Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

Well without looking

Newcastle have Scharr and Laselles

Wolves have Boly and Coady

Everton have Keane and Mina

Brighton have Dunk and Duffy

West ham have Diop and Ogbonna

What's the point you are making, that they all have some equally average centre backs as there's very few worldies in there.

What's the point you are making, that they all have some equally average centre backs as there's very few worldies in there.

That wasnt the point, the point was have those teams got 2 better cbs in there squad than yoshi, and those have, never said they were worldies

Prem teams Yoshi would get game time for, if any of these teams have two better CBs than Yoshi i'll be surprised. Arsenal maybe, none of the others?

Bournemouth

Arsenal

Aston Villa

Brighton

Burnley

Crystal Palace

Everton

Newcastle

Norwich

Sheff utd

Saints

Watford

West Ham

Wolves

You genuinely believe Yoshida would be the second-best CB at every one of those teams? Madness.

I’d heard we enquired about Christiensen, perhaps crossed wires somewhere or we were knocked back for him but told Tomori was available...

Would be a very good move IMO. Having managed him last season, Lampard might feel Tomori is ready for mid table PL as a significant step up but that pushing for top 4 he isn't consistent enough for yet. Christiansen is more likely to be a first teamer at Chelsea now. Tomori will make mistakes but has recovery pace and also the likes of Vest and Bednarek are good defenders who read the game well but benefit from more pace alongside them. Yoshi is the only one with any pace at present and would keep him. Not sure what that might mean for Hoedt, if RH thinks his attitude is better might he sell one of the other CBs who someone is more likely to want?

We've agreed terms with a kid called Diamond Edwards from Reading.

£160,000 up front with the potential of £1.3m total depending on appearances etc.

16 years old, midfielder, very highly rated within RFC but refused to sign a new contract. Decent Left peg on him.

Seems like win-win for all clubs involved.

He’s not. One of the reasons we’ve conceded so many goals over the last couple of seasons has been the lack of protection offered by the defensive midfield. He seems a nice guy but in reality is no better than an average premier league midfielder such as Isaac Hayden, Ki Sung-yueng or Dale Stephens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanyama is available... ;-)

But I agree. Get a good CB and a good defensive CM and we'd be really not bad at all. As it stands we might score a few, but we will leak like a sieve.

£160,000 up front with the potential of £1.3m total depending on appearances etc.

16 years old, midfielder, very highly rated within RFC but refused to sign a new contract. Decent Left peg on him.

Let's hope we've unearthed a...oh never mind

Would be a very good move IMO. Having managed him last season, Lampard might feel Tomori is ready for mid table PL as a significant step up but that pushing for top 4 he isn't consistent enough for yet. Christiansen is more likely to be a first teamer at Chelsea now. Tomori will make mistakes but has recovery pace and also the likes of Vest and Bednarek are good defenders who read the game well but benefit from more pace alongside them. Yoshi is the only one with any pace at present and would keep him. Not sure what that might mean for Hoedt, if RH thinks his attitude is better might he sell one of the other CBs who someone is more likely to want?

Chelsea demanded a £9m loan fee for Zouma, when he went to stoke. Not sure what Everton paid. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them ask something similar for Tomori. Plenty of premier league clubs will be interested. No chance at that kind of fee IMO

I doubt Reading will view it as a win. That is the default compensation package and isn't a huge amount.

Prem teams Yoshi would get game time for, if any of these teams have two better CBs than Yoshi i'll be surprised. Arsenal maybe, none of the others?

Bournemouth

Arsenal

Aston Villa

Brighton

Burnley

Crystal Palace

Everton

Newcastle

Norwich

Sheff utd

Saints

Watford

West Ham

Wolves

Look at it the other way, none of these sides have 2 CBs you wouldn’t swap Yoshi? Keane and Mina? Sakho and Tomkins? Lascelles and Schar?

Is this confirmed yet? Only saw it reported by Football-Insider, who have a pretty patchy record with us.

Chelsea demanded a £9m loan fee for Zouma, when he went to stoke. Not sure what Everton paid. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them ask something similar for Tomori. Plenty of premier league clubs will be interested. No chance at that kind of fee IMO

May come back again to who we can shift (or not). If Hoedt and Lemina had already left, I doubt this would be an option on the table and the club would be looking to buy, but if Tomori fits what RH wants to do, then £9m loan fee is steep (Zouma was a more senior player though) but insignificant compared to another year's PL football. If we finished 9-12th, that would be recouped easily as well.

I doubt Reading will view it as a win. That is the default compensation package and isn't a huge amount.

Given their financial predicament, any money in at the moment is a blessing for them.

Obviously they’d have liked to have kept him, but £160k minimum for a 16 year old nowhere near the first team isn’t bad for them

Do you think something is still happening with Upamecano?

Can't see how we'd afford either of these guys to be honest.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we need to sell before we buy...but if you want a team to reduce the price of a highly rated teenage French CB down to a level that Saints can afford (under £30m), then convince the other team that it is not the only highly rated teenage French CB you're looking at.

immensely harsh on yoshida who has come a long long way from the days where a mistake would throw away the game every time he played...those backpasses to the keeper...heartattack every time. he has improved tremendously since and i believe he is our longest serving player and deserves credit for that. saying that i dont think he is a nailed on starter and if we do play a 2 i'd rather start with bednarek and vest and still be looking to replace one with a commanding cb. just look how yoshida was immediately better when playing next to vvd, we really need to shift hoedt or stephens in my opinion and get somebody of that mould in

L'Equip reported Wolves were bidding £35m for this cb earlier in the window, seems he is probably out of our means.
Probably. But aren't you one of the ones that thinks we will sign Upamecano?

If this guy and Saliba are £30m wiyh very little first team experience then the one with actual playing experience, at a higher level, will surely be a lot more?

Boufal £8m

Reed £5m

Carrillo £8m

Austin £8m

Lemina £15m

Hesketh £3m

Hoedt £10m

Stephens £8m

McCarthy £10m

HTH

Be realistic .........

Reed £0.5M

Carrillo £5m

Austin £5m

Lemina £20m

Hesketh £0.5m

Hoedt £5m

Stephens £2m

McCarthy £5m

And we'll be lucky to move 2 or 3 them on before the window closes.

Be realistic .........

Reed £0.5M

Carrillo £5m

Austin £5m

Lemina £20m

Hesketh £0.5m

Hoedt £5m

Stephens £2m

McCarthy £5m

Who thought Targett was worth £17m........

Be realistic .........

Reed £0.5M

Carrillo £5m

Austin £5m

Lemina £20m

Hesketh £0.5m

Hoedt £5m

Stephens £2m

McCarthy £5m

Just trying to help Supersaint envision how we could raise £30m :smilie:

So we are agreed that, even on your pessimistic numbers, Lemina plus 2 could see us raise £30m. Not that I think we’ll spend £30m on a CB.

At least some links are coming up again, feels like we've not even had any rumours for the last couple of weeks.

Maybe we'll see a few Ings like deals, loans with a commitment to buy or some moves with lots of instalments like Arsenal have done with Pepe

It's not just about raising £30m - if we raised half of that but reduced the wage bill significantly we'd still look at spending £30m. We do need to rid ourselves of a few high earners to do it though.

Your right we probably don’t even need the fee it’s the wages we’re paying if we shift lemina, Austin job done it’s shifting that’s the problem

So with Brighton about to spend £20m+ on Andy Webster from Bristol City and Sheff Utd about to spend £20m on Swansea's Oli McBurnie, other than Norwich and Burnley, do we now have the lowest transfer record in the Prem? Whilst I accept high transfers fees are no guarantee of success (see Fulham last season), surely it gives a sense of transfer market muscle? I know Brighton's outlay will be as much about Lewis Dunk's impending departure but I can't shake the feeling our ability to compete financially is diminishing even against our lower/middle table rivals.

Hopefully, eventually shifting some of our unwanted higher earners will free up not only space but also our market competitiveness. I'm fine with Ralph suggesting we won't be competing in the £30 million plus market but surely the £20m - £30m market is achievable for us when squad space allows?

So with Brighton about to spend £20m+ on Andy Webster from Bristol City and Sheff Utd about to spend £20m on Swansea's Oli McBurnie, other than Norwich and Burnley, do we now have the lowest transfer record in the Prem? Whilst I accept high transfers fees are no guarantee of success (see Fulham last season), surely it gives a sense of transfer market muscle? I know Brighton's outlay will be as much about Lewis Dunk's impending departure but I can't shake the feeling our ability to compete financially is diminishing even against our lower/middle table rivals.

Hopefully, eventually shifting some of our unwanted higher earners will free up not only space but also our market competitiveness. I'm fine with Ralph suggesting we won't be competing in the £30 million plus market but surely the £20m - £30m market is achievable for us when squad space allows?

It's a fair point. We consistently live within our means, which is fine but it means we have to constantly find the next Mane or VD, and for every one of those is a Juanmi, Hoedt or El Younoussi. We got 75m for VD; but we can't buy players for that price, so we went the 'quantity' route and didn't really get any better for it.

When you see West Ham and Leicester hitting the 40m mark on players, it leaves me a bit miffed that we've only ever gone halfway to that. At what point do we start breaking past our 12-15m threshold?

Norwich are some way lower than ours but other than them, Burnley and Watford I think we are the next lowest!

McBurnie £17m