Other Games 21/22

whelk

I was watching Arbroath fail to get a goal past, at times, 8 man Inverness Cale Thistle. Thistle had a sending off, made 4 subs, lost a player through injury and had another sending off. They got a man back, when allowed to make another sub in extra time, but briefly lost a player due to a head injury.

Cale won on pens. A poor quality game, but only one missed penalty.

18 minutes ago, Chez said:

Forrest should be home free in this game and tie. 

Johnson really is a talent. 

Yep. Even if they don’t go up I think he may be out our reach. Not financially due to the contract, but I imagine somebody more attractive coming in for sure.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Yep. Even if they don’t go up I think he may be out our reach. Not financially due to the contract, but I imagine somebody more attractive coming in for sure.

I wonder who has the finds to afford him. If they want £20m...who has that? Forrest are gonna get promoted. 

8 minutes ago, whelk said:

This is a tough final for me. Both clubs are horrible

Yep. I don't want LFC to win the quadruple, but enjoy seeing Chelsea lose. Hate both sides. Can't win.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chez said:

maybe too expensive for the smaller sides, but too much of a gamble for the bigger sides? 

I’m not even too sure sadly! Fulham and Bournemouth coming up have both spent more than we have on a player.

I do agree though, however I feel like he may end up at the Leicester/West Ham level rather than us.

9 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Which game are you watching 

the game where Liverpool were running rings around them, before Chelsea got a grip and then in the second half ran rings round Liverpool, before they got a grip and its about even now. That game. You?

15 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I wonder if Jenas will mention the reason Alonso is always in space in the attacking third is because his mate Alexander Arnold has hopeless defensive positioning?

Trent please

• Haha 1

Only watched the last 20 minutes. Bin dippers on top.

But aren't the commentators meant to be impartial? It's like they want Liverpool (the bestestest team ever, with the bestestest, hard done by fans) to win.

8 minutes ago, Scummer said:

Is Allison allowed to catch that ball that's spinning back towards the goal after Mounts penalty?

4 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

That was my first thought too

Why wouldn't he be allowed?

If he wasn't allowed a keeper could do nothing to prevent this...

Edited by Matthew Le God

Just now, Scummer said:

Don't know, just feels odd. The striker isn't allowed a second touch. The difference to the clip you posted is the goalkeeper hadn't touched the ball in that example.

The penalty isn't over until the ball is dead, so a keeper can have multiple touches if that is what it takes to stop the ball going in. Otherwise a situation could see a keeper unable to do anything as he watches a back spinning ball go over the line.