Wolves vs. Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Not great but we're not doing bad, certainly been an improvement on our last game. Noticeably we're much happier to hoof it out from the back when under pressure rather than give it away in stupid areas.

Would be nice if we could score though.

Massive let off. Not playing to the whistle in the buildup to their 'goal', everyone just stopped. Redmond guilty of trying to take everyone on, all the time. He needs to find some passes. Gunn is a liability with these charges out of the box.

We're in this as it stands but I just can't see us scoring or keeping clean sheets.

Hojbjerg absolutely stealing a living at the moment as a footballer. Would like to see him out for Boufal or Armstrong but it's never going to happen unless he picks up an injury.

He's always stole a living - he's never been good at anything. Fist pumps alot though.

You keep repeating this, but literally nobody is actually saying it.

They're not saying it now... as people are slowly realising he's utter f()cking cr4p... but they were.

Still a few holding out though with excuses like; goalkeeper coaching, whole teams fault etc...

Now he doesn't have the most robust defence or midfield in front of him but if you let in 1 goal every 1.8 shots and every other part of your game is average to terrible then chances are, you're not very good.

As he's proving today. That said, he'll pull one save off and everyone will forget again, much like Forster until he got abominally bad.

Hojberg looks much better in this shape as do much of the team. Been excellent today.

Redmond looking dangerous but needs a word to not want todo ithimself every t8me.

Bertrand playing well too.

However defense still looks too fragile to simple balls and Gunn is an accident waiting to happen.

Not a fan of var or new handball rule but they have saved our bacon today.

Huge second half coming.

Overall, it's not been as bad a performance as I predicted beforehand. We seem to be keeping Wolves in their own half pretty well, but still looking a little shaky when they do threaten. Gunn will be the man most relieved about the two disallowed goals, as he could and should have done better on both occasions. First time racing off his line with no chance of getting the ball, and then parrying a weak shot into the danger area.

Up front, we seem to be having good possession around their area but, again, not making the right decisions with it. What does Bertrand have to do to convince Redmond to actually use him on the overlap FFS? JWP, as usual, is anonymous and offering nothing going forward, and I would replace him with Boufal at HT - though we just know Ralph won't do that.

I hate to tempt fate but I reckon the game is there for the taking. Wolves are not firing on all cylinders today so if we don't get anything from this we will only have ourselves to blame.