Summer Transfer Window 2021

Dusic

1 hour ago, DT said:

Apparently Small is coming to us. No idea if he’s any good. 

KWP,  finds JWP, great ball to Small, to smallbone, to Armstrong, to Adams, It’s Adam Armstrong, 1-0! Going to be great being a commentator for us

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 8

So Small in, Lyanco nearly done. Do we reckon that’s us done and dusted for the window? I still feel like we might have one more incoming, despite what Ralph’s said. No idea why, just a feeling.

Cannot believe that Long, Valery and Obafemi won’t be leaving though.

Edited by saintwbu

7 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

So Small in, Lyanco nearly done. Do we reckon that’s us done and dusted for the window? I still feel like we might have one more incoming, despite what Ralph’s said. No idea why, just a feeling.

I'd be very, very surprised to see Valery still here - he won't get a sniff now, his time is up.

I can't see us getting anyone else though. I imagine we'll pocket any left over cash to allow us to move early on a new GK next summer, without relying on a sale first.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

Ralph is already wrong, as he recently said only one more in. Small and Lyanco make two, so if Ralph was wrong on it being one, maybe he is on it being more than two as well.

14 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

We still have a loan space that could be filled, and seeing as we tried to get Minamino back, I think we may still be interested in an AM. 

Ryan Christie on the cheap sounds like something we’d do too.

I still think we should go back and raid Chelsea. They have so many players surplus to requirements that would fit us, especially in CM.

6 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Ralph is already wrong, as he recently said only one more in. Small and Lyanco make two, so if Ralph was wrong on it being one, maybe he is on it being more than two as well.

Yeah exactly. I felt when he said it that it wouldn’t be true, and as you say it’s already been the case. Maybe that really will be us done, but we seem to have a bit of a habit of a deadline day signing so I wouldn’t rule it out.

4 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

We still have a loan space that could be filled, and seeing as we tried to get Minamino back, I think we may still be interested in an AM. Ryan Christie on the cheap sounds like something we’d do too.

I still think we should go back and raid Chelsea. They have so many players surplus to requirements that would fit us, especially in CM.

It would have to be a transfer. Premier League rules state you can only have one player on loan from another club at a time and Saints already have Broja.

Edited by Matthew Le God

38 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

We still have a loan space that could be filled, and seeing as we tried to get Minamino back, I think we may still be interested in an AM. 

Ryan Christie on the cheap sounds like something we’d do too.

I believe the club spoke to Chelsea about Tino Anjorin a while back but not sure anything has progressed since.  Maybe we got the other Tino instead.

Yeah, I reckon we'll go into the final few days with that last loan spot open and see if anything interesting comes up.  We've still only got three midfielders for two spots although Armstrong can do a decent job and possibly Lion-o if he signs so it's not like we're desperate but a long term injury to either JWP or Romeo and we'd start to look a little short.

There's going to be a load of players at the big clubs that won't have a chance in hell of making their first team squad and they'll be desperate to get them out on loan.

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

I'd be very, very surprised to see Valery still here - he won't get a sniff now, his time is up.

I can't see us getting anyone else though. I imagine we'll pocket any left over cash to allow us to move early on a new GK next summer, without relying on a sale first.

Presumably we have money set aside to fire Hasenhuttl if we need to, as well

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

Presumably we have money set aside to fire Hasenhuttl if we need to, as well

Lolz. Dream on.

it isn’t now that we have acquired players that fit Ralph s style that we are going to sack him.

Some members of our fanbase have got peabrains

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SNSUN said:

Agreed. I think we still need a high quality, attacking player, in the Minamino mould, a flair player who can dribble and create. 

1 hour ago, saintwbu said:

Yeah exactly. I felt when he said it that it wouldn’t be true, and as you say it’s already been the case. Maybe that really will be us done, but we seem to have a bit of a habit of a deadline day signing so I wouldn’t rule it out.

Well we have been linked to Christie whos contract expires in 6 months so we might do a deal there to get him in early and are seemingly linked with the young centre-back from Dundee Utd as well.

Also didn't the club say something like they had their targets but would also be holding some back to see what could be done nearer the end of the window because the thought with the way the market was their could be some bargains.  Maybe that is what we are seeing but maybe also why there is £10 million or so from the sales, because we might be able to pick someone up usually out of our price range. 

Would love a keeper though, but doubt its happening. 

13 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Apparently we are looking for a keeper. One of the guys on the other forum, far from being ITK, has a pretty reliable source who has usually come up correct. 

I also think we will be trying for one more, which is the No 6, and I still like another No 10. 

We must be "looking" for another goalkeeper, it's by far our weakest position.  Whether we're looking particularly hard or can actually afford to spend any real money is a different question.

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

We must be "looking" for another goalkeeper, it's by far our weakest position.  Whether we're looking particularly hard or can actually afford to spend any real money is a different question.

Well I don’t think we would be looking without being prepared to sign someone. This has been a pretty good window by all accounts, a good keeper would be insane (Copyright @TWar, who was proved right on that one…)

1 minute ago, Badger said:

loan ?

That has happened before at relegated clubs.

Recent example was Craig Dawson, first choice player at Watford...loaned him to WHU for the year with an option to buy. Could be an angle on that with Sam Johnstone if we throw McCarthy in exchange.

I still don't think we'll see goalkeeper movement.

1 hour ago, saintwbu said:

If Sam Johnstone was to leave West Brom, there aren’t many clubs so clearly in need of a number one in the PL. We couldn’t, could we…?

FF on loan there for a season (of course we'll have to pay his wages), we take Sam on loan with an option?

You know it makes sense Rodders.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Think we’re likely to keep the loan spot open for any January shake ups. Lyanco has played both CB and CM so I suspect that’s us done for the window unless Forster gets himself a move and then we might accelerate next years GK hunt. 

How about Oxlade Chamberlain loan?

3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

That has happened before at relegated clubs.

Recent example was Craig Dawson, first choice player at Watford...loaned him to WHU for the year with an option to buy. Could be an angle on that with Sam Johnstone if we throw McCarthy in exchange.

I still don't think we'll see goalkeeper movement.

That is the problem with both of them.

• Haha 3