Other Games 21/22

whelk

I think that is the first time ever I've heard Peter Walton 1/2 disagree with an onfield decision - not that he said it should definitely be a red card or anything, all he wanted was for Mike Dean to go over to VAR...

Still doesn't change my view he is the worst pundit ref on TV

• Like 1

Just now, nta786 said:

I think that is the first time ever I've heard Peter Walton 1/2 disagree with an onfield decision - not that he said it should definitely be a red card or anything, all he wanted was for Mike Dean to go over to VAR...

Still doesn't change my view he is the worst pundit ref on TV

He is completely pointless. Either doesn’t commit to anything or backs up whatever decision was made. Like you I think that’s the first time I’ve ever heard him not back VAR totally whatever decision was made 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

How’s that one play to all the conspiracy theorists that think refs are under a directive  to assist big clubs? Ahh nothing ok.

my tin foil hat says that big clubs always get the VAR decisions go for them in situations when they don't really need it to equalise things for the rest of us who make up the numbers.

1 minute ago, nta786 said:

my tin foil hat says that big clubs always get the VAR decisions go for them in situations when they don't really need it to equalise things for the rest of us who make up the numbers.

I think English refs, var or otherwise, are just wildly inconsistent. Whatever narrative people have going into it (big clubs get the decisions, arsenal are being shafted, English players get an easy ride) can be pretty easily justified with confirmation bias, we remember the ones that back up the theory and forget the ones that don't. Truth is, in my opinion, our refs are just pretty shite.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, redkeith said:

Watching Barnsley against table topping Fulham.

Looking at the Fulham support, it may be difficult to get a cab in West London today, as the Fulham support looks like they came up in a fleet of fifty taxis

Ten hour round trip, early kick off, 6am start, not much to play for, for a championship game that’s one tele. Don’t think it’s that bad.

46 minutes ago, redkeith said:

Watching Barnsley against table topping Fulham.

Looking at the Fulham support, it may be difficult to get a cab in West London today, as the Fulham support looks like they came up in a fleet of fifty taxis

Fulham's support as always been a bit crap. The numbers they usually bring to SMS are pretty pathetic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

Fulham's support as always been a bit crap. The numbers they usually bring to SMS are pretty pathetic.

Some years ago, can't remember exactly when, they brought less than 400 to St.Mary's. I counted them whilst sat in block 4

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, RedWillie said:

Some years ago, can't remember exactly when, they brought less than 400 to St.Mary's. I counted them whilst sat in block 4

They're core support is small, topped up at home games by people who just want to go to a game in a nice part of London. 

Away numbers always poor unless it's a derby or really big game, thing is you could walk from Fulham to QPR, Chelsea, Brentford, perhaps even Wimbledon so it's a tiny catchment area compared to us. 

Looking forward to going there next season, hopefully after the new stand has fully reopened so they give us a full allocation. 

14 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

I really thought Burnley would dig themselves out of this, they still may well do but it’s going to be reliant on Leeds and Everton continuing to be shite.

Leeds are home to Norwich today, if they win that it will give them a bit of a cushion, big game for them. 

Everton will inevitably win one or two of their "difficult" games. The parasites that have signed for the club will suddenly find the motivation to shine when required. Home vs Man U or Chelsea decent bets.

They won't go down, thats not really Lampard's problem. The issue will be when he becomes just another Tim Sherwood next season and they are still 16th next November.

Edited by CB Fry

8 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

Haaland would be much better.

Probably, assuming he adapts well the the Premier League of course. At least with Kane they get guaranteed league goals straight from the off should they go for him.

Man United 0-1 Atletico Madrid (1-2 AGG)

Loved their final twenty minute tactic of throwing on every attacking player, dropping them in the final third and hoping something would happen.
No organisation, no tactics. Just funny. Their final formation must’ve been 3-1-6 or something bizarre.

😂

5 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Man United 0-1 Atletico Madrid (1-2 AGG)

Loved their final twenty minute tactic of throwing on every attacking player, dropping them in the final third and hoping something would happen.
No organisation, no tactics. Just funny. Their final formation must’ve been 3-1-6 or something bizarre.

😂

That hasn’t been confirmed unless Dman and TWar have been mass-debating this for days on end.

Edited by Billy the Kidd
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

That hasn’t been confirmed unless Dman and TWar have been mass-debating this for days on end.

Sorry I’ve just noticed if you say this word fast enough it has a whole new meaning :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brighton are so similar to us, not so much in style of play, but just how they 'are'. They do things in a 'different' way and follow a modern/progressive approach with their coach, but they also go on crazy runs of polar opposites.

Little bit more quality/investment in both clubs and we'd be laughing, as we both do it the right way I think. We just don't have enough quality to sustain anything over a season.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1