Summer Transfer Window 2021

Dusic

25 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

He's got a point though, look at Everton, Moshiri has spent millions to get them to where exactly? Slightly upper mid table. They have done no better with all that investment than we did with just good scouting a few years ago.

Even if we got a billionaire owner who invested in the club I seriously doubt we could match the Man Citys, Chelseas, PSGs, Man Utds, the money is just off the scale. These clubs can spend £250 million a window.

Realistically the best we can hope for is a Leicester like owner to come in, who doesn't throw money at the club but invests for the long term and wants to be here for the long term, builds the club off the pitch and we make good signings on it that put us in a position to take advantages of when the big boys have bad seasons and maybe win a domestic cup here and there. Then even longer term than that set us up as the go to place for developing young talent like say Dortmund. 

But I just can't see us ever going anywhere near the top ever unless there is dramatic shift in how football is run and it not all being about money. 

I mean sadly we had that owner and I think had Marcus still been alive we would probably be a similar position to Leicester right now. 

I agree, all the time and effort the club takes in trying to get new supporters to our fanbase is eroded by defeats like saturday and the kids heroes keep moving on. My family are like many on here been persuaded to support saints, but there are more who would rather like happy weekends and so support the top 3 or 4 clubs

Oh how i miss the days of the cute, naive optimism on here when we were on an unstoppable march to the champions league in our newly expanded 50,000 capacity stadium with our team of academy graduates who would stay here forever to play with their friends all their careers. Didn't they once say man would never walk on the moon was the sole logical reason behind it and why anyone who said it was pie in the sky were negative trolls with an anti club agenda.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, OldNick said:

I agree, all the time and effort the club takes in trying to get new supporters to our fanbase is eroded by defeats like saturday and the kids heroes keep moving on. My family are like many on here been persuaded to support saints, but there are more who would rather like happy weekends and so support the top 3 or 4 clubs

I play footie like 2-3 times a week and often the kids are training before us, and you see most of them in Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea shirts. 

2 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Is he ITK? Or does he just guess?

Pretty sure he just guesses for attention, covers himself with the below tweet - I think I could guess we will sign a CB 'soon' eg. before the window shuts!

"Even if it isn’t wrapped up by Sunday it will be completed soon. Martin is working so hard on it. Deserves all the praise."

2 hours ago, OldNick said:

Your post shows how futile being a Saints fan is. We can hope to stay up and just be the cannon fodder for the top boys. The football season comes around and my mood slips to a depressed state as all I expect is more of Saturdays disappointment. In the past I would hopeful that we could steal or deserve a win, now all Im hoping for is that we dont lose by more than 4. 

It looks as if the problem lies with your expectations, Nick. Don't let your mood slip into a depressed state. Follow Adrian's suggestion and accept the Saints' position! It is far more enjoyable and realistic point of view, and occasionally you'll have a pleasant surprise! And a little tip - avoid like the plague the in-match forums, where all the pessimists gather like vultures - your mood will thank you.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Seriously who thinks if fun to try and make out your in the know for transfer rumours, it must just be for people with low self esteem trying to get their likes.

Anyway i just saw a cloud that looks like a centre back float past - so done deal

good in the air, yes?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Just to save anyone waiting til tomorrow's press conference, I have seen Ralph's notes:

"Its clear we need to do something. We will have a look and if something fits to us we will do it."

did you ever manage to find Mr Krueger's five pledges too? 😉

33 minutes ago, TWar said:

Better source on this. Looks like a decent bit of business.

It does, but we need players who are first team ready. We can't hope that unproven kids will step up to the first team - for every Livramento, there's half a dozen Vokins or Valery's. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, egg said:

It does, but we need players who are first team ready. We can't hope that unproven kids will step up to the first team - for every Livramento, there's half a dozen Vokins or Valery's. 

I think it sounds like a good transfer for back up at left back but obviously we still need a high quality centre back

2 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

I think it sounds like a good transfer for back up at left back but obviously we still need a high quality centre back

An unproven 17 year old is not who a premier league club should be signing as back up. Crazy strategy. 

Vokins was highly rated before he played. Then he played. Etc. 

20 minutes ago, egg said:

An unproven 17 year old is not who a premier league club should be signing as back up. Crazy strategy. 

Vokins was highly rated before he played. Then he played. Etc. 

Not sure I agree with that, particularly if the alternative is no one and someone played out of position like we have had at lb for a while. 

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Not sure I agree with that, particularly if the alternative is no one and someone played out of position like we have had at lb for a while. 

The solution is a left back who's played mens football at a level where they've shown that they can play in the PL. Not an unproven kid, or someone out of position. 

1 minute ago, Baird of the land said:

No clue. But given livramento looks fab the club has earned a bit of credit in the bank with me if they decide this lad for £5m is worth it too.

Each to their own. Livramento is special and different and if the Everton lad is Livramento mk 2 that'd be great, but give me some experienced back up all day long...particularly as Perraud looked like a fish up a tree on Saturday and has yet to settle at this level. 

12 minutes ago, egg said:

The solution is a left back who's played mens football at a level where they've shown that they can play in the PL. Not an unproven kid, or someone out of position. 

My point is that we will most likely get in a CB and muddle through without a lb if we don't get this guy in. Given that fact, I'd rather get in a promising youngster as backup. 

8 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

🚨| Marseille centre-back Duje Caleta-Car wants to move to the Premier League this summer; Southampton have been mentioned as a possible destination for the 24-year-old #saintsfc [@footmercato]

Many have been mentioned if NewsNow is the source, unfortunately 99.9% of it is just created bullshit.