Other Games 21/22

whelk

Just now, whelk said:

Yeah they had no chances in that game and score so few goals but the Talksport sages like you spout shit well if they did that. Laughable 

Calm down poppet.

city are out and missed a shed load of chances…. Not for the first time.

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

The referee was fucking woeful. 3 mins wtf, then he still blew early. 

Seemed like he was fucking desperate to blow up didn't it? Ludicrous it was only 3 mins, they barely played for the first 10 mins of 2nd half ET there were so many stoppages.

Edited by Saint Pete

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Calm down poppet.

city are out and missed a shed load of chances…. Not for the first time.

Higher up the league than your beloved Liverpool but hey what they aren’t doing right could be simply sorted. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Pete said:

Seemed like he was fucking desperate to blow up didn't it? Ludicrous it was only 3 mins, they barely played for the first 10 mins of 2nd half ET there were so many stoppages.

Not really. 3 minutes is typical for a 45 minute half so for 15 minutes its actually quite a lot.

Edited by Whitey Grandad

2 minutes ago, Saint Pete said:

Seemed like he was fucking desperate to blow up didn't it? Ludicrous it was only 3 mins, they barely played for the first 20 mins of 2nd half ET there were so many stoppages.

Real Madrid wouldn’t bat an eyelid over the ethics of paying a ref off

9 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Wonder if Pep will call it a day at City?

(Or get fired).

Or join the Saints? C'mon Pep, lets see what you can do with an average squad and no money.

Edited by kyle04
typo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Not really. 3 minutes is typical for a 45 minute half so for 15 minutes its actually quite a lot.

What a ridiculous argument. If someone’s injured for 12 mins but the ref only plays 6, you don’t say “it’s actually quite a lot”. It should have been 5 at least, doesn’t matter what “typical” is. Clowns like that are the reason players waste time, go down and take the piss. 

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

What a ridiculous argument. If someone’s injured for 12 mins but the ref only plays 6, you don’t say “it’s actually quite a lot”. It should have been 5 at least, doesn’t matter what “typical” is. Clowns like that are the reason players waste time, go down and take the piss. 

Of course, but it is indicative. Three minutes seemed about right to me.

Militao was down twice in the second half of ET for at least 2/3 minutes on each occasion and then the two subs for Madrid. Should have been at least 5, maybe 6 added on. And then he blew up early for some reason. Not to mention his reluctance to book Casemiro who committed about 10 fouls, 3 of which were blatant. Nothing dodgy at all lol.

That being said the ref had no impact on the final result. Pen all day and Madrid just pulled it from the depths at the end. Unbelievable resilence (more of the same in the final please)

3 hours ago, kyle04 said:

Or join the Saints? C'mon Pep, lets see what you can do with an average squad and no money.

Think Ancelotti showed us at Everton what these managers can do once they leave the comfort of a top team.

11 hours ago, Turkish said:

🤞

Hopefully not. I shall be shouting for Liverpool because I am British, because we are their feeder club and it is a step nearer for Klopp and his team to achieve the quadruple. Then my Man U loving son-in-law will finally shut up about their treble being in top spot. 

2 hours ago, Sarnia Cherie said:

Hopefully not. I shall be shouting for Liverpool because I am British, because we are their feeder club and it is a step nearer for Klopp and his team to achieve the quadruple. Then my Man U loving son-in-law will finally shut up about their treble being in top spot. 

This deserves an instant ban. 

25 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I don't get this we have to cheer on English clubs in Europe when they play. Would we cheer on the blue lot if they ever found themselves playing in Europe again? 

It’s all bollocks. I’ll cheer on who I want to cheer on - no matter what country they hail from.

3 hours ago, Sarnia Cherie said:

Shouting?

Ugh have a word with yourself!

Obviously we would cheer on the English club, we are all proud to be English. That is why I for one will sit on my Swedish sofa, eating my Indian takeaway, drinking my Belgian beer, watching my Japanese telly, supporting the team owned by Americans, spearheaded by an Egyptian and managed by a German. 

Ideally we want an enjoyable final, unlike most of the last few years

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I don't get this we have to cheer on English clubs in Europe when they play. Would we cheer on the blue lot if they ever found themselves playing in Europe again? 

Get down the bookies, sharpish. You'll get great odds for Pompey to win the Champions League. 

4 hours ago, Micky said:

Yep, he's already under the thumb because he takes his bird to football with him. Give it 3 years he'll be sick to death of being hen peck and she'll be getting slotted by someone else after being bored silly of her spineless, dull husband.

Bloody hell, i just read the article, what's he playing at? it's even worse!

Edited by Turkish

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Bloody hell, i just read the article, what's he playing at? it's even worse!

Fucking hell. As a fellow Poole based supporter I’m embarrassed for him. WTF is he doing at the game,  and why on Earth would you even be on the pitch, let alone propose on it. Clearly pussy whipped. Mind you he’s a referee, so clearly a bit simple. 

20 hours ago, woodsaint1 said:

Militao was down twice in the second half of ET for at least 2/3 minutes on each occasion and then the two subs for Madrid. Should have been at least 5, maybe 6 added on. And then he blew up early for some reason. Not to mention his reluctance to book Casemiro who committed about 10 fouls, 3 of which were blatant. Nothing dodgy at all lol.

That being said the ref had no impact on the final result. Pen all day and Madrid just pulled it from the depths at the end. Unbelievable resilence (more of the same in the final please)

Having nothing better to do I went through the second half of extra time with a stopwatch as best and as honestly as I could bearing in mind that BT do their best to prevent you actually watching the game. It’s not easy to hear the referee’s whistle and you can’t see what is happening on the pitch on account of the endless meaningless replays and shots of the managers or the crowd.

Nevertheless, I ended up with a stoppage time of 3 minutes and 8 seconds. On that basis he blew up ten or fifteen seconds early but his watch would have been stopped at different moments to mine. Not a lot in it.

I know that there are some people who will refuse to believe this and they are always welcome to try the same exercise themselves so please don’t let this degenerate into a load of puerile personal digs,

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

If only theyd moved the away fans to the corner at St Mary’s…..

To be fair about the only time, the Chapel, our supposed home end, made any noise was for the Europa League game v Inter Milan.  I'm resigned to the fact that we're never going to have a proper home end at St Mary's though. The will simply isn't there.

11 minutes ago, tunit said:

Great start for Rangers. Ibrox is absolutely rocking! I am a tad jealous of the atmosphere they can get going in that place

If we had the whole of the Northam we'd match it no bother.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, adrian lord said:

Rangers through. Excellent. 

The combination of Kent and Tavernier has been devastating in Europe this year. 

What a final it's set to be. Eintracht took 30,000 fans to Madrid. They'll have more than that turning up in Seville and so will Rangers. Pity the stadium doesn't have a bigger capacity.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nta786 said:

JWP should join Leicester, they’re a cut above us and will play in Europe next season.

I'd join them  just be able to use there training facilities, truly world class. 

I went to watch the Southampton cup final at St Mary's. Finished in a comfortable 3-0 win for Totton over Folland.

Had guest tickets because I know one of the officials, sat in the comfy seats just above the clock. Got to wander around the corporate areas, the honours board with the list of ex-chairmen is still there with Rupert Lowe's name scratched out, haha.