Other Games 21/22

whelk

7 hours ago, adrian lord said:

I have to say I don’t think it’s just the acquisitions on the field but you have to give some credit to that bloke who is now managing Newcastle

Yep, their player of the season is Joelinton. A player who couldn’t get a game under the previous manager. 

Howe has done a fantastic job. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Dman said:

Yep, their player of the season is Joelinton. A player who couldn’t get a game under the previous manager. 

Joelinton has started pretty much every game all season apart from the first few matches, and even then he came on as sub.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joelinton/leistungsdaten/spieler/333241

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dman said:

What is he at the moment, a crap manager who gets teams relegated despite spending loads of money or a crap manager who is only keeping teams up because he spent loads of money?

51 minutes ago, Turkish said:

What is he at the moment, a crap manager who gets teams relegated despite spending loads of money or a crap manager who is only keeping teams up because he spent loads of money?

Could you imagine this place if he had achieved with us what he did at bournemouth. 

Makes me laugh certain people claim he didn’t even do a decent job there 😂

I’m in Costa del Sol at the moment and everywhere we’ve been is full of Sweaties. Our plane was full of them, Bournemouth being the nearest airport to Glasgow that they could get a flight from and they’d travelled 8 hours to get there. Hardly any of them have tickets., they are fucking everywhere & we’re 2.5 hours from Saville. I dread to think how many will be in the city for the game Weds 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

13 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I’m in Costa del Sol at the moment and everywhere we’ve been is full of Sweaties. Our plane was full of them, Bournemouth being the nearest airport to Glasgow that they could get a flight from and they’d travelled 8 hours to get there. Hardly any of them have tickets., they are fucking everywhere & we’re 2.5 hours from Saville. I dread to think how many will be in the city for the game Weds 

Still way too close to that weirdo

51 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

100k travelled out there apparently. The bars are gonna make some good money. 

4 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

There is going to be a riot over there, either way.

Samba (the Forest GK) truly mastered the GK shithousery of penalties there...

Delayed the Sheffield players every time, taking long sips of water and taking time to get back on his line, then pointing and dancing on the line.... fair play.

Imagine though if that penalty had to be retaken or something because he was off his line, with the way the pitch was invaded that quickly there'd be no chance!

Fair play to Forest. I miss days like that. 

The premier league really is shit to be in for a club like ours. 

Blah blah blah, financial security, blah blah blah better players. Who gives a shit, I’m a fan of a football club not a business. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Fair play to Forest. I miss days like that. 

The premier league really is shit to be in for a club like ours. 

Blah blah blah, financial security, blah blah blah better players. Who gives a shit, I’m a fan of a football club not a business. 

The premier league is the promised land for these clubsin championship. Don t be ungrateful 

24 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

Some twat blindsided Billy Sharp during the pitch invasion

Hope he does time for assault and gets a lifetime ban from every ground in the county.  Total moron. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, alehouseboys said:

Some twat blindsided Billy Sharp during the pitch invasion

Utter coward. That sort of assault to the head of an unsuspecting person who hasn't braced can cause serious injury to the brain and neck. I hope Billy is ok. 

They will righty throw the book at him and prison awaits. 

10 minutes ago, Maggie May said:

Steven Davis on the bench for the Europa League final tonight.

Played for them in their last one, 2008 when they lost to Zenit. Be great for him to get on and win tonight 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Turkish said:

He will do. Absolutely stupid thing to do. Complete bell end.

Swift justice but still got off lightly if you ask me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-61505835

Robert Biggs, 30, pleaded guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm at Nottingham Magistrates' Court and was jailed for 24 weeks on Thursday.

Biggs, from Ilkeston, Derbyshire, was ordered to pay £500 compensation to Sharp, and £128 in court costs.

He was also given a two-year football banning order.

Should of got banned for life...!

As following us is about as fun as watching paint dry at the moment, what's everyone's thoughts on tonight's games? A couple of huge ones which could all but relegate Leeds if they go the wrong way.

Everton could save themselves with a win at home against Palace too. 

I reckon that Everton will blow it tonight and Palace will hit them on the break, just a hunch. (and maybe a lot of hope too). I didn't realise Leicester played tonight, so at least when they play us they'll be absolutely knackered and we'll get the benefit. (yeah, of course it never works like that for us)

0-2 Palace. 

Palace are really going for it, they want Everton gone! [MLG: note, yes I realize Forfar will have to win 5-2 vs Airdrie].

I wish Saints showed determination like this. [MLG note: yes, aware hey only have 5pts more than us]

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Haha 1