Other Games 21/22

whelk

2 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Keane red card. Worked last time. 

Their tactics right now seem to be trying to get a penalty by diving in the box.

That's been their tactic for most of the season TBF. Richarlison is a master at going down theatrically from minimal/no contact. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SaintBobby said:

I really want Everton to go down.

I almost - almost, not quite - want us to lose away to Burnley.

We lost to Watford so it's them I hope stay up over Everton! 

I would love to see Everton go down. Tough that it means a West Ham win today but I'd take it.

3 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

OF derby 1-1 after 6 minutes.

What a pulsating game of football. Celtic were superb in the first half , Rangers threw everything at them in the second , had 80% of the play ……… shame on the Rangers fans though throwing broken bottles at joe hart and other stuff when Celtic had corners… disgusting ……. Really they need to go through video footage and ban these people for life.

14 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

It may well do but his chances of landing a big job in the future are getting less and less with each passing week. 

He has already had his big club chance at Chelsea. Unless any takeover sees them become a midtable club, can't see him back there.

I don't think any of the other top 6 would have ever looked at him other than City due to his Chelsea connections. City would most certainly pick someone with more pedigree and he'd be down the pecking order - just don't ever see it. 

I think managing the likes of Everton, Villa, Leicester etc etc is now the best he can manage, which is no shame if he can forge a career doing that.

However, to me it seems like Lamps manages with emotions rather than any tactical nous, he doesn't shy away in the post-match interviews. 

50 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

FT. 2-1.

I bet Lampard is wishing he had never taken that job. 

Yep, going from bad to worse for him. 

The best bit is that there games in hand are making their goal difference worse. Brilliant. 

Everton are a weird club.

They allowed Rafa to buy two new full backs and get El Ghastly on loan from Villa, and then sacked him a couple of days later.

Their away form is horrendous. They have no fighters in the squad, Burnley will scrap and give it their all. Everton’s only saviour might be that Watford aren’t a great side and are full of inconsistency.

That said Lampard would still land another cushy job because of who he is.

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Everton are a weird club.

They allowed Rafa to buy two new full backs and get El Ghastly on loan from Villa, and then sacked him a couple of days later.

Their away form is horrendous. They have no fighters in the squad, Burnley will scrap and give it their all. Everton’s only saviour might be that Watford aren’t a great side and are full of inconsistency.

That said Lampard would still land another cushy job because of who he is.

Could be worse.

image.thumb.png.05f50237c91a9c07061a3e3778051d50.png

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, hans gruber said:

What a pulsating game of football. Celtic were superb in the first half , Rangers threw everything at them in the second , had 80% of the play ……… shame on the Rangers fans though throwing broken bottles at joe hart and other stuff when Celtic had corners… disgusting ……. Really they need to go through video footage and ban these people for life.

Maybe pulsating but the quality of football was very poor compared with the Premier League.

5 hours ago, Jimmy_D said:

Can more or less throw form out the window for the Burnley Everton game, huge relegation 6 pointer.

Burnley look to have the easiest run in. If they could get on a roll I can see them escaping at the expense of Everton, Leeds or even Newcastle although they probably should have enough.

13 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Great, so Arsenal and Chelsea both getting their freak results out of the way before facing us.

MLG note: yes before you come stampeding in here to bore the chocolate off of an m&m I know, I know...

No point looking at other teams, we have to get back to winning ways.  Palace were excellent tonight and won deservedly.  Before our recent slump we had got ourselves into a great position, and then proceeded to blow it.  We'll probably end up around 40 - 42 points, perfectly safe, but probably underachieving considering the position we had got into. 

12 minutes ago, Winnersaint said:

Palace making a hell of a noise at SP. Trying to remember the last time we generated something similar?

That's a relatively new thing created by the fans and the club together. Palace traditionally had some of the quietest home support in football but their ultras group decided to change that and the club even moved season ticket holders to give them the prime location behind the goal. It's spread from there.  The teams with the best home support have a proper home end and I'm not sure the will is there among our fans to create one.

Edited by Nordic Saint

8 hours ago, Nordic Saint said:

That's a relatively new thing created by the fans and the club together. Palace traditionally had some of the quietest home support in football but their ultras group decided to change that and the club even moved season ticket holders to give them the prime location behind the goal. It's spread from there.  The teams with the best home support have a proper home end and I'm not sure the will is there among our fans to create one.

A couple of seasons ago Palace rearranged the seating which moved their organised vocal fans from their traditional spot behind and at one side of the goal .This led to big outcry by the fans so I assume their current position is the outcome of that bust up.

10 hours ago, Winnersaint said:

Palace making a hell of a noise at SP. Trying to remember the last time we generated something similar?

They're having a great season, a mate of mine is a season ticket holder there, off to Wembley for the semi final soon the cup run has got them all dreaming and they fancy their chances against Chelsea, i always end up thinking "could have been us" , doesn't seem to be the same positive buzz around Saints, as soon as we hit a bad run plenty of booing and moaning at St Mary's 

1 hour ago, JRM said:

They're having a great season, a mate of mine is a season ticket holder there, off to Wembley for the semi final soon the cup run has got them all dreaming and they fancy their chances against Chelsea, i always end up thinking "could have been us" , doesn't seem to be the same positive buzz around Saints, as soon as we hit a bad run plenty of booing and moaning at St Mary's 

For a cup run you need some luck though, if only we played Everton at home and they played City...Similarly last season we got lucky drawing Bournemouth at the QF and not Chelsea/Utd/City

In fact looking at their route to the semis - Millwall, Hartlepool, Stoke then Everton...

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, nta786 said:

For a cup run you need some luck though, if only we played Everton at home and they played City...Similarly last season we got lucky drawing Bournemouth at the QF and not Chelsea/Utd/City

In fact looking at their route to the semis - Millwall, Hartlepool, Stoke then Everton...

You can only beat what is in front of you. But agreed, they have had that bit of luck with the draw that teams our size need

Just been looking at remaining fixtures. If Burnley can beat Everton tomorrow I reckon that's Everton down (for once, realistic wishful thinking). Can't see them getting another point from their remaining fixtures. They still have to play Watford but even that game I can see Watford having the dogfight experience to take all 3 points.  Burnley's fixtures look quite comfortable in comparison, should be capable of 3 or 4 clean sheets as a minimum. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Just been looking at remaining fixtures. If Burnley can beat Everton tomorrow I reckon that's Everton down (for once, realistic wishful thinking). Can't see them getting another point from their remaining fixtures. They still have to play Watford but even that game I can see Watford having the dogfight experience to take all 3 points.  Burnley's fixtures look quite comfortable in comparison, should be capable of 3 or 4 clean sheets as a minimum. 

Watford beat them 5-2 at Goodison earlier in the season. As we discovered to our cost recently, they are capable of grinding out important wins. And Everton have the worst away record in all the English leagues this season.

Been saying it for a while now - they don't have the stomach for a fight and will be favourites to go down if they lose at Turf Moor.

• Like 2