Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

20 hours ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Im not completely convinced by Ralph.. I was always pro Ralph until our emd of season form and the dire 352 experiment this year

But regardless of that, pre season we were looking at difficult August fixtures and 4 points from 9 is good even if in hindsight Leeds/ Leicester are poor

Tbh I don't know how anyone can sit here and say Leeds are poor? They've done great business and have been tactically very effective under Marsch -  feel like he is very underated purely because he's an American? They were going down last year before he arrived, and he's come in, changed out key players, and built a very dangerous and workman like team. Great result against Chelsea as well yesterday. 

It was a good point for us all things considered. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Yup, there is no shame losing to Utd, they’re still going to finish above our highest ever points tally! 

Yeah true, I feel like we're probably playing them a game or two to late in all seriousness. They're going to have to sort themselves out soon, and it's basically unthinkable that they'll lose their first 4 surely? It feels like it's been a while since we beat them at home though, would be a nice win to get and one that should really give the players and Ralph a big confidence boost after the negativity and pressure that's built up lately. 

1 minute ago, Toussaint said:

You jest, but i did wonder after last night that he will go into flappy mode for this one and over complicate things.

Hopefully Selles and the new coaching team continue to balance things against the flapping, over-complication and falling out with players.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

You jest, but i did wonder after last night that he will go into flappy mode for this one and over complicate things.

I really wasn’t joking. The team should pretty much pick itself, but you never know with Ralph around. He’ll probably bring Bednarek back & start Redmond up top. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

Hopefully Selles and the new coaching team continue to balance things against the flapping, over-complication and falling out with players.  

Aha. When we do well it's because of the coaching team, when we do poorly it's beccause of RH?

• Like 2

On 21/08/2022 at 15:37, stevy777_x said:

So are you plastics done with demanding Ralph out?

ROFL ... Leicester were pants. For once we lucked out and got a fixture against them while they are in turmoil. I believe any Prem side would have beaten them on Saturday. It's good that we did (eventually), but its no barometer of a game.

Looks like Utd have found a team and rhythm that works. Unfortunately they will be going into Saturday grinning. Brentford got them at the right time last week and capitalised on it.

For me, Wolves away, Brentford home and Villa away are the key indicators. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Dragon_man said:

ROFL ... Leicester were pants. For once we lucked out and got a fixture against them while they are in turmoil. I believe any Prem side would have beaten them on Saturday. It's good that we did (eventually), but its no barometer of a game.

Looks like Utd have found a team and rhythm that works. Unfortunately they will be going into Saturday grinning. Brentford got them at the right time last week and capitalised on it.

You can only beat what is in front of you.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Dragon_man said:

Brentford couldnt beat them at the King Power but the following week destroyed Man U.

1 hour ago, Suhari said:

Aha. When we do well it's because of the coaching team, when we do poorly it's beccause of RH?

Go back far enough and you’ll see I’ve long advocated some better coaches alongside Ralph who could properly support him, and not let him get in the way of himself.  It appears it may be working.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dragon_man said:

It's only one game. United have been great at false dawns after one good performance over the last 7 or 8 years. At the point they're being written off they pull one out of the bag and then go back to being pleased with themselves.

Then again, they'll probably still turn us over at home. With the players they have we simply shouldn't be able to live with them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dragon_man said:

I could swear we drew 2-2 all with a team that whipped Chelsea 3-0 this weekend too

what's the reason for that one?

Leeds players given a overdose of Yorkshire Tea on the flight down?

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2759513

Worth a read.

Changing formation several times, Hasenhuttl's in-game decision-making was outstanding during the second halves of both matches.

Since Hasenhuttl took charge in December 2018, only Leicester City of the "non-Big Six" clubs has benefited from more goals and assists from players who started on the bench.

10 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2759513

Worth a read.

Changing formation several times, Hasenhuttl's in-game decision-making was outstanding during the second halves of both matches.

Since Hasenhuttl took charge in December 2018, only Leicester City of the "non-Big Six" clubs has benefited from more goals and assists from players who started on the bench.

Not sure if that’s indicative of good in game decision making, or that he picks the wrong side in the first place.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Kraken said:

Not sure if that’s indicative of good in game decision making, or that he picks the wrong side in the first place.

If the Leicester game had panned out the other way around, everyone would be raging that, having taken the lead through a set piece in a cagey game, Ralph was completely out-thought by a far more adept and versatile manager, with a much better plan B.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Didn't hear any songs about how he was going to be "sacked in the morning" yesterday.

I guess all the people singing that at the Leeds game don't want him sacked now?

Probably because our pre season is nearly complete, after the farce that was actually pre season (and the 3/5 at the beck experiment).  Interestingly, Ralph can't distance himself enough from it, when picking up on his quotes over the last week or so.

1 hour ago, coalman said:

Anyone who put a bet on Ralph to be the first managerial casualty of the season just lost their money.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/aug/30/bournemouth-sack-scott-parker-as-manager-after-9-0-defeat-at-liverpool

So his team beats Villa, then loses to two of the strongest teams in the world and a VERY strong arsenal side and he gets the sack?! Sounds crazy to me even with the horrendous goal difference. I can't really imagine any manager in the world could have done much better with the squad Parker had.

Imagine he had a decent enough pay off, and with last season in mind I'd imagine a plethora of Champo clubs will be very interested, but still cant help but feel for the fella.

2 minutes ago, ElTrinidad said:

So his team beats Villa, then loses to two of the strongest teams in the world and a VERY strong arsenal side and he gets the sack?! Sounds crazy to me even with the horrendous goal difference. I can't really imagine any manager in the world could have done much better with the squad Parker had.

There's more to it than just the results. The manager and the board were on completely different pages in term of player acquisition strategy. They would have inevitably parted ways regardless by the sound of things. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, trousers said:

There's more to it than just the results. The manager and the board were on completely different pages in term of player acquisition strategy. They would have inevitably parted ways regardless by the sound of things. 

Seems like a consistent thing with parker both at bournemouth and fulham. 

1 hour ago, ElTrinidad said:

Imagine he had a decent enough pay off, and with last season in mind I'd imagine a plethora of Champo clubs will be very interested, but still cant help but feel for the fella.

Agree, it is a mental decision. I did think his comments were a bit odd after the game though.  

Will be interesting to see how Bournemouth react, could go into a right tail-spin.

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

Agree, it is a mental decision. I did think his comments were a bit odd after the game though.  

Will be interesting to see how Bournemouth react, could go into a right tail-spin.

I thought they’d go down prior to the season starting but I think they’re absolutely done now.

They’ll have to get a manager in who is happy to work with the players that are currently there, i.e. your Nigel Pearson’s etc. They aren’t going to be getting anyone of note when there’s a day left of the window and they can’t make any major changes. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s not any sort of surprise he’s gone, he gave interviews where he threw his players and the owners under the bus. Comments like “we’re under equipped at this level’, ‘we need some help at this moment in time’, ‘we’re not competitive’ and ‘we need new players for sure’ may be his honest opinion but they were clearly barbs at the owners for not letting him spend. It seemed to me like he’d been told he wasn’t getting much more money so he’s stuck it back on the owners and he won’t be too happy to take his pay off.

On 28/08/2022 at 09:18, The Cat said:

Didn't hear any songs about how he was going to be "sacked in the morning" yesterday.

I guess all the people singing that at the Leeds game don't want him sacked now?

I wanted him gone and was very critical of him. There comes a point though where you see he is going to be backed so then I made a decision to be supportive. Not that it matters to Ralph or anyone else of course. So far he has a draw and a win and has a team selection that is looking better than it has for a long time. Kind of reminds me of Italia 90 when Bobby Robson was forced by circumstance to pick the formation and team everyone knew he should have been picking from the start.

Ralph is a long way from being out of the woods, but let's hope he can turn the ship round and we all get an enjoyable season.

7 hours ago, coalman said:

Anyone who put a bet on Ralph to be the first managerial casualty of the season just lost their money.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/aug/30/bournemouth-sack-scott-parker-as-manager-after-9-0-defeat-at-liverpool

Or of course Scott Parker’s sacking leaves him free for Forest to sign him as a central midfielder.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

I wanted him gone and was very critical of him. There comes a point though where you see he is going to be backed so then I made a decision to be supportive. Not that it matters to Ralph or anyone else of course. So far he has a draw and a win and has a team selection that is looking better than it has for a long time. Kind of reminds me of Italia 90 when Bobby Robson was forced by circumstance to pick the formation and team everyone knew he should have been picking from the start.

Ralph is a long way from being out of the woods, but let's hope he can turn the ship round and we all get an enjoyable season.

Seems pretty enjoyable at the moment and if we get in a striker things maybe even more enjoyable

5 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

I personally think we should of put a couple of strikers on with 10 minutes to go. They were blowing and I think Mara or even Theo would of drawn fouls.

But that would be not allowed would it not as I thought we could only have 11 players on the field

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Part of me thinks maybe Ralph was told to listen to his coaching staff entirely hence the switch to 3 at the back, and now we've achieved a synergy between their input and Ralph's.

Cant help believe something happened before/during pre season, which was reversed after the spurs game and being 2-0 against Leeds....There must be more to it than Ralph deciding all of a sudden to go 3 at the back

13 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

I personally think we should of put a couple of strikers on with 10 minutes to go. They were blowing and I think Mara or even Theo would of drawn fouls.

I agree with this. Che and Ely were shot. Mara on for one of them would have worked, but having said that they were both still putting their bodies around and pressing where possible, so I'm not unduly concerned with the choice not to bring someone on.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Part of me thinks maybe Ralph was told to listen to his coaching staff entirely hence the switch to 3 at the back, and now we've achieved a synergy between their input and Ralph's.

I said after Ralph’s comments against Spurs that I thought he wasn’t the originator of the 3 at the back, Ralph was always predominantly a 4. That said he’s also diverted for the 4-2-2-2 to a 4-2-3-1, which looks more solid.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl