Other Games 21/22

whelk

Six straight defeats and one solitary goal scored in those six games.

I wonder why we dont get the "I told you so, I told you so, Potter is much better than Ralph" victory lap posts on this forum any more. I mean, what happened?

Of course, Potter's track record of never finishing above Ralph was obviously pretty clear evidence of how much better he is than our guy. At least he looks on track to maintain that record.

Edited by CB Fry

32 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

I wonder why we dont get the "I told you so, I told you so, Potter is much better than Ralph" victory lap posts on this forum any more. I mean, what happened?

Of course, Potter's track record of never finishing above Ralph was obviously pretty clear evidence of how much better he is than our guy. At least he looks on track to maintain that record.

Six straight defeats in the league is quite something, bit too early to be on the beach but they have lost that edge that was picking up points with late equalisers, look quite poor now. 

Title race still interesting at least. 

Chelsea through which means they'll play champions league 1/4 final either side of playing us. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

His head is already at Man United, clearly.

22 minutes ago, JRM said:

Six straight defeats in the league is quite something, bit too early to be on the beach but they have lost that edge that was picking up points with late equalisers, look quite poor now. 

Title race still interesting at least. 

Chelsea through which means they'll play champions league 1/4 final either side of playing us. 

Liverpool are going to win it aren’t they ☹️

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

Howe is currently the flavour of the month

18 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Liverpool are going to win it aren’t they ☹️

At St Mary's as well.

Hopefully Chelsea get a long trip next round and have to travel by coach before we play them. 

13 minutes ago, JRM said:

At St Mary's as well.

Hopefully Chelsea get a long trip next round and have to travel by coach before we play them. 

that will be horrendous. Liverpool beating us at St Marys live on TV with them fawning over how this is such an amazing come back, probably the greaetest title win of all time after being so far behind in February. 🤮

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Massive game for Everton tonight. Much as I dislike Newcastle, really hoping they beat Everton. Would be hilarious to see them relegated. 

In an ideal world I’d like both to go down but I’d settle for Everton this season and Newcastle the next.

11 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

If Everton lose tonight they are as good as down IMO.

Their remaining fixtures are horrendous, with their next 'winnable' game being Brentford at home on the penultimate day.

I think they’re a bit like West Ham three or four years ago, I honestly don’t see them going down. They have enough talented individuals to pull off a surprise win or two and stay up. I think Leeds look most likely to drop. 

10 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I think they’re a bit like West Ham three or four years ago, I honestly don’t see them going down. They have enough talented individuals to pull off a surprise win or two and stay up. I think Leeds look most likely to drop. 

Leeds will be okay, their new coach seems to be familiar with this new-fangled idea of "defending".

12 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Tend to agree with this. Although defensively they are a mess, think they have too much attacking talent to get out of it. Think in reality the bottom three as it stands are going. 

3 way fight between Leeds, Everton and Burnley.  Hard to say who might get out of that scrap, historically you point to Burnleys ability to put results together, but I'm not convinced this year.  Would love to see Everton go, but don't think it's going to happen, also think that Leeds might just avoid it as well - Burnley it is for me.

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

They might have some talented individuals, but they haven't managed anything resembling a surprise win all season. Both Burnley and Watford have shown recently that they are capable of winning games they are expected to lose. Everton just don't have that ability. Since FL took over they have got a very laboured FA cup win against Brentford and beaten a very poor Leeds still playing kamikaze football under Bielsa. In every other game they have been utter shit, and I see no sign of that changing anytime soon.

Look at their fixtures and ask yourself honestly where are their points going to come from?

It will be an interesting watch tonight, I thought they'd shuffle themselves away from it, I didn't expect them to lose to Wolves. So, if they also lose this one it does look pretty tough for them.

They do still have better players than Watford and Burnley though, that isn't always enough...but having Richarlison or DCL does make it a tiny bit more likely that they'll grab the odd win here and there when you least expect it.

8 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Massive game for Everton tonight. Much as I dislike Newcastle, really hoping they beat Everton. Would be hilarious to see them relegated. 

As lovely as that would be, a win for Newcastle puts them a point behind us. Potenially finishing below Newcastle after the dismal first half of the season they had would be pretty crap. Draw please

9 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Yep, although I've always liked Newcastle as a club, it's just that they've replaced a hideous owner with a more hideous one. Everton has always been a bit of a nothing club for me and I'd be quite happy to see them relegated. 

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

Probably justified given how far off the ground he was when he made contact. 

Yeah I think so too.

Although I'd say it was a "dark yellow" kind of foul, but with VAR/slow-motion pictures it looks far worse than it probably was.