Summer Transfer Window 2021

Dusic

34 minutes ago, Nolan said:

as a reminder. Saints have been speaking to Caleta-Cars' agents recently.

he is with ICM Stellar, as are JWP and Adam Armstrong.

Caleta Car has a previous association with Kitzbichler.

It certainly would be the most logical approach to make.

This is one that would make me happy, although he is right-footed.

12 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

This is one that would make me happy, although he is right-footed.

plays left centre back in all the videos. Looks pretty two footed to me.

He's not a rolls royce of a CB like VVD, but there are some similar traits. He's kind of like a Salisu but better on the ball. Looks powerful in the air, and dominates on the floor, which we desperately need. He gets stuck in, my only concern is a lot of the time he gets a little too tight or the wrong side fractionally. He recovers that situation well by strong arming (fouling, using his body etc.) the opponent, which is both good and bad. We want that physical presence, but we don't want to give all those free kicks away. Better opponents will need a little more respect perhaps. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chez said:

plays left centre back in all the videos. Looks pretty two footed to me.

He's not a rolls royce of a CB like VVD, but there are some similar traits. He's kind of like a Salisu but better on the ball. Looks powerful in the air, and dominates on the floor, which we desperately need. He gets stuck in, my only concern is a lot of the time he gets a little too tight or the wrong side fractionally. He recovers that situation well by strong arming (fouling, using his body etc.) the opponent, which is both good and bad. We want that physical presence, but we don't want to give all those free kicks away. Better opponents will need a little more respect perhaps. 

Sounds more like an Audi to me. Better than the Skodas we are used to anyway.

Edited by Turkish

2 hours ago, Nolan said:

as a reminder. Saints have been speaking to Caleta-Cars' agents recently.

he is with ICM Stellar, as are JWP and Adam Armstrong.

Caleta Car has a previous association with Kitzbichler.

It certainly would be the most logical approach to make.

Really hope we get this guy

Cahill confirmed to Bournemouth. 

Can we even afford Caleta-Car? Hes valued on transfermarkt at £22.5m and Marseille paid over £17m for him. Surely he's going to cost in excess of £25m with his contract still having a couple of years remaining.

Edited by Saint Scott

4 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

Cahill confirmed to Bournemouth. 

Can we even afford Caleta-Car? Hes valued on transfermarkt at £22.5m and Marseille paid over £17m for him. Surely he's going to cost in excess of £25m with his contract still having a couple of years remaining.

There isn't really any firm links to anyone, he's just one of a few we are interested in. Like you say probably more than we are prepared to pay as we buy from TK MAxx these days

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

There isn't really any firm links to anyone, he's just one of a few we are interested in. Like you say probably more than we are prepared to pay as we buy from TK MAxx these days

Poundland more like. Here's hoping we splash the cash on such an important position.

Southampton should try to sign Onana from Ajax. With his contract up next summer and him being suspended a few more months (he can start training with his team in September) he's available on the cheap. He really wants to go to a big CL club but those are not interested atm. If Saints can offer him PL football plus a lowish release clause he might be tempted.

Onana gets a possibility to show he can handle the PL, Saints will have (one of) the best goalkeepers in the PL for at least one season and financially everybody gets something out of it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Never heard of him. What do you know about him? Seen much of him?

Seen him play a few times on TV, (appreciate it's not the same as in real life), 23, Holland International, plays for AZ. Plays majority of the time at DM, left footed. Likes to play the ball forward and likes to only take a few touches before he moves it on.  From what I've seen, he's kind of similar to Xhaka.  

Certainly fits the logic of young, hungry and guaranteed to improve...

9 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Would love us to go after Teun Koopmeiners, plays both CB and CM, available for £15m ish.

Probably out of our league given he was on the verge of going to Atalanta recently. Can see Villa maybe putting a bid in though having missed out on JWP.

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

Seen him play a few times on TV, (appreciate it's not the same as in real life), 23, Holland International, plays for AZ. Plays majority of the time at DM, left footed. Likes to play the ball forward and likes to only take a few touches before he moves it on.  From what I've seen, he's kind of similar to Xhaka.  

Also got a decent eye for goal and takes a mean free kick. When I saw him he looked less of a DM and more like a budget JWP. Holding mid, great passer, good shot on him, maybe a little lightweight in the tackle.

3 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Sounds good, AZ seem to produce some good players. We could do with looking at clubs like this get in their before the bigger Dutch teams do

Edited by Turkish

31 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Would love us to go after Teun Koopmeiners, plays both CB and CM, available for £15m ish.

he's the guy we discussed on here a fair bit last summer in relation to CM before we signed Diallo. Very nice left peg, big solid guy, extremely comfortable on the ball, reminds me of Tom Huddleston in terms of style. Classy. I think the feedback from our Dutch fans was that he was good, but perhaps not quite Prem ready. Has he had another good season?

I may have got the wrong fella of course. 

• Like 1

I was going to suggest we take another look at Michael Cuisance. Another player discussed on this forum last summer with a great left peg, as I recall. I thought he was by far and away the best of the midfielders, talent wise, we chatted about. He was the guy going to sign for Leeds last summer from Bayern, but failed a medical, so went on loan to Marseille.

I Googled him to see how that loan went and looks like not very well (understatement) and now he's back at Bayern - they are now desperate to get rid amidst talk of poor attitude/lack of application. The article I read pointed to him acting a twat to get the move to Bayern and now surprise surprise they have a twat they don't want. Not saying we should sign, but highlighting how easy it is to sign a Lemina.

Sorry, you didnt really need to know any of this. I am just trying to get Michael Cuisance out of my system, as I really wanted us to sign him. Nothing to see here...

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

TK Maxx sell named brands so sounds more like West Ham. We're more of a home bargains.

Found this lequipe article saying Marseille only want £14m for Caleta-Car which sounds a bargain!

10 minutes ago, Chez said:

I was going to suggest we take another look at Michael Cuisance. Another player discussed on this forum last summer with a great left peg, as I recall. I thought he was by far and away the best of the midfielders, talent wise, we chatted about. He was the guy going to sign for Leeds last summer from Bayern, but failed a medical, so went on loan to Marseille.

I Googled him to see how that loan went and looks like not very well (understatement) and now he's back at Bayern - they are now desperate to get rid amidst talk of poor attitude/lack of application. The article I read pointed to him acting a twat to get the move to Bayern and now surprise surprise they have a twat they don't want. Not saying we should sign, but highlighting how easy it is to sign a Lemina.

Sorry, you didnt really need to know any of this. I am just trying to get Michael Cuisance out of my system, as I really wanted us to sign him. Nothing to see here...

Sounds like Michael Cuisance is a bit of a nuisance. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chez said:

he's the guy we discussed on here a fair bit last summer in relation to CM before we signed Diallo. Very nice left peg, big solid guy, extremely comfortable on the ball, reminds me of Tom Huddleston in terms of style. Classy. I think the feedback from our Dutch fans was that he was good, but perhaps not quite Prem ready. Has he had another good season?

I may have got the wrong fella of course. 

He plays both CM and CB for AZ - i looked a couple of weeks ago and it looked like he was off to Atalanta for 16mil or something

Edit - just checked he's still there - AZ and Atlanta seem to be playing the waiting game - Roma/Napoli/Leeds and Wolves mentioned - fans think he wont go to leeds or wolves cos they are shit holes.

Edited by Convict Colony

43 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Assuming/hoping we'll find something out about how close we are to a CB in around half an hour.

Ralph guarenteed we will sign a CB.

Nothing more said, possible some stuff in the written press section that will be released at 10.30pm.

• Sad 1

The interview with Tella was excellent,  the kid has all the attributes to make it big in the PL if he can stay injury free. A young kid who has talent,  and is not taking anything for  granted, working hard, listening, learning and laughing it all makes a great prospect.  His thoughts on seeing our ground and facility were priceless. His enjoyment of training next to the first team, learning the press, which he explained is key to Ralf style  " if you get out of our press, you did very well", indicates it is more press, with more press. We have seen this get crushed when we tire or expose our back line with the press, but we have also seen it dominate teams and unsettle others. 

I digress,  back to Tella, I think his insite on how he broke into the first team has given other young players the thought that SFC is a place they can be seen and given the chance, if they put in the hard work. Training next to the first team, given the same playbook and treatment as the first team will encourage a young player that the PL is attainable,  IF you have the talent......thus the new Chelsea signings, possibly the Everton wonder kid, all to help fill out that training pitch with young, very talented players that can attract the eye of the Coach.

I love the story Tella gave that he got up in the last few min off the bench to warm up, no coach asked him to, in the hopes of getting on, He caught Ralfs eye and got his first PL game time, he could not stop smiling, I remember that smile that day, now I know how cheeky it was. Good on ya lad, you are a credit to the youth.

Shout out to Turk for posting it.

Ps. he will he off to Arsenel when he reaches his potential. But hopefully for good $$$$$$$.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

The interview with Tella was excellent,  the kid has all the attributes to make it big in the PL if he can stay injury free. A young kid who has talent,  and is not taking anything for  granted, working hard, listening, learning and laughing it all makes a great prospect.  His thoughts on seeing our ground and facility were priceless. His enjoyment of training next to the first team, learning the press, which he explained is key to Ralf style  " if you get out of our press, you did very well", indicates it is more press, with more press. We have seen this get crushed when we tire or expose our back line with the press, but we have also seen it dominate teams and unsettle others. 

I digress,  back to Tella, I think his insite on how he broke into the first team has given other young players the thought that SFC is a place they can be seen and given the chance, if they put in the hard work. Training next to the first team, given the same playbook and treatment as the first team will encourage a young player that the PL is attainable,  IF you have the talent......thus the new Chelsea signings, possibly the Everton wonder kid, all to help fill out that training pitch with young, very talented players that can attract the eye of the Coach.

I love the story Tella gave that he got up in the last few min off the bench to warm up, no coach asked him to, in the hopes of getting on, He caught Ralfs eye and got his first PL game time, he could not stop smiling, I remember that smile that day, now I know how cheeky it was. Good on ya lad, you are a credit to the youth.

Shout out to Turk for posting it.

Ps. he will he off to Arsenel when he reaches his potential. But hopefully for good $$$$$$$.

We need him signed to a new contract asap. Only 2 years left

• Like 1

Tella might have all the talent in the world but giving him 10 minutes to chase shadows when the team is losing by 2 goals is not the best way to use him.

I personally would have him on the first team sheet before Dnejpo and Walcott as he puts the fear in the opposition.

1 minute ago, Wimborne_saint said:

another 24 year old center back. Watford heavily linked this week - supposedly in negotiations.

His 5 minute youtube video is pretty much all with the ball at his feet. Right footed, very comfortable. Dribbles out and pings long balls all day long. No idea if he can defend though. 

8 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

Tella might have all the talent in the world but giving him 10 minutes to chase shadows when the team is losing by 2 goals is not the best way to use him.

I personally would have him on the first team sheet before Dnejpo and Walcott as he puts the fear in the opposition.

Don't think there's many that would disagree with you there apart from Ralph

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DT said:

Blimey. I mean, cheap. Look to have gazumped Watford, which is nice. Sounds promising.

Agreed cheap - provided he works out half decent!

I expect/hope this leaves a bit in the kitty for one or two more. Ralph is publicly saying one more but I wouldn't be surprised to see a little more business if there are good deals to be had at the end of the window - Thierry Small possibly ... 

• Like 1

Must have some pennies left over after this then for a LB or a goalie surely? We've sold Gunn, Lemina, Jankewitz, Ings and Vestergaard for ~£55m and spent ~£32m if this new guy is £6m. New contract for JWP sure but we still must have reduced the wage bill by a significant chunk too.

Edited by igsey
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, igsey said:

Must have some pennies left over after this then for a LB or a goalie surely? We've sold Gunn, Lemina, Jankewitz, Ings and Vestergaard for ~£55m and spent ~£32m if this new guy is £6m. New contract for JWP sure but we still must have reduced the wage bill by a significant chunk too.

I'd like to keep some of that money in reserve for January or next summer when we will need to buy a decent keeper and replace whoever else has left.

3 minutes ago, igsey said:

Must have some pennies left over after this then for a LB or a goalie surely? We've sold Gunn, Lemina, Jankewitz, Ings and Vestergaard for ~£55m and spent ~£32m if this new guy is £6m.

£15m Armstrong

£5m Livramento

£1.5m Simeu

£6m Lyanco

£11m Perraud

Plus signing on fees & agent fees for all of them and Walcott. Would take it to well over £40m spent.

Your sold list doesn't include... loyalty fees to departing players and sell on % to former clubs.

• Like 1