Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

Time to park the negative RH stuff and get behind him and the team.

He's got a new backroom team - which was desparately needed; and some new (and seemingly better) players - which we were crying out for.

Wasn't the rumour SR was giving him 12 games to show he's the man for us? Works for me.

• Like 4

One thing is for certain, his demeanour has changed at his press conferences. Bit too much sarcasm in his replies now and much more evasive about player matters. Looks edgy and uncomfortable at times as though his every word is being scrutinised from above. Not the relaxed, confident, cheerful chappie of yester-year. Probably is the 12 game thing hanging over him.

14 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

One thing is for certain, his demeanour has changed at his press conferences. Bit too much sarcasm in his replies now and much more evasive about player matters. Looks edgy and uncomfortable at times as though his every word is being scrutinised from above. Not the relaxed, confident, cheerful chappie of yester-year. Probably is the 12 game thing hanging over him.

Probably cos he knows he has to turn around appalling form with a tough fixture list, that said hopefully we can pull off a Shock win today! If we stick with the 4-4-2 with the best players available in their correct positions and work ethic is high im sure we can! 

19 hours ago, Suhari said:

Time to park the negative RH stuff and get behind him and the team.

He's got a new backroom team - which was desparately needed; and some new (and seemingly better) players - which we were crying out for.

Wasn't the rumour SR was giving him 12 games to show he's the man for us? Works for me.

Doesn't work for me if he fails to get a few wins in those 12 games. 

As posted in the match thread… 

For those who are slagging off the likes of Dyche and Big Sam but backing Ralph, clearly aren’t watching our demise. 

10 men behind the ball, 1 lonely striker with the ball being lumped up to him. no pressing, no plan. 

Ralph has basically become a BTEC Big Sam. 

Dreadful. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Alan Sugarfree said:

Let’s see how it plays out in the next few games before heralding him as a genius….

I’ve never heralded him as a genius but let’s maybe give him time to mould a team from these young lads before the public lynching.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Thought he got it spot on today. Distilled real fight in this side. Need to believe a bit more from the start, but deserves a huge amount of credit today. Spot on from him. 

we were shite for large parts of the gamen😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I’ve never heralded him as a genius but let’s maybe give him time to mould a team from these young lads before the public lynching.

What public lynching exactly? He's been getting well deserved criticism after one of the worst runs in the club's history. He has already had more chances than pretty much any other prem manager would get. Let's hope he does turn this into a decent run of form. I'm not holding my breath though.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

we were shite for large parts of the gamen😆

Sometimes it feels like people discount strategy from how they view the game. 

Adams couldnt start so Ralph went for the counter option with mara and Armstrong starting, we absorbed leciesters possession and mara got the ball into the net on a break from an offside.

Leciester went ahead from a freekick with a poorly positioned wall, we changed tactics from the counter to the hold up with runners when we brought on the half fit che and it paid off.

Credit to everyone to be honest.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

Adams couldnt start so Ralph went for the counter option with mara and Armstrong starting, we absorbed leciesters possession and mara got the ball into the net on a break from an offside.

Leciester went ahead from a freekick with a poorly positioned wall, we changed tactics from the counter to the hold up with runners when we brought on the half fit che and it paid off.

Yup, agree with all this. Felt like we were a bit scared to push too far up the pitch first half, and was more about getting through the first half at 0-0. Once we got the belief with us, we were brilliant, it will take time with these young players, but some great management and football today in that second half. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Trying out pragmatism on Saintsweb? Brave chap. :)

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Thought he got it spot on today. Distilled real fight in this side. Need to believe a bit more from the start, but deserves a huge amount of credit today. Spot on from him. 

Yep. He drives me nuts. He can get it horribly wrong with bizarre line ups and tactics. Then we have comebacks and positive tactical changes ike last week, and days like to day.

I don't mind admitting that I'm all over the place with my thoughts about the bloke! 

• Like 2

I don't think it's alien to Ralph that he's been under pressure but this result and the come back last week will do wonders for his confidence and decision making going forward. If he can keep it up then I'm all for him sticking around. It seems our signings have been good and possibly could make all the difference going forward. It took a brave manager to start Djenepo at left back today but he did it and respect to him for that. Subs have worked for us too,  how much of that is down to Selles or him I don't know but Ralph surely has the final decision.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

I think he was forced into dropping Adams due to him missing training this week, but he definitely changed what he needed to.

Absolute credit goes to him today for dropping the 352 in favour of a 4 back formation but also.. the tactical tweeks in game.. going from 4231 to 4321 to 4222… it nullified Leicester effectively and he made his changes when necessary to turn the screw

Im still not 100% convinced but, overall, our transfers have been good and we’ve taken 4 points from a largely difficult first 3 games

Long may it continue 👏🏻

• Like 3

Only listened to the commentary on Solent (Jo Tessam as co-commentator was awful BTW), seemed quite an even low quality affair. Can't really add to what's already been posted other than maybe it seems Ralph is finally listening to those around him and making some successful changes when required - Leeds last week when we were gone, and now this game, despite Leicesters decline still a difficult place to get a result. The new players look promising, pleased with Djanepo who by all accounts is performing well. Mid table beckons?

9 minutes ago, kyle04 said:

Only listened to the commentary on Solent (Jo Tessam as co-commentator was awful BTW), seemed quite an even low quality affair. Can't really add to what's already been posted other than maybe it seems Ralph is finally listening to those around him and making some successful changes when required - Leeds last week when we were gone, and now this game, despite Leicesters decline still a difficult place to get a result. The new players look promising, pleased with Djanepo who by all accounts is performing well. Mid table beckons?

Jo Tessem talked too much, while the play was going on, but not about the play. Thought he was a summariser. Summary should  be sharp and short, not on and on

18 hours ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

What public lynching exactly? He's been getting well deserved criticism after one of the worst runs in the club's history. He has already had more chances than pretty much any other prem manager would get. Let's hope he does turn this into a decent run of form. I'm not holding my breath though.

Exactly.

3 or 4 points is about par for the fixtures we’ve had, we’re not going to get much from the top sides so need to find 10 or 11 wins from the likes of Leeds & Leicester. Utd will probably lose to Liverpool tomorrow, so they’re  ripe for the taking next week. Let’s go for it from the off, not wait until we’re behind. 

16 hours ago, Smirking_Saint said:

I think he was forced into dropping Adams due to him missing training this week, but he definitely changed what he needed to.

Absolute credit goes to him today for dropping the 352 in favour of a 4 back formation but also.. the tactical tweeks in game.. going from 4231 to 4321 to 4222… it nullified Leicester effectively and he made his changes when necessary to turn the screw

Im still not 100% convinced but, overall, our transfers have been good and we’ve taken 4 points from a largely difficult first 3 games

Long may it continue 👏🏻

I like the sentiment of your post, but Leeds and Leicester are not "largely difficult" fixtures in the Prem I'm afraid. Both those teams will be struggling along with us this season.

4 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

I like the sentiment of your post, but Leeds and Leicester are not "largely difficult" fixtures in the Prem I'm afraid. Both those teams will be struggling along with us this season.

Im not completely convinced by Ralph.. I was always pro Ralph until our emd of season form and the dire 352 experiment this year

But regardless of that, pre season we were looking at difficult August fixtures and 4 points from 9 is good even if in hindsight Leeds/ Leicester are poor

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Im not completely convinced by Ralph.. I was always pro Ralph until our emd of season form and the dire 352 experiment this year

But regardless of that, pre season we were looking at difficult August fixtures and 4 points from 9 is good even if in hindsight Leeds/ Leicester are poor

In the context of we were all probably expecting nil points, I agree 4 points is unexpected and most welcome!

• Like 1

On 20/08/2022 at 21:24, Whitey Grandad said:

That lasted well ;)

One swallow doesn't make a summer! but a fantastic win let's see what happens against United as we all know saints have a habit of returning to type 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

One swallow doesn't make a summer! but a fantastic win let's see what happens against United as we all know saints have a habit of returning to type 

It's also worth saying, They still have players like Ronaldo and Fernandes... on there day they are unplayable.

5 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

It's also worth saying, They still have players like Ronaldo and Fernandes... on there day they are unplayable.

Yes all depends which United turns up and to a greater extent what saints turns up too 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl