would never be spending £30m on a player, its not the way we would do things.

Absolutely zero chance we could sign Upamecano for less than that sort of figure. Saliba was over £30m and has only played about 15 pro matches.

Eleven days to go...getting to crunch time. On the outs its looking pretty dismal at this stage.

Ins....nothing being mentioned yet and the last time we signed anyone without some strongs links beforehand was probably Mane.

Hojbjerg?

Agree on the outgoings. I think we will see some loans out towards the end of the window.

Just need to accept the ramifications of wasting loads of money. Considering daft appointments like Pellegrino and Hughes, signings like Carrillo, Hoedt, even Lemina to some extent, we just can't go shopping as we might want.

Hopefully plenty will leave yet. We're lucky we're still left with a decent young squad and a good manager. Yeah CB won't be the strongest but every side outside the top 6 has some pretty major weaknesses. We'll still do fairly well I bet, and hopefully it'll be easier to invest in January or next summer.

This season is about not being relegation candidates after 2 rubbish seasons, and I'm sure we'll manage it.

You're probably right, but the best recipe for being in a relegation fight is giving away goals easily, and that's what we do.

Those three players you've listed might be a waste but all in different ways. Hoedt was the right type of player - (arguably) good on the ball and in the air, but you have to wonder who actually watched him over a period of time - because he always makes mistakes and looks dodgy. Lemina is a talented player, and it might not be easy to judge a player's character unless there are obvious black marks against him. The problem with Lemina (as it might also have been with Hoedt, Boufal and god knows who else) seems to be that we were so keen to sign him we basically guaranteed a move after 2 seasons now matter what.

So even in hindsight those signing were not total abominations, just details of them that you have to question. Carrillo on the other hand, was a move that no club priding itself of being well run, sensible or strategic should make.

This feels weird to say, especially considering our history over the last 5 years, but the most disappointing thing about this transfer window has been that so few players have left.

Completely agree! Difficult isn't it, because it's past mistakes that have left us at a point where our hands are tied until someone comes in for some of our players!

We need to do the same with Hoedt....

Tremendous underrated player, already with lots of Premiership and Spanish top flight experience, just coming into his prime and now interesting the likes of Ajax and AC Milan.

This feels weird to say, especially considering our history over the last 5 years, but the most disappointing thing about this transfer window has been that so few players have left.

disappointing, but utterly predictable. The only way to shift these guys is to pay a big chunk of their wages, like City did with Adebayor. Extremely painful to do that, but players wont leave for lower wages, and other clubs (without the riches of the Premier TV deals) are not going to match the wages. If we have three or four senior pros that can't even be part of the 25 player squad, then we may as well pay half or maybe even more of their wages. Better than paying 100%. I am guessing interested teams are waiting until last minute to squeeze every last penny from us.

Tremendous underrated player, already with lots of Premiership and Spanish top flight experience, just coming into his prime and now interesting the likes of Ajax and AC Milan.

You sound like an estate agent trying to flog a footballer.

If we don't manage to sign a decent CB it will almost be more frustrating because we actually have a good Manager, probably only for this season if he does well, and we could have a really well balanced side with a really good signing in that position.

Still no links, although at the fans forum RH was pretty certain we would sign more players, although no guarentee it would be a CB of course.

If we don't manage to sign a decent CB it will almost be more frustrating because we actually have a good Manager, probably only for this season if he does well, and we could have a really well balanced side with a really good signing in that position.

Still no links, although at the fans forum RH was pretty certain we would sign more players, although no guarentee it would be a CB of course.

At fans forum Ralph also seemed very content at the club and appears to be happy with level of control/input he has, which he might not get at say a top 6 club. I realise he won’t stay forever but saying he’ll probably only stay a season seems unnecessarily negative at this stage.

Hoedt's unique skill set is certainly nothing like that I've seen from any other defender since we've been back in the Premier League.

His ability to concentrate, his reading of the game and his positional sense are all completely unique.

Combined with that, his instinct about when to keep it simple and when to try something more adventurous with the ball is on a completely different level to anyone else currently playing the professional game.

I've not even touched on into his tackling ability or ability to win areal duels, but watching him perform them both is a roller-coaster of a thrill ride I can not recall experiencing as a saints fan before.

Overall, he's a really exciting player guaranteed to get the pulse racing every time he goes near a football.

Is it really a good idea being so transparent with our desperation to move on players ? Surely it’s weakening our hand?

Also I can’t see why this will be only a problem for us for example say Jordy Clasie had of been a hit, that would have probably pushed one of the other midfielders into unwanted failure mode, like wise if Hoedt had been a hit we could have been moaning about vestergaard or whoever else needing to be sold now ?

Not all players can be in the first team.

Is it really a good idea being so transparent with our desperation to move on players ? Surely it’s weakening our hand?

Also I can’t see why this will be only a problem for us for example say Jordy Clasie had of been a hit, that would have probably pushed one of the other midfielders into unwanted failure mode, like wise if Hoedt had been a hit we could have been moaning about vestergaard or whoever else needing to be sold now ?

Not all players can be in the first team.

it would be quite obvious without it being in the Daily Echo.