Other Games 21/22

whelk

4 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Going to lump an insurance bet on ahead of our impending 18-0 defeat which is definitely going to happen.

Tbf even then Everton, Leeds and Burnley would all have to pick up maximum points from their remaining games.

3 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

How have Leeds managed to cock this season up so bad. 

They haven't looked in mortal danger until the last four games. 

Now that's how to get relegated in real painful fashion. 

They hit free fall at just the wrong time. It’s all in the timing you know 😉 

4 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Imagine having a defence that has  let in 16 more goals than we have, with 2 to play……..

Lukaku scores to add 50% to the chelsea lead…..

Edited by teamsaint

3 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

I know a Leeds fan. Quite early in the season he was saying he thought they'd go down. I was almost laughing at him saying he shouldn't be so pessimistic and that they'd be fine. Shows how much I know!

5 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

You know they sacked their manager in February when they were 2 points off the relegation zone, right? 

17 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Tbf even then Everton, Leeds and Burnley would all have to pick up maximum points from their remaining games.

Leeds would, but Everton and Burnley still have 3 games left after tonight (and a better goal difference) so they would just need 4 and 6 points respectively from their 3 games to finish above us.  This is assuming we don't pick up any more points and that Watford-Everton stays 0-0.

Chelsea have just got a 3rd so Leeds would now have to overturn an 18 goal difference to finish above us.  Even allowing for us having to play Liverpool, I would cautiously suggest that we are probably safe - maybe.

10 minutes ago, mikec said:

Leeds would, but Everton and Burnley still have 3 games left after tonight (and a better goal difference) so they would just need 4 and 6 points respectively from their 3 games to finish above us.  This is assuming we don't pick up any more points and that Watford-Everton stays 0-0.

Chelsea have just got a 3rd so Leeds would now have to overturn an 18 goal difference to finish above us.  Even allowing for us having to play Liverpool, I would cautiously suggest that we are probably safe - maybe.

Are you ignoring they play Brighton who are good away and away at Brentford last game?

Also Burnley have Spurs away needing 4th spot then Villa away …..

Edited by Give it to Ron

Leeds' highest league position has been 15th this season, although this will be just their 4th gameweek in the relegation zone and one of those was after their 5-1 loss to United on the opening day. So, they've been consistently bad this season, there were just worse teams keeping them afloat, but a bad run and it now looks like they're done. Dan James for £25m was pretty disastrous, as was Rodrigo for £26m the summer before. They've spent good money up here, but like Sheffield United before, they've spent it on dross.

3 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Thankyou very much Chelsea, I don’t have to work out anymore weird and wonderful sets of results to send us down now, hell Liverpool could even do a 9-0 against us and we will be alright.

So could Leicester (again) surely Southampton couldn’t lose 9-0 twice….cou….oh! 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mikec said:

After seeing the Bristol Rovers 7-0 to leapfrog Northampton to promotion

Then Darlington Town needing an 11 goal swing to leapfrog Chester le Street and winning 19-0 on the last day to do the same, only this last weekend.

……………….anything is possible 😳😳

17 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

It was 1-1 at SMS wasn't it?

Your point still stands though.

Oh yeah, how could I forget that goal. Was one of our best this season.

Edited by The Cat
  • Like 1

I know that the crowd is loud in the Spurs , Arsenal game but the commentators do sound quieter than normal.

Edit. I often think that Martin Tyler is less easy to hear. He probably knackers the sound level when he shouts ' and it's live' at the start of the match!!

Edited by M271

This is why footie is great for opinions.

I don't even think it was a foul for that 2nd yellow. Ball was way overhit and Holding just stood the ground and Son run into him. Just unlucky Son is smaller and his head hit his shoulder making it look worse.

My Spurs supporting old man said is was soft but wasn't complaining.

• Like 1

Personally, I think both were pretty soft but in the same light, both were pretty stupid and you can see why we’re given. 

Had both been a little smarter / sly, it’s not a pen and not a second yellow. 

That being said, I thought Son was lucky to get away with the elbow he threw whilst on the floor. In this day and age, I’m very surprised VAR didn’t take a closer look. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Tottenham players can...

That's Son though, he's the nicest player in world football because he cried after purposely hurting an opponent, which resulted in a broken leg.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

That's Son though, he's the nicest player in world football because he cried after purposely hurting an opponent, which resulted in a broken leg.

He's a spiteful little bastard, as well as being a diving cunt. Think the London media luvvies cover all that up because of his sickening smiling face that they plaster all over the place. 

• Like 4