Other Games 21/22

whelk

3 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

I thought we didn’t win that because we meekly surrendered in our champions league final last night??

Correct, we’ve won the champions conference  🍾  🎈  🎉 

Edited by Toussaint

If all the scores stay the same tonight (and I hope they do for Burnley's sake) then I wouldn't want to be an Everton fan on the last day. Away to Arsenal. It's not impossible Leeds could get something from Brentford.

Just now, SNSUN said:

If all the scores stay the same tonight (and I hope they do for Burnley's sake) then I wouldn't want to be an Everton fan on the last day. Away to Arsenal. It's not impossible Leeds could get something from Brentford.

I've not looked at the bookies' odds but I would say Leeds have more chance of getting a win against Brentford than Everton do away at Arsenal.

If it stays like this I’m going to have to cheer on Leeds this Sunday, which feels very wrong. Christ imagine the unthinkable happens and Liverpool win the league, but Everton go down. Merseyside will be a laugh Sunday night!

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

The relegation fight is much more interesting than the title fight. So good old Sky are showing the Liverpool and City games

They want their next "Aguerooooo" moment. Only it might be "Salahhhhhhhhhhh". Funny if the title winning goal was scored by someone whose name you can't scream out like "Oxlade-Chamberlain".

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Can see Villa winning this. Burnley struggling to get a foothold

Villa just have more quality. Burnley rely on being solid but they weren't when Buendia steamed in. A draw wouldn't be a bad result but I think there's another goal in this for Villa... which will mean Burnley also need to score again. 

Ultimately Everton to lose would be the main result of the night, so come on Palace!

2 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Has he just saved another sinner from eternal damnation? Must refresh my Live from the Vatican Twitter feed, I missed that one!

He likes to help people. He's a real papal pleaser.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Good chance they’ll finish above us this season 

Not really, their final game is away at Arsenal. 

Even if we lose to Leicester, Arsenal will still be favourites to beat Everton. If we draw with Leicester, Everton would have to win to overtake us.

Just now, nta786 said:

@Sheaf Saint this is why I always felt Everton were too good to go down! 

They have enough quality regardless of who is in charge, you can’t spend £500m like that and go down 

I agree, I’ve never ever felt like it’d be them that were going down. They had the players to stick four wins out of five together, even against Chelsea or Man United.